PDA

View Full Version : Seating Maps Charlotte Bobcats Arena

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 12:57 PM
I was just STROKE-ing around the internet and I was wondering what BobCats Arena looked like.

http://www.charlottebobcatsarena.com/default.asp?id=102

http://e.photos.cx/03-6d8.jpg

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
This was The Cure's map for either a recent or upcoming event (I don't give a shit about). The prices on the side of the picture indicating costs for tickets in certain sections are only relevant if you wish to visit the Gate City to see The Cure.

Charlotte is the banking capitol of the Atlantic seaboard, ya know?

Is this in the right forum?

Jimmy Jingles
08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Hyman -

I am going to the Charlotte and Atlanta shows (and any S.C. shows).

We should get up a group for an official unofficial 'Roth Army/DDLR Get fucked up" meet and greet.

ToddVol
08-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Stupid Question...Is Charlotte a confirmed date on the tour??

PlexiBrown
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I will be going to any shows in the Carolinas and in the NY/Philly area.

DLR2007
08-13-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ToddVol
Stupid Question...Is Charlotte a confirmed date on the tour?? No dates are really confirmed yet...

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Ha! This could Rock!!

Fuck it - lets go all out and either pool our contacts in Charlotte or get ready to get tickets an hour before tickets go on sale and BE the concert. If we're going - we need to figure out a way to get in the front 8 rows, Section F2.

Charlotte is a hop skip and a jump for me - I'm there at least once a month on business. Never seen a show at Bobcats and I don't know anyone connected there off the top of my head.....

ToddVol...we'll know soon.

ToddVol
08-13-2007, 02:24 PM
I'm in Charlotte....sorry I thought someone had some scoop...waiting for the dates to roll out....

TVGUY
08-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I'm hoping for Charlotte... Just a couple of hours drive and can crash at my brothers house afterwards... Greensboro Colisuem sucks the new area in Charlotte would rock..

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
DAY DATE CITY VENUE TICKETS VIP
Thu 09.27 Charlotte, NC Charlotte Bobcats Arena ON SALE 08.18 10AM Available
Sat 09.29 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum ON SALE 08.18 10AM Available
Mon 10.01 Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center ON SALE 08.18 12PM Available
Sun 10.07 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre ON SALE 08.18 10AM Available
Wed 10.10 Cleveland, OH Quicken Loans Arena ON SALE TBA TBA

I called the Greensboro Coliseum and found out tickets are: VIP: $125.00, $75.00 and $55.00.

I also called some other people I know. I can't make any promises but I am good friends with someone pretty high up in the administration. I know a few more people too...I wouldn't mind having the option of cruising down to the front of the stage for a bit....and having a press box with strippers and a wet bar and shit...?

Dave kicked ass on that press conference. Fuck it...I blew off work and drove to a friends house and watched it on VH-1. Dave completely sold me on going to see this show! Ed looked, sounded and acted completely stone, cold sober too. Good job Ed!

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM
TVGuy - when was the last show you have seen in GSO? I know GSO used to be not so great but they have built it up quite extensively in the last 10-15 years. The auditorium (the little 4,000 seater they have annexed next to the 26,000 seat fish bowl), in which I have seen many recent shows over the last few years is state-of-the-art and sounds fantastic!

TVGUY
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
It's been a while... I just know that Charlotte arena is only a few years old and should still have that new arena smell to it... At least until Sept 27 comes around. ;)

rustoffa
08-13-2007, 06:19 PM
Count me ahunderd and twenty five dollars poorer!!!

wmba
08-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Hi guys.

I am relatively new here (well.. been lurking for years... but too excited after today to lurk any longer).

I will be going to Charlotte too (assuming I can get tickets).

I can't believe this is finally happening!

Anyway, great to finally be on here, and I hope I haven't already broken some kind of newbie rule!

Cheers!
Bill

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 07:57 PM
I'm flattered to get my first Sticky at the Army!! In Main, no less.

Wow - good vibes, man. But which dingus mod added the phrase "roll call!!!" to the title of my thread....ghey!!!

Nah - if that's what y'all want it to say then I can live with that.

