"No Compensation" For Anthony Backing Vocals...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

"No Compensation" For Anthony Backing Vocals...

VAN HALEN 2007 FINALLY GETS THE GREEN LIGHT:
    Unless you have been in a coma the last week, you would have heard that Van Halen will announce their 'long awaited finally coming to fruition' 2007 tour with David Lee Roth in LA Monday morning.
    Here's the latest from Billboard, followed by a couple of small updates from my sources.

Van Halen, Roth to announce tour next week: By Ray Waddell Nashville (Billboard) -
    Van Halen will announce a 50-date American reunion tour with original singer David Lee Roth during a news conference in Hollywood next week, sources said. The arena trek will begin in early October.
    Roth, who split from the rock group in the mid-1980s in hopes of solo stardom, will reunite with co-founders Eddie Van Halen on guitar and brother Alex Van Halen on drums. Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang will sub for Michael Anthony on bass.
    A proposed summer amphitheater tour by the group never got off the ground, with Eddie Van Halen entering a rehabilitation facility for undisclosed reasons in March.
    In the months since, the guitarist has been seen publicly looking healthy and fit. Van Halen last toured in 2004, with Roth's replacement, vocalist Sammy Hagar, grossing nearly $40 million, according to Billboard Boxscore."

What I can add - well...not much! Quoting my source, "...the press conference is Monday...the rest of the news is pretty boring..." Boring? Well, to summarize, the band is getting along great, Eddie's still clean and Van Halen are about to tour (finally!).
    So not much to speculate about - everything seems to be going to plan on what is Take Two of the planned 2007 Tour.
    I can add one other thing. The tour may start in Connecticut. I guess we'll know Monday. The other issue that has been talked about is that of backing vocals. As far as I know, there will be no major compensation added for the loss of Michael Anthony's well known contribution in that department. Hiring a backing vocalist was discussed, but what I have heard is that Eddie, Alex and Wofgang recorded some backing vocals for just a few songs, which will be included as backing tracks on performance night.

Oh God, this is going to be shit...
  • Baby's On Fire
    Veteran
    • May 2004

I have a suggestion for you: Stop fucking worrying about it and shut the fuck up.

Are you such a loser that you spend your time complaining about how it's going to be shit?

Did you see Dave solo? Was Michael Anthony on vocals then? Who gives a fuck abot MA anway? The guy is a scumbag. He TRASHED Sammy after sammy left in 1996.....nice fucking loyal friend huh? What a stand up guy MA is....backs his "friends" no matter what.

Besids that, he can't sing worth shit anymore anyway. So who fucking cares?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

Fuck off!

Ed and Dave are going to be on stage. bassplayer is busy being Spammy's bitch.

Life goes on without him!
      http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
      http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
        I have a suggestion for you: Stop fucking worrying about it and shut the fuck up.

Are you such a loser that you spend your time complaining about how it's going to be shit?

Did you see Dave solo? Was Michael Anthony on vocals then? Who gives a fuck abot MA anway? The guy is a scumbag. He TRASHED Sammy after sammy left in 1996.....nice fucking loyal friend huh? What a stand up guy MA is....backs his "friends" no matter what.

Besids that, he can't sing worth shit anymore anyway. So who fucking cares?
        How does Ed's dick taste?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
          Fuck off!

Ed and Dave are going to be on stage. bassplayer is busy being Spammy's bitch.

Life goes on without him!
          Maybe they can get Clay, so you could becum a complete groupy bitch, eh?

Comment

• Redballjets88
            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
            How does Ed's dick taste?
            Nick, I like you, always have.

But why the fuck are you being such a whiny bitch of late goddamn. Its dave with al and ed. We all know the sisters are fucks, but why would you be so pissed that the bassplayer isn't involved, obviously he wants to fuck sammy more than reunite, so Ed said fuck off to him. I would love for him to be there, I love mikey, but it's dave or the grave baby.
            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

When he's not busy posting photos of Clay Ailken or writing about him...he's always been a whining bitch.

First the typhoon and now bassplayer...the humanity!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

When he's not busy posting photos of Clay Ailken or writing about him...he's always been a whining bitch.

First the typhoon and now bassplayer...the humanity!

You're the one that watches him, that's how I know you're gay. That and your collection of Cold Play boots.

And don't don't you wish people would call you "bassplayer," instead of "nobody?"

