PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter To Edward and David

Irving Azoff
08-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Dear David and Edward,

On behalf of all of us who've long awaiting the upcoming announcement on Monday, I just wanted to publish this open letter to the both of you so you'd both know what to expect...

Firstly, I like to start with David...

Dave - Notwithstanding the absence of Michael Anthony, this is the long awaited “inevitability” that you once spoke of. Yes, there will be plenty of questions direct toward you about re-joining Van Halen and that will be the subject that grabs all of the headlines. Yes, this is about you. But please take note that there will be almost an equal amount of questions directed toward Edward encompassing his recent rehabilitation, as well as the fact that his son will be touring with him. Just remember that every headline throughout the civilized world will carry the message on Tuesday that Van Halen is touring again with David Lee Roth. After 23 years of being apart, there will be some who want to direct a question to Edward, so do not take it to heart if you begin to think that the press conference is not “all about you”. Just allow Ed to share some of the spotlight along with you and do not allow ego to get in the way.

Ed – We all know how Dave is…that’s why we love him. We know Dave will mug for the camera and make an oddball remark or quote, but that is just his essence. Musically, we know that you are the engine that powers the vehicle. On Monday, you may be asked questions regarding your recent rehab stint as well as how it will be touring with your son. There will also be numerous questions directed toward David about fronting Van Halen again. After 23 years of being apart, there will be some who want to direct a question to David, so do not take it to heart if you begin to think that the press conference is not “all about you”. Just allow Dave to share some of the spotlight along with you and do not allow ego to get in the way.

Regards,
The Van Halen Faithful

ELVIS
08-11-2007, 03:14 PM
That was pretty gay...

Irving Azoff
08-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Dude - we're soooo close to getting this back together - I don;t want EGO to get in the way like after the MTV music awards.

Eddie's Booze
08-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Irving Azoff
Dude - we're soooo close to getting this back together - I don;t want EGO to get in the way like after the MTV music awards.

Amen to that :)

philouze
08-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I don't think Dave or Ed could need an open letter like that. They just know what they're doing and they WON'T fuck this up like they did in 96.

Little Lamont
08-11-2007, 04:58 PM
Think either one of them checks these boards to actually read that?

Irving Azoff
08-11-2007, 05:04 PM
wanna bet?

EAT MY ASSHOLE
08-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
That was pretty gay...

For once, I'm in complete agreement with Elvis. If George Michael were to read that tripe, even HE would be saying "Whoever is posting as Irv Azoff, he's a total FAG."

frets5150
08-11-2007, 05:18 PM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/awesome1r1-1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Jimmy4vh
08-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by frets5150
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a83/FRETS5150/awesome1r1-1.jpg

:rolleyes:

hahahahahahahaha

chi-town324
08-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Like they need some guy on a message board telling them how to conduct themselves in public. LMFAO

kamaboko
08-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Dude...you saved the tour. I'm sure Ed and Dave cried, gave each other a big hug, became blood brothers and will post your letter on the tour bus/plane.

indeedido
08-11-2007, 09:28 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p301/indeedido/Burt_sez.jpg

Antman
08-11-2007, 10:30 PM
I can't believe people are actually responding to this.

Jimmy Jingles
08-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Antman
I can't believe people are actually responding to this.

Exactly....oh wait....SHIT!!!!

Nickdfresh
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
That was pretty gay...

:D So gay, even Liberace threw up!

diamondsgirl
08-12-2007, 05:52 PM
I think the author of this thread was just trying to express what he would like to say to Ed and Dave (if he could) to try to get them to respect each other more so that they won't fuck it up again.

Why is this a problem? I'm cuntfused. :confused:

I agree with his thoughts here and hope that these two can share the limelight respectfully and behave like adults and not two year olds.

I think they are both at a place in their lives where they can.

Satan
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Of course, if this was really Irving Azoff, he could call Eddie and Dave at home and actually talk to them.......

vh rides again
08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
I think the author of this thread was just trying to express what he would like to say to Ed and Dave (if he could) to try to get them to respect each other more so that they won't fuck it up again.

Why is this a problem? I'm cuntfused. :confused:

I agree with his thoughts here and hope that these two can share the limelight respectfully and behave like adults and not two year olds.

I think they are both at a place in their lives where they can.
yeah,but your a girl,chicks think alike.

ELVIS
08-13-2007, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Oh, now I get it...

You girls must get up pretty early in the morning to be so sharp...

:elvis:

DavidLeeNatra
08-13-2007, 09:18 AM
That was pretty gay...

so are "open letter" threads per se... :(

move it...