Rustoffa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 I want to party with you, Dude! Name your poison!

rustoffa
08-13-2007, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
I'm flattered to get my first Sticky at the Army!! In Main, no less.

Wow - good vibes, man. But which dingus mod added the phrase "roll call!!!" to the title of my thread....ghey!!!

Nah - if that's what y'all want it to say then I can live with that.

Rustoffa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111 I want to party with you, Dude! Name your poison!

Welp, I just thought that it was fairly slick how you called the Charlotte deal way early, and cited a Cure seating chart. I thought to myself, "self, the ambiguous nature of the thread title ain't that ambiguous anymore, but you need to ghey it up because of the Cure reference!" It's not too often that I agree with myself (Lord knows if had thought to the third-person derivative), so I went with a ghey thread description! Let me tell you, folks seem to love it!:D

As far as the poison goes?

Prepare to abandon ship!!!!
:cool:

Susie Q
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
What's the prices for these VIP tickets...anyone got a clue yet?
Or what about just the welfare tickets? What are those going for?

Just curious if I party with Dom or I party with Milwaukee's Best. :o :p

Susie Q
08-13-2007, 08:45 PM
double post :(

Hyman Roth
08-13-2007, 09:19 PM
LMAO! I plan on sinking the ship and sinking all life rafts with it - check your PM.

Full credit to one of the coolest mallafuckers to ever post poon on the internet, my friend, STROKE, who posts at DDLR for the early heads up on the gig. I need to get up with him for these shows too...

STROKE....where you at, mange?

SusyQ: VIP tix for GSO are $125.00 and I think they go on sale this Wednesday (as in less than 36 hours from now). Not sure about other venues...we have to figure it all out.

mrtgman
08-13-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm there! Anyone meeting up before the show?

Oxford
08-14-2007, 01:52 AM
No questions DAVE is the emcee and he is the one that going to have to prove to the world this will be the greatest show on earth no matter which parts of the USA he is promoting in.It all on Dave shoulders.The bottomline alot of people are married and are going to have to scrounge some money up.He is going to have to bust his ass that this will be an event that will not be something to be missed.

ToddVol
08-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Hey all...hope this works....here is the seating chart for Charlotte right off the Arena website....charlottebobcatsarena.com

Hyman Roth
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
http://e.photos.cx/000-771-7d0.jpg

Go to the link I posted at the top of the page for the official site of the facility. Here is the map and SWEET it looks like Front Row center is only $125.00!! Plexi - I'm gonna call you within the hour.

Susie Q
08-15-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
http://e.photos.cx/000-771-7d0.jpg

Go to the link I posted at the top of the page for the official site of the facility. Here is the map and SWEET it looks like Front Row center is only $125.00!! Plexi - I'm gonna call you within the hour.

$125 is MUCH better than those 'VIP tickets'. More affordable.
I wonder if that is the going price at every arena they are going to play at?

VAiN
08-15-2007, 07:51 PM
I got the 5-star deal, and I can't wait to be there... I agree the price is insane, but I'm about to see Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth on stage together for the first time since 1984... I can' wait to be there for every second of it.
I'm going to Greensboro also - anyone else going? Bring on Sept 27!

Hyman Roth
08-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Congrats VAiN!!! Anything I can do to make your visit to NC more hospitable...just let me know.

I didn't get shit yet...I was way too busy to fuck with it today even if I had decided I wanted to spend 5 hours figuring it all out...but it aint over until the fat....uh....Sammy.....um....cough's blood or somethin'. I will probably still be at Char. or GSO or both...details are still sketchy...

VAiN
08-15-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks Hyman.. I'm pumped!

Any recommendations for hotels that are near both NC venues that aren't too expensive but are reasonably clean? I'll be down for a pre-show get together at Greensboro Hooters across from the venue for sure if you happen to make it!

Hyman Roth
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I'll look into hotels for you tomorrow. I'm about to crash hard. I think Hooters shut down and its about two miles from the venue in GSO anyway....there's a reputable titty bar in walking distance, however :D and a few bars up the street...hotel bar...I can't remember...a Hilton...I'll check it out.

