X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave2007
    Roadie
    • Feb 2007

Giants Stadium October

August 10, 2007 -- Halen officially announces the group's big reunion Monday, and promoters are keeping their fingers crossed that habitually warring Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth can remain civil to each other long enough to complete a 50-show tour. Journalists at the press conference at the Four Seasons in L.A. will no doubt be studying the body language of Eddie and Diamond Dave, as well as band members Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's teenage son, who replaces Michael Anthony). While promoter Live Nation has not announced New York dates, The Post's Dan Aquilante expects the band here in early October, when it will still be warm enough for a Giants Stadium gig. The tour was set to start last spring, but then Eddie checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse. When the feud was at its angriest years ago, Roth was replaced by Sammy Hagar. If the reformed band survives without eruptions, they could earn as much as $70 million on the U.S. leg alone.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08102007/gossip/pagesix/again__van_halen_pagesix_.htm
  • Dave2007
    Roadie
    • Feb 2007

by the way Dan Aquilante (rock reporter)was a guest on Daves radio show, and gave Daves Brendon Byrne Arena (now Continental arena) Skyscraper 88 show a review that was so great I had it on my wall for years.his review was titled "Roth Jumps to it!"

Comment

Roth Army Recruit
      • Aug 2007

No Giants stadium... place sucks. plus I hate driving 2 jersey, but if i have to I WILL...lol

Comment

• Dave2007
        Roadie
        • Feb 2007

sorry I just tried the link and its a dud, it'll take you to the post then click on entertainment,then page six,story called Vanhalen again.

Comment

• Dave2007
          Roadie
          • Feb 2007

I agree 1978,but just think of the volume at a stadium gig YEAAAHHH!!!

Comment

Roth Army Recruit
            • Aug 2007

Very true Dave, very true.... Id rather go to PNC, great place for concerts..

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

why not MSG
              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

No way Giants Stadium, I hope not!!! MSG would be so much better!!!

I plan on hitting NYC, Atlantic City, and Philly!!!

Comment

Roth Army Recruit
                  • Aug 2007

I agree DLR'sCock, MSG would be so much better... It should be MSG, Nassau Coliseum and PNC...

Comment

• Antman
                    Commando
                    • Jan 2004

Nassau Coliseum is a fuckin dump.
                    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

Roth Army Recruit
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Antman

Yes it is a dump but its betta than nuthin....

Comment

• ace diamond
                        Full Member Status

• Sep 2004

Originally posted by Antman
                        so is shea stadium....but at least it's in nyc......unfortunately it's in queens
                        Originally posted by hideyoursheep
                        When Hagar speaks, I want to cut off my ears and send them to Bristol Palin.
                        "It's like trying to fit a mouse fart into a sardine can with a shoe horn"-Ace Diamond

Comment

• AJW
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Re: Giants Stadium October

Originally posted by Dave2007
                          August 10, 2007 -- Halen officially announces the group's big reunion Monday, and promoters are keeping their fingers crossed that habitually warring Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth can remain civil to each other long enough to complete a 50-show tour. Journalists at the press conference at the Four Seasons in L.A. will no doubt be studying the body language of Eddie and Diamond Dave, as well as band members Alex and Wolfgang Van Halen (Eddie's teenage son, who replaces Michael Anthony). While promoter Live Nation has not announced New York dates, The Post's Dan Aquilante expects the band here in early October, when it will still be warm enough for a Giants Stadium gig. The tour was set to start last spring, but then Eddie checked himself into rehab for alcohol abuse. When the feud was at its angriest years ago, Roth was replaced by Sammy Hagar. If the reformed band survives without eruptions, they could earn as much as $70 million on the U.S. leg alone.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08102007/gossip/pagesix/again__van_halen_pagesix_.htm
                          I don't believe a word that is written in that rag.

Comment

• Antman
                            Commando
                            • Jan 2004

I wouldn't wipe my ass with the NY Post.
                            When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• Dave2007
                              Roadie
                              • Feb 2007

I was just over at vhnd.com, and saw spammy is selling cabo wabo hats ha ha haha ha ahahahahahh ha time for that pussy to do a tour of local shopping malls with boy shakira

Comment

Working...