PDA

View Full Version : The "Wolfie" Tour

TheRothMan
08-11-2007, 01:33 AM
I'd like to sound off on this new quote Van Halen unquote tour. I feel I am entitled to sound off because I am one of the chosen few who witnessed a true Van Halen concert in 1979 with the "real" Van Halen.

To draw an analogy for this new tour; it's kind of like if you went to the pet store and bought a cute little puppy. The puppy licks your face when you call his name. He wags his tail when you bring him to the park to run free. But when you finally get him home, he shits on your brand new shoes. Do you know what I'm saying?

It still will not be a true Van Halen show without MA. Like him or not, MA was a part of the "real" Van Halen. I have read so many posts on this site trying to downplay his importance. "Maybe this kid can sing the high notes" are one of many opinions I have read. "Maybe the kid can make us forget about MA" writes another. Well, I'll tell you. I'm tired of it. Give me MA or give me death, I say.

Panamark
08-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Wow ! Nows theres a fresh idea for a thread !

Man, you and I could set this board on fire,
Ive just had this cool idea for a thread too,
"Dave is better than Sammy"

Fucking A man !!

Welcome to the Army !

PlexiBrown
08-11-2007, 01:54 AM
For people who feel bad about this could you imagine how much it would suck if the press conference Monday was to announce the 2007 Van Hagar tour?

TheRothMan
08-11-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by Panamark
Wow ! Nows theres a fresh idea for a thread !

Welcome to the Army !

Aren't you even slightly depressed about this tour? I mean, c'mon you can't honestly say you are happy about this predicament.

Suppose you were on your honeymoon. You have reserved the best hotel in French Polynesia. You carry your new bride over the thresh hold. Your mouth is watering for things to come. You lay on the bed with your new bride. You both sip Clos du Mesnil 1995 while looking in each others eyes. The anticipation builds. You can't wait any longer. And then, and then! She tells you she's frigid. No sex for you boy! None. Zip. How would you feel? I'll tell you how I'd feel. I'd feel cheated; that's how I would feel.

northern boy
08-11-2007, 03:20 AM
Sorry dude, but get over it or dont show up. Mike's gone thats all there is to it. Honestly I'm looking foward to Dave and Ed on stage together again, not much else matters to me I just hope they play Vancouver if so I'm there.

Panamark
08-11-2007, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by TheRothMan
Aren't you even slightly depressed about this tour? I mean, c'mon you can't honestly say you are happy about this predicament.

Suppose you were on your honeymoon. You have reserved the best hotel in French Polynesia. You carry your new bride over the thresh hold. Your mouth is watering for things to come. You lay on the bed with your new bride. You both sip Clos du Mesnil 1995 while looking in each others eyes. The anticipation builds. You can't wait any longer. And then, and then! She tells you she's frigid. No sex for you boy! None. Zip. How would you feel? I'll tell you how I'd feel. I'd feel cheated; that's how I would feel.

Feeling Cheated ?

Ive been feeling that way since the 5150 album and Dave's
departure.. Why should that change now ?

Glass is 3/4 full, or 1/4 empty..

Whatever..

I would love the original 4, but for the moment,
the most significant 3 will have to do...

Things to make you feel better..

Van Hagar, Sammy, The other Half, everything those
stoopid sheep stood for is dead and buried..

Mike loved being in Van Halen *WITHOUT* Dave..
Should we feel sorry for him now ??
Its clear where his aliances are...

Im not giving up total hope that they will bring him
back in down the track.. Wolf may not work out ?

But until then, its Van Halen, as close as we remember..

Antman
08-11-2007, 06:27 AM
Feeling Cheated ?

Ive been feeling that way since the 5150 album and Dave's
departure.. Why should that change now ?

Glass is 3/4 full, or 1/4 empty..

Whatever..

I would love the original 4, but for the moment,
the most significant 3 will have to do...

Things to make you feel better..

Van Hagar, Sammy, The other Half, everything those
stoopid sheep stood for is dead and buried..

Im not giving up total hope that they will bring him
back in down the track.. Wolf may not work out ?

But until then, its Van Halen, as close as we remember..

True. True.

frankfasteddie
08-11-2007, 06:54 AM
One less person in line for a ticket....more for me

wrm
08-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Whose got more analogies..."therothman" or Paul Stanley from Kiss.

HOGLEG
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
I saw VH in Kansas City in 1982. Does that make me also one of the "chosen ones"? If so, should I start a thread and say that I saw MA with Sammy last summer and it sucked, and I will look forward to Wolfie?

bantonelli
08-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Feeling Cheated ?

That's right! There wasn't any "mourning" from Mike about Dave...in fact, MA puts Dave down in a DVD...no love lost there.

The Reunion of this Tour is only in regards to Ed and Dave reuniting, which is THE SHOW!:D