X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gunsnmotley
    Groupie
    • Feb 2007

for the people saying this wont last...

think about it. realistically Dave/Eddie WONT see eachother until they hit the stage each night.

when Motley Crue reunited people said the same things. But they all traveled in seperate tour busses and all had seperate hotel rooms.

Van Halen probably have even more money, so i wouldnt be surprised if Van halen travels with their own busses.

van halen been together with roth since october. thats nearly a year. and have been rehearsing for awihle. they obviosly have patched up thus far.

and add in that Dave wants this to last. he even said in the rolling stone interview awhile back he hopes this lasts.

im sure hell do whatever he can to not piss ed off because this is his meal ticket.

just my 2 cents
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I think your're right.

Thing is everyone is judging from what has gone on in the last ten years, which is a lot of shit.

Finally we get to a point where the air is clear and there is unity within the band --- at least that looked like there was at the press conference.

And it seems as though Ed and Al finally realize just how valuable Dave was to VH.

I'm sure they always knew that but were pissed, twenty plus years on because they felt hurt and let down by Dave's departure in '85. In my mind that breakup hurt both sides -- Dave never wanted to leave as he said in his 97 book.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• MUSICMANN
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Dave was on his game at the PC, no two ways about it. I think that Ed and Al finally realizes that he was and still is the voice of the band. The bravado and swagger he showed that came out at the PC is whats been missing from this band since 85.

Ed, AL and now Wolfie should be in pics only and playing on stage. They need to let Dave do all the talking. He is what gave the band the balls they had back then and he will bring that back now in the present.

I honestly can see this incarnation of the band being the final lineup. They don't have to worry about the RRHOF anymore and having to deal with Spammy or MA.

I also believe that Ed and Al also realizes that nobody other than Dave is as passionite about VH as they are. If they come my way, i'll sure be there.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
        Commando
        • Mar 2006

Who knows how long it will last but when you consider the different factors, this lineup, at this point in time, has a better chance of lasting then the original lineup or another round of Van Hagar. This is their best shot to make this work. I don't think that this would be happening at all if it wasn't for Wolfgang.
        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• BruinJer
          Head Fluffer
          • Jan 2004

My spin on this thing is that Dave agreeing to delay the tour and keeping silent during Ed's rehab speaks volumes... Dave said it best, the band IS important to him and his history, Ed & Al have finally realized that. It is a family, they (Al, Ed & Dave) grew up together. Dave bringing up Ed & Al's parents was cool... I'm sure thay have TONS of stories like that. Another thing is that the pressure is on... Mike Anthony not being in the band has put them all under the microscope. I Think Ed has finally accepted Dave for who he is and has let him be the mouthpiece for the band. If there is pressure Dave will do what he does best... grab the ALL of attention and promote promote promote. Could Sammy Hagar do that??? I think not... BOTOOM LINE, Dave IS the face and voice of Van Halem and always will be!
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...r/Chickies.jpg

Comment

• jay_are
            Full On Cocktard
            • Aug 2004

One thing we need to remember is that Ed, Al & Wolfie are all related by blood. Even if they wanted to they can never be without each other. For Dave it's obvious. Keep the relatives happy and then he'll be set for life. Eddie said Dave was his new brother & I knew exactly what he meant.

Me and my uncle (who introduced me to Van Halen back in '78) have the same kind of relationship. Brothers. No matter what we will always stick together.

I'm looking forward to many new albums,cd's or what ever you call it these days to come.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
              I don't think that this would be happening at all if it wasn't for Wolfgang.
              That's what I said yesterday...

I also said it prior to Edward entering rehab...

Wolfgang should have pushed for Michael Anthony to be included though...

He might have had his way...

Just a thought...

Last edited by ELVIS; 08-15-2007, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• crsantin
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BruinJer
                My spin on this thing is that Dave agreeing to delay the tour and keeping silent during Ed's rehab speaks volumes... Dave said it best, the band IS important to him and his history, Ed & Al have finally realized that. It is a family, they (Al, Ed & Dave) grew up together. Dave bringing up Ed & