$550 for a five star VIP in Charlotte. Fuck that!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrtgman
    Full On Cocktard
    • Mar 2006

$550 for a five star VIP in Charlotte. Fuck that!

What a fucking rip. Seriously who in thier right mind would drop $550 to see a concert? Even the mighty Van Halen. I can easily afford it but no fucking way would I spend that kind of jack on a concert. What a bummer. is this shaping up to be another cash grab? Guess I'll try my luck with ticket bastard or some scumbag scalper.
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

I said in another thread that if I spent that kind of cash on a concert, the band ought to request my autograph.
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• jero
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

I'm sure it's worth the money.

Comment

• chi-town324
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Feb 2007

Its the going rate, but after all this time they should try to do something for the fans....OH wait i forgot this is Van Halen...my bad

Comment

• Ellyllions
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by jero
          I'm sure it's worth the money.
          Well, if you've got that kind of disposable income, you have at it. I don't blame you if that's the case.

But most of us don't and I'll be damned if I'm going to hit a credit card for it.

Nah, even if I did have that much disposable income, that $1,100 would pay for me and hubby to relax for 5 days on a cruise.

It's just more than I'm willing to pay for VIP. I'll be in a regular seat and be just fine.
          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• dlrevh00
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jun 2004

I bought the 5 star in greensboro in 04. It was $350.00 and looking back on it, it was not worth the money. The soundcheck was ok, the backstage tour was not bad. The food you got was pretty decent. But the shirt, hat and laminate were pretty cheesy. All it amounts to is a way to milk more money out of die hard fans.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

I will be just fine with seats anywhere in the building.

No way am I spending that kind of cash to contribute to their grab.

Comment

• knuckleboner
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions
                I said in another thread that if I spent that kind of cash on a concert, the band ought to request my autograph.
                they are requesting your autograph. right there on the sales receipt...

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

kuckleboner, as always....good catch!

Comment

• Little Lamont
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by dlrevh00
                    I bought the 5 star in greensboro in 04. It was $350.00 and looking back on it, it was not worth the money. The soundcheck was ok, the backstage tour was not bad. The food you got was pretty decent. But the shirt, hat and laminate were pretty cheesy. All it amounts to is a way to milk more money out of die hard fans.
                    It was Sammy, man. It wasn't worth ten cents.

Comment

• Bonzo1026
                      Roadie
                      • Feb 2007

5-star for the Philly show is $695. I was actually gonna do it but I just won 3RD FUCKING ROW from a radio station. WMGK!!!!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dlrevh00
                        I bought the 5 star in greensboro in 04.
                        that makes you a complete idiot to 99,9 % of the members here
                        Roth Army Icon
                        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• rwc
                          Groupie
                          • Feb 2004

I think they should call it "The rehab aint cheap tour."

I've already decided, I'm forkin' over the $550. I wanted the wife to attend and some friends as well, but at that price, I'll be going solo. Oh well, I've dropped more on less before, and this is a show that I simply must see. I've never seen Van Halen (and when I say Van Halen I mean DLR on vocals).

I've always thought... One day, Dave will be on stage with Eddie. I will be there, front row.

If they announce more tour dates, and Atlanta is on the list, I'll sit in cheaps, but for opening night... I'm there. Damn the torpedos.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rwc
                            I think they should call it "The rehab aint cheap tour."

I've already decided, I'm forkin' over the $550. I wanted the wife to attend and some friends as well, but at that price, I'll be going solo. Oh well, I've dropped more on less before, and this is a show that I simply must see. I've never seen Van Halen (and when I say Van Halen I mean DLR on vocals).

I've always thought... One day, Dave will be on stage with Eddie. I will be there, front row.

If they announce more tour dates, and Atlanta is on the list, I'll sit in cheaps, but for opening night... I'm there. Damn the torpedos.
                            that's the spirit...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• dlrevh00
                              Full On Cocktard
                              • Jun 2004

believe me , I wasnt there for Sammy. What an embarassment he has become. He was so fat and dressed like a clown. The show was terrible as Ed was blitzed out of his mind. I just went to see what I thought was their last hurrah.

Comment

Working...