PDA

View Full Version : The 2nd instrumental on WACF

delta5150
08-13-2007, 05:43 AM
As you all know, there's an instrumental at the end of the record with crunching and deadly guitar riff preceeded by a tribal drum opening :killer:

Which unfortunately lasts less than half a bloody minute :mad:

Questions:

1) What's the name of this peculiar instrumental?
2) Has it been played live?
3) Was it meant to be the intro to another song on that album?
4) Any ideas which song?

It's kinda of strange that the album ends off with a very short instrumental which sounds like early
Metallica/Black Sabbath, then again "loss of control" was meant to be ode to Black Sabbath right?

I think WACF is the only album to end of with an instrumental

Mad_Mike
08-13-2007, 06:18 AM
Yes, it was supposed to be the intro of the next album but they didn't use it.

delta5150
08-13-2007, 06:42 AM
Sweet, well it definitely wasn't the intro to Big Bad Bill :D

Jérôme Frenchise
08-13-2007, 07:06 AM
I agree, it's disappointing that it doesn't last any longer. I edited "In a simple rhyme", used the outro as the automatic opening sound of my Windows, and the intro for the closing. :cool:

It seems that the last chord of the end of IASR is the same as the first one in "And the cradle will rock...". I'll check it out, because it could be slightly different, but I'm almost sure of that.

Anyway, this outro from WACF is fucking catchy. :cool:

(...)

I've just checked it, and it isn't the same chord - but maybe they could have used it as the intro to the album as well. Anyway, it's all great as it is. Still my fave album today. :cool:

binnie
08-13-2007, 07:15 AM
Always loved that!

And Skid Row totally ripped-off the idea on the end of their debut record.

Fuct Jup
08-13-2007, 09:08 AM
the song is called "Growth "
According to Eddie, the 20-second piece of music following "In a Simple Rhyme" was supposed to be continued on the beginning of the next album. As you may have guessed, this didn't happen. Rumor has it the working title of this song was "Growth" and it only appears on the CD and LP versions of this album.

delta5150
08-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Interesting! many thanks

delta5150
08-13-2007, 09:45 AM
I just wonder in my dreams of course, if they do have an album coming out, if they went back through the tapes found this piece and worked it to come out with badass song, that woud be so outrageously fucking cool!!!

Fuct Jup
08-13-2007, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by delta5150
It's kinda of strange that the album ends off with a very short instrumental which sounds like early
Metallica/Black Sabbath, then again "loss of control" was meant to be ode to Black Sabbath right?

I think WACF is the only album to end of with an instrumental [/B]

"Loss of Control" had been written in 1976 as a commentary on the first wave of Punk Rock to reach America. The video for this song (which was never released) features the band in surgical outfits.

frankfasteddie
08-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by delta5150
As you all know, there's an instrumental at the end of the record with crunching and deadly guitar riff preceeded by a tribal drum opening :killer:

Which unfortunately lasts less than half a bloody minute :mad:

Questions:

1) What's the name of this peculiar instrumental?
2) Has it been played live?
3) Was it meant to be the intro to another song on that album?
4) Any ideas which song?

I think WACF is the only album to end of with an instrumental

They played this in the Madison 84 boot leg the first song into the encore (song 8 second disc) Ed played some herman munster intro and then they busted into the end of IASR or "Growth" then it spilled over to Aint takin 'bout love

it was fucking sweet

Jérôme Frenchise
08-13-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Fuct Jup
"Loss of Control" had been written in 1976 as a commentary on the first wave of Punk Rock to reach America. The video for this song (which was never released) features the band in surgical outfits.

The vid was posted around here in Main through youtube or something alike a few months ago.
I've kept it on disc for about 18 months. It's hilarious. :D
It was originally broadcast on German TV.

I'm glad somebody thought about opening a thread on "Growth", as it seems it was called. I hear it every day when I start my computer. :cool:

Antman
08-13-2007, 09:35 PM
I believe it was alson known at one point as Tank. The album/tape version fades out while the CD plays to the very last note.

cMb
08-13-2007, 10:24 PM
On the album, it faded out & it was supposed to fade in as the intro of the next LP.

I guess the master tapes didn't have the fade, because the CD doesn't fade out.

It caught me by surprise the 1st time I heard the 'sudden' ending! Sweet!