X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

The VH/Roth band meeting

As I was sitting here watching my US Fest dvd I couldnt help but wonder if thats What Roth, Ed, and Al are doing. You know they are checking out all the vids and having smiles while watching this shit. It was so long ago it must look like another band to them. They will remember just how much they ruled the world. And I think we will see the fire back in them. Good times ahead!!! yeah!!!
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

I hope so man. The expectations are pretty high for them. I hope this is a huge success and they don't embarrass themselves.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
      Groupie
      • Mar 2004

Dave is stretching
      AL is taking off his neck brace
      ed is shaking cause he wants a drink
      Wolfie is playing guitar hero on x box
      THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
        I hope so man. The expectations are pretty high for them. I hope this is a huge success and they don't embarrass themselves.
        I know exactly what you mean.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago about the Dinosaur Jr reunion that I'm going to use as an analogy. The journalist was clearly a huge fan and said something I thought was revealing: whilst a band is just a memory, a legend, you can tell yourself and others, that they were the greatest fuckin' thing on the planet. But when the reunion happens those illusions could be shattered: the gig he reviewd was good, really good, but it was never as good as he execpted it to be. And in many ways it couldn't be because in his own minf he'd built the band into legends, demi-gods and nothing could ever live up to that expectation.

I suppose there is a danger of that with this reunion: we've waited so long that the expectations might be too high. They could put on an amazing show and people could still think "they were great, but they weren't Van Halen" because in their minds Van Halen has become the untouchable, superlative band that mere mortals could never even hope to achieve.
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• vh rides again
          Commando
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by binnie
          I know exactly what you mean.

I read an article a couple of weeks ago about the Dinosaur Jr reunion that I'm going to use as an analogy. The journalist was clearly a huge fan and said something I thought was revealing: whilst a band is just a memory, a legend, you can tell yourself and others, that they were the greatest fuckin' thing on the planet. But when the reunion happens those illusions could be shattered: the gig he reviewd was good, really good, but it was never as good as he execpted it to be. And in many ways it couldn't be because in his own minf he'd built the band into legends, demi-gods and nothing could ever live up to that expectation.

I suppose there is a danger of that with this reunion: we've waited so long that the expectations might be too high. They could put on an amazing show and people could still think "they were great, but they weren't Van Halen" because in their minds Van Halen has become the untouchable, superlative band that mere mortals could never even hope to achieve.
          well,if you are expecting dave in spandex and all of them running around the stage like 20 year olds then you are gonna be very dissapointed.
          its gonna be a slowed down version of the us fest, dave walking the stage singing the classics.
          at my age, i dont know that i could stomach watching a bunch of guys with long hair, wearing spandex anymore. just wouldnt feel right.

i only expect to hear dave singing finally with eddie vanhalen playing the guitar the way it was suppose to sound.

it was great going to see dave all these years,but when he played the classics,i didnt care for any of his guitarists,just wasnt the same.

ill be happy im sure,no dissapointments.

Comment

• frankfasteddie
            Roadie
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by vh rides again
            well,if you are expecting dave in spandex and all of them running around the stage like 20 year olds then you are gonna be very dissapointed.
            its gonna be a slowed down version of the us fest, dave walking the stage singing the classics.
            at my age, i dont know that i could stomach watching a bunch of guys with long hair, wearing spandex anymore. just wouldnt feel right.

i only expect to hear dave singing finally with eddie vanhalen playing the guitar the way it was suppose to sound.

it was great going to see dave all these years,but when he played the classics,i didnt care for any of his guitarists,just wasnt the same.

ill be happy im sure,no dissapointments.
            Yepp I saw Dave a couple years back for ten bucks at a rib fest in St. Pete. He's not jumping off a set of speakers doing the splits. The reviews I heard towards the end of his last tour were rather good and that his voice was strong, but its not where it was 10 years ago let alone 84. Ed on the other hand in 04 was pathetic, when the singer sheepgar says there were times I didn't know what the fuck he was playing, that's pretty sad let alone that you tube broadcast of kenny chesny debacle. As of today Ed is sober and Dave is on board so it appears the pieces are coming together. I am just hoping they can make through the tour and I can put a check mark on my list that says I saw David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen play together, its been 20 plus years of me convincing people that this is the greatest rock band of all time and sometimes it's hard to convince them with shitty bootlegs. 1984 Van Halen is no longer available but I am sure as always with D.L.R. it will be one helluva a show and 2 hours of your life that you will be talking about with your friends about for a long time.
            Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• DlocRoth
              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Actually Dave's voice is as good as it's been at any time in the last ten years.
              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                Roadie
                • Feb 2007

Dinosaur Jr.? Legend?

Comment

• ROTHisGOD
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

The patented "<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ien1K0nyXWw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ien1K0nyXWw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>Roth Scream" is what most CVH fans are hoping for!
                  or...I know being back with Edward is going to definitely push him!<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6TYppcqT48"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6TYppcqT48" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

i highly doubt they are sitting around watching old video of themselves. There is no way to expect them to perform anywhere close to 20 yrs ago.
                    This tour is way to late in coming. If they can hold it together and cut some new music, then you will see the masses come back around. For those of you who were not able to see them in their prime, you missed something brillant! Lets hope the boys give 100%, and i think they will with the kid along.

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

When I saw KISS on their reunion tour in '96, I built it up, but it did meet my expectation and more. It was as grand as it was in the '70s. The tours since were flat, but that initial reunion was magnificent.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• ROTHisGOD
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2004

Same feeling about the KISS reunion tour...

Comment

Working...