PDA

View Full Version : new album before tour

topjim2y
08-09-2007, 12:48 PM
maybe, just maybe, vh has been working on some new material that they'll put out before the tour starts. they can only rehearse for so long and, looking back at the kiss moneygrab tours of the last decade, they slowly started to incorporate later songs into their setlist. i don't see vh with dave at the mic planning to do anything from post 1984, so it would be pretty cool to hear a couple of new tunes tossed in there throughout the show...believe it or not i can see things getting pretty volatile after a while as ed would like to play something outside the 78-84 era. and many fans buying tickets aren't the diehard cvh fan, they enjoy both eras of the band and, unless vh can recreate the visual spectacle of the shows in the glory days, many will probably wonder why they didn't play this or that hagar song (it wouldn't be me of course!)

topjim2y
08-09-2007, 12:49 PM
p.s. this is one thread that i would rather see some feedback rather than being dumped.

m_dixon1984
08-09-2007, 01:37 PM
New music would nice. I think we're more likely to hear MWM and/or CGTSNM at the shows then new music but you never know. If they have plans to release a CD in 2008 we may hear a song or two in the set. They've still got time to release a single before the tour starts and this would all but guarantee we hear new music at the shows.

If this press conference happens on Monday I think we'll get answers to some of our quesitons. Press will definitely ask if Hagar music will be played on the tour, will ask if new music is in the works, will ask about bass player (unless press is told/asked not to ask that one), may ask about Wolfie vocals, etc.

I was talking to my boss about the possibility of a "reunion" and a tour. He asked if they'd play any VanGaygar tunes, I said not fucking likely, and he said he wouldn't buy a ticket then. He wants to hear Finish What Ya Started and Poundcake or else it's not worth it to him. I'm thinking of quitting.

M

Nickdfresh
08-09-2007, 01:49 PM
Well, Ed lied again. Apparently, he will do a "nostalgia tour" after claiming he wouldn't...

Just trust him not to fuck everything up.;)

delta5150
08-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Your boss is a twat, like most bosses. They've got bad taste in everything, nobody tells them that so they go on living like complete arrogant arsesholes. Fuck 'em all

Anyway, this is a classic VH reunion and spammy songs are out of the question and I'm pretty sure they're all happy with that, besides there's no need for them with six albums worth of classic songs.

I'm wishing for a new album,
if they want this to start well they could do with a spanking new single, get massive airplay, and get some new fans as well

Can't wait until Monday, I'm expecting a few surprises and some Dave one-liners

5150EVH5150
08-09-2007, 04:00 PM
A new album would definitely rock, but songwriting is a deep kind of thing, I don't think the boys(mostly Ed and Dave) could stand to team up and write, just because theyre who they are. I'd love to see an album filled with the Gene Simmons Demos, re-recorded of course, mixed with a few new tunes. Thatd be good enough for me.

Vinnie Velvet
08-09-2007, 04:11 PM
There may be something new coming in 08, but now now.

Jérôme Frenchise
08-09-2007, 04:13 PM
A new album would be a way better and really convincing motive for all the postponing.

08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
Will do go back to the long blond hair and jump suits for the tour?

08-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Will Dave go back to the long blond hair and jump suits for the tour?

jcook11
08-09-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by topjim2y
p.s. this is one thread that i would rather see some feedback rather than being dumped.

Here is some feedback ...........PLEASE DO NOT USE THE WORDS VAN HALEN AND sammy hagar IN THE SAME SENTENCE! ;)

Nickdfresh
08-09-2007, 05:44 PM
You'd think that if this (fake) reunion was really to mean anything, they'd work on an album, then begin the tour in late winter...

08-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Good point, I think this is going to be a grab the cash and run job.
If you look back at each reunion attempt since 96, they always tried to make a new record before any tour!

jcook11
08-09-2007, 06:00 PM
One of these days Ed will finally run out of beer money and go for a quick money grab

jharp84
08-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Well, Ed lied again. Apparently, he will do a "nostalgia tour" after claiming he wouldn't...

Just trust him not to fuck everything up.;)

Shouldn't Ed be playing Tuba in a dark and smoky bar in the backstreets of "meanstreets" after the "demise" of VHIII - AKA Gary!!

indeedido
08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by topjim2y
maybe, just maybe, vh has been working on some new material that they'll put out before the tour starts. they can only rehearse for so long and, looking back at the kiss moneygrab tours of the last decade, they slowly started to incorporate later songs into their setlist. i don't see vh with dave at the mic planning to do anything from post 1984, so it would be pretty cool to hear a couple of new tunes tossed in there throughout the show...believe it or not i can see things getting pretty volatile after a while as ed would like to play something outside the 78-84 era. and many fans buying tickets aren't the diehard cvh fan, they enjoy both eras of the band and, unless vh can recreate the visual spectacle of the shows in the glory days, many will probably wonder why they didn't play this or that hagar song (it wouldn't be me of course!)

very valid point, I've wondered the same thing. I have a hard time believing Dave would do any hagar song. Honestly, he doesn't have the range anyway. It would be cool though, for them to do some of the 5150 songs, the ones they originally worked up with Dave and use Dave's lyrics. That would be a cool surprise.

78/84 guy
08-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Fuck, Let's just hope they show up to the first show !!