X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

US soldiers abused young girl at Iraqi prison

Get the latest stories from ITV News, the UK's largest commercial news organisation, including breaking news on a regional and national level.

US soldiers abused young girl at Iraqi prison'
    7.17PM, Fri May 7 2004

The US military has said it will investigate claims by a former inmate of Abu Ghraib prison that a girl as young as 12 was stripped and beaten by military personnel.

Suhaib al-Baz, a journalist for the al-Jazeera television network, claims to have been tortured at the prison, based west of Baghdad, while held there for 54 days.

Mr al-Baz was arrested when reporting clashes between insurgents and coalition forces in November.

He said: "They brought a 12-year-old girl into our cellblock late at night. Her brother was a prisoner in the other cells.

"She was naked and screaming and calling out to him as they beat her. Her brother was helpless and could only hear her cries. This affected all of us because she was just a child.

The allegations cannot be verified independently but Mr al-Baz maintains psychological and physical violence were commonplace in the jail.

He also claims that a father and his 15-year-old son were tortured in front of his cell.

He said: "They made the son carry two jerry cans full of water. An American soldier had a stick and when he stopped, he would beat him.

"He collapsed so they stripped him and poured cold water over him. They brought a man who was wearing a hood. They pulled it off. The son was shocked to see it was his father and collapsed.

"When he recovered, he now saw his father dressed in women's underwear and the Americans laughing at him.

Mr al-Baz claims the guards at the prison were keen to take photographs of the abuse and turned it into a competition.

"They were enjoying taking photographs of the torture. There was a daily competition to see who could take the most gruesome picture.

"The winner's photo would be stuck on a wall and also put on their laptop computers as a screensaver.

"I had a good opinion of the Americans but since my time in prison, I've changed my mind. In Iraq we still have no freedom or democracy. They are so cruel to us."

The International Committee of the Red Cross has said Iraqis held by US forces have been subjected to systematic degrading treatment, sometimes close to torture, that may have been officially condoned.

The ICRC said visits to detention centres in Iraq between March and November 2003 had turned up violations of international treaties on prisoners of war.

The ICRC, whose reports on prison visits are confidential, went public with some of its findings after parts of the 24-page document were carried by the Wall Street Journal.

The scandal over detainee abuse broke last week with the release of photographs showing the sexual humiliation of Iraqi prisoners in Abu Ghraib.

US Defecse Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has taken responsibility for the incidents and apologised to the victims, the Iraqi people and Americans.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Nice. real fucking nice. This will be the biggest black eye on American History. For shame. Thos epictures were down right disgusting and makes me proud to be Canadian this time around. Not saying that this couldn't have happened with Canadian soldiers. Im just glad Canada said "no thanks" when the American abusers, er Government asked for our help, yet again, in another war of occupation.
    sorry, but I just think that this was the most disgusting display of human abuse Ive ever witnessed. (at least my generation) I mean, we are told that the enemies do this sort of thing. Now we all know better. Its a human thing. Not a colour thing or a nation thing.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Ally_Kat
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

So now a few dictate the behavior of all?
      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
        So now a few dictate the behavior of all?
        Well, how many people in this country have an irrational hatred of Muslims & Arabs because of what 19 assholes supposedly did?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          Well, how many people in this country have an irrational hatred of Muslims & Arabs because of what 19 assholes supposedly did?
          None.
          “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

So 700 hate crimes against Arab Americans within the first 9 weeks after 9-11 was perfectly normal?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
              None.
              Get FUCKED, ASSHOLE!
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                ROTH ARMY ELITE
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                I'd say Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage to name a few! LOL

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

I apologize now if my post was taken as an American bashing. The whole country obviously shouldn't be put under the same microscope as those bastards who committed those hate crimes and unrealistic beatings. Its a world wide problem that the entire world should be trying to figure out how to clean this fucking planet up. The UN is a mess. It hasn't operated the way it was intended to for at least 25 years now. Now the general public will be on it's toes for yet another terrorist attack stemming from those public pictures of abuse. Bin Laden is gonna pay in gold, for the murders of high officials? You guys better have the best men on the job!
                  "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• lucky wilbury

since when is an uncoroberated report from an al jeezra reporter to be taken seriously?

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Well for one, anything out of al-Jazeera is to be taken with a grain of salt.

About the possibility. I'll hold judgement (naturally) until more comes out. If it's true, incredibly shameful. If not (as I suspect), common sense dictates this one.

Now, my thinking on the subject is unchanged. One of the major differences between the United States and many other signatories of the Geneva Conventions is that we actually take them seriously. If any of our soldiers abused prisoners, they will be held accountable. If they were directed to, their superiors will be held accountable. Again, a major difference between us and them (and some of Europe, but naturally not Great Britain, so I'll spare you the auto response Grims).

Now, the "New JFK" is calling for Rumsfeld's resignation. Funny thing is, the Dems have been calling for the entire administrations resignation since 2000. There's an easy answer, win the election (or any major election if you can... but I digress.) If the "New JFK" wins, he gets to appoint Jane Fonda (or whoever he deems fit) as SecDef. It's only 'till November. Keep up the "good" campaigning, you can do it little horse-faced fella!

But when you lose big in November, shut the fuck up and go back to your mansions. Fact is, most Americans don't trust you nimrods with National defense. And all of this grand-standing at any American misgiving is only solidifying this impression. You know what? The elderly are one of the more formitable voting blocks in this country. And 'till now, they've been voting strongly Dem. Well want to hear a secret??? Pretty much ever single WWII vet I've talked to in the last year (and there's been a bunch, believe it or not) are so furious with the Dems that if the poor old folks could still muzzle a rifle, you'd all be fucked! But what they can do is vote. And they remember sacrifice. They remember rationing. They remember 7000 dead G.I.s in a single battle (let alone an entire war!) They also remember a simple little notion that goes something like this "Politics end at the boarder". The Dems don't understand this simple little bit of political etiquette. The Dems don't understand that their obsessive objections only embolden our country's enemy to kill more servicemen and now women. Even when a fucking dictator appointed General from North Vietnam says "Thank you very much for helping us win our war", they still don't get it.

All they see is the reaquisition of power. And I can tell you that the older folks I've talked to are sickened by it, as are a whole bunch of younger folks.

KB, I've predicted a 10 point win for Bush in November, and especially now I stand by that prediction.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

I can't believe you idiots believe this bullshit story...

I love how FORD, who believes absolutly nothing, jumps on this...

Comment

• cwsmith17
                          Sniper
                          • Apr 2004

It never happend! I have proof!

Comment

Working...