I may have a spare bedroom and a few comfortable couches available also depending on what the lady of the house decides (and I am confident I will sway her...eventually).

hotdog@ a shake
08-18-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by VAiN
I got the 5-star deal, and I can't wait to be there... I agree the price is insane, but I'm about to see Eddie Van Halen and David Lee Roth on stage together for the first time since 1984... I can' wait to be there for every second of it.
I'm going to Greensboro also - anyone else going? Bring on Sept 27!

I'll be at Greensboro bro ...

I, unfortunately, couldn't get the 5 or 4 star deal, so I'll have to settle for regular tickets.

Hyman Roth
08-18-2007, 01:14 AM

Any recommendations for hotels....

Sorry, dude, I got bogged down this week and spent my lunch hours posting videos in HOUSE OF MUSIC instead of reading the threads (I pretty much knew what they said anyway).

I'll try to post some links tomorrow of good hotels (and then some medium ones) that are convenient to the coliseum.

From memory there is only one decent hotel right near the concert hall...I can't remember if its a Marriot or Embassy Suites...something along that line. Heck the band will probably stay there!

The thing is, in that part of Greensboro, its a pretty seedy area (at least by NC standards). There are a lot of "motels" in the area where the crack dealers set up shop for the weekend and if you are bringing your girl or family it might not be best to stay at such places.

Give me another day, VAiN.

Hyman Roth
08-18-2007, 05:38 PM
VAiN: I posted some links to hotels in GSO in this thread, and there are some links to Charlotte hotels as well courtesy of BlueStreak.

http://www.rotharmy.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=48859

topjimmy1984
08-18-2007, 08:31 PM
I called ticketmaster this am, I was hoping for Philly Tix, they do not handle wachovia, so i asked about opening night, I got 4 tickets, section 202, I might sell 2 of them. I am flying in two days early from Boston, I did not want to risk flying in the same day with bad weather, airport delays. Any good hotels near the venue, lets meet at the bar, jack daniels shot on me!!! Bring on the mighty van Halen, 22 years from Worcester Centrum.

DirtyDeeds
08-18-2007, 08:47 PM

Any recommendations for hotels that are near both NC venues that aren't too expensive but are reasonably clean? I'll be down for a pre-show get together at Greensboro Hooters across from the venue for sure if you happen to make it!

There are some hotels I believe by the mall off of High Point Rd. Go from the arena in GSO toward the Hooters down the road, then keep going 1/2 mile and you'll be at the hotels. Also, there may be some cheaper ones on Wendover. From the arena parking lot, just cross over High Point Rd/ Lee St. and continue down Patterson. You will be forced to get onto I-40. Then take the next exit, about a mile away. That's Wendover and it has all kinds of hotels/motels, IHOPs, chain restaurants, and all the typical urban sprawl bullshit, but some clean, affordable rooms at least.

rustoffa
08-18-2007, 11:57 PM
I'm gonna be on the floor.
Literally....somewhere in section 103.

Halleylooya!!!

SparkieD
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by rustoffa
I'm gonna be on the floor.
Literally....somewhere in section 103.

Halleylooya!!!

Tiki and me ain't too far from ya...we're over in 208.

Hyman Roth
08-19-2007, 10:53 AM
Congrats, y'all - I'm still waiting for my miracle to happen. But it will happen. I will get tickets or I will stand by the door outside the arena with my ear to the glass! At least I can smoke cigarettes if that happens. :D

vhfaninsc
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
I got my tickets in 204....

vhfaninsc
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I got my tickets in section 204,
There are still single seats open for the Charlotte show dispite the "sold out" notice.

VAiN
08-20-2007, 10:58 PM
I just got tix for Greensboro.. I'll be in 126, Row NN!

hotdog@ a shake
08-22-2007, 02:20 AM
I'll be at Greensboro, Section 118, Row PP ...

Hyman Roth
08-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

crazylevi
08-23-2007, 09:53 AM
Everyone, I've got 2 tickets for sale for the Charlotte show.

Great seats

Section 115 Row G seats are close to section 114.

I want face + shipping/paypal fees = $310 great deal. Hard tickets

ldnayman@aol.com

rustoffa
09-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Thought this might help!!
:D