Have fun with the American Idol Season I DVD collection!

Fag.

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

See what I mean?

Pure deflection into the soul of a whining bitch!

Nice try nicker00!

Try not to suck any dick on your way into the parking lot at THE Van Halen concert!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88

But why the fuck are you being such a whiny bitch of late goddamn.

I ran out of alcohol...

Its dave with al and ed.
                    Actually, it's Al, Ed, spawn of Ed, and some guy they've hired as a cash grab...

Pardon me if I can't get-it-up over that....

We all know the sisters are fucks, but why would you be so pissed that the bassplayer isn't involved,
                    Because it's symbolic and emblematic of what an impulsive joke Ed has become. And how people here are doing fucking cartwheels over guys they've bitched about for at least four years now. It's not a real "reunion," because - the key "bassplayer" you hear singing on the CVH-six ain't there. So, in essence, he's not just the "bassplayer," he's also the "background singer." Not putting him on stage is just the first sign that this whole thing is just going to be a clusterfuck sham.

Maybe they'll make it though all 50-dates and collect $70million. Whatever. But don't pretend that this is going to any level of legitimacy, or be worthwhile to go through the trouble and expense of attending. Not for me man. You all can decide for yourselves...

Mike's not being there is not the big problem necessarily, it's THE big symptom - that Ed is a ruthless, ungrateful cunt that kicks people aside, just like he did to Dave in 1996, and that this will never amount to anything of note because the Van Halen sisters have TOTAL FUCKING CUNTROL. Which means that things are far from what they were during the classic era of greatness...

You guys wanna see that. Be my guest, but don't fucking lecture me man...

obviously he wants to fuck sammy more than reunite,
                    Bullshit! Mike would be there is a second if called. Even Sam has said that Van Halen needs to go out with the original lineup.

so Ed said fuck off to him. I would love for him to be there, I love mikey, but it's dave or the grave baby.
                    Well, maybe they should just put in in a grave then. Seriously, I can see you getting all excited over this. You're a kid. You've never seen them, so you have an excuse to go. Me, I've seen 'em live. And the memory is fine, and this sham might just ruin it for me...

I have no great love for Michael Anthony. But I can't see how anyone could hate possibly the most down-to-earth, decent guy of the collective bunch of cunts these people are.

Whatever, enjoy your shows, for ever how long it lasts, man...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

See what I mean?

Pure deflection into the soul of a whining bitch!

Nice try nicker00!

Try not to suck any dick on your way into the parking lot at THE Van Halen concert!
                      Fuck you pussy!

You hate my opinions so much?

Fine, why don't you tell Pojo_Risin off for saying pretty much exactly what I have said in a couple of threads?

Because you're a fraud and a shitbag coward that hops on the bandwagon, like you always have been...

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                        Veteran
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Redballjets88

But why the fuck are you being such a whiny bitch of late goddamn. Its dave with al and ed. We all know the sisters are fucks, but why would you be so pissed that the bassplayer isn't involved, obviously he wants to fuck sammy more than reunite, so Ed said fuck off to him. I would love for him to be there, I love mikey, but it's dave or the grave baby.
                        LMAO - someone tells him he needs to learn how to use commas so
                        in this post he uses them to string complete sentences together.
                        What a complete flunkee.

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                        You're the one that watches him, that's how I know you're gay. That and your collection of Cold Play boots.

And don't don't you wish people would call you "bassplayer," instead of "nobody?"

Have fun with the American Idol Season I DVD collection!

Fag.
                        Mad Vibe watches American Idol, listens to Cold Play and Clay Aiken,
                        and he wants to pass judgment on posters here who want a Classic
                        Van Halen reunion with all four original members? Seriously? I love
                        this message board. The laughs never stop at the Roth Army.
                        Trollidillo-T

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, for those here clamoring that this is some: Mike + Sam thing.

You're fucking delusional! Exhibit A:

Last edited by Nickdfresh; 08-10-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• WACF
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

I hear ya Nick.

It is what it is but yeah...The backing vocals will be weak.

Comment

• VAiN
                              Use my hand, I won't look
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

When I walk out of the arena after the first show and my only complaint is the backing vocals didn't sound like the record, I'll be totally OK with that. Bottom line... I want to see Ed & Dave on stage together... everything else won't matter for shit to me.
                              Originally posted by wiseguy
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...