PDA

View Full Version : Is Rhino releasing the Greatest Hits 1978-1984?

firestarter
08-10-2007, 01:17 PM
this tour has to support something?

Shrek the Ogre
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
no

Redballjets88
08-10-2007, 08:11 PM
rhino wouldnt be the one to do it. Warner is more likely but its doubtful

DavidLeeNatra
08-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by firestarter
this tour has to support something?

why?

08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey, people are talking about surprises at the press conference, I`ve got a feeling they may have completed the album from the 2000/2001 sessions, as they were only a couple of songs short of a full album.

ThrillsNSpills
08-11-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by 113
I`ve got a feeling they may have completed the album from the 2000/2001 sessions, as they were only a couple of songs short of a full album.

A five song EP would be better than nothing at all but there's got to be tons of material there.

If Ed wants to show the world how good his son is, a greatest hits from Rhino ain't gonna cut it.

If these guys are inspired enough from his involvement, then naturally material is going to come from it.

Personally, an interview from them doesn't mean much after everything that's gone on. Even diehards have been dropping off over the years, which is sad. I see it from the members here and I feel the same even though technically they (band) don't owe us.

It's all about the music .
They'd be nuts not to do a full album. :)

tajmahal
08-11-2007, 11:00 AM
All I want is a studio album. I tour is great, but any new music would be better. If they don't have a new album they should only release a live album from 1984. There should be a single disc for a regular fan and a double disc for the die hard fans.

Shrek the Ogre
08-11-2007, 12:06 PM
could u imagine if they recorded all the old songs with wolf playing on them as a greatest hits package....... what a blow to mike. wait fuck it they kind of did it to dave with live right here right now!!

FORD
08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
rhino wouldnt be the one to do it. Warner is more likely but its doubtful

Rhino IS Warner. More specifically, they are Warner's outlet for back catalog sales, whether it's greatest hits albums, remasters, or box sets.

Pretty much any CD you find in the store these days from a 70's or 80's band signed to any Warner Music label (Warner/Reprise/Elektra/Atlantic/Sire/etc.) is going to have the Rhino logo on it.

Having said that, the decision to scrap yet another VH greatest hits album was probably a wise one, True, this would have been an actual Van HALEN greatest hits CD, rather than a half-Hagar cheese laden product. But after most of us bought the half cheese BOV1 in 1996 in order to get the only 2 Van HALEN songs released after 1984, it still would be insulting to come out with another cash grab CD. Not to mention the 2000 remasters which no doubt are on most of our shelves as well.

NathanRay
08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
What would be great if with cost of admission you'd get a new album(or at least a couple song e.p.) pulled from the early 2000's out of appreciation of the fans' support and patience.

Ha Ha Probably not with this Band, Though. That Would Be A Huge Suprise.

08-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Eddie told Dave in 2003, that if he did not except Ed`s offer on royalties, they would use concert versions of the Dave era tracks with Sammy, for the BOBW compilation, and he would not make a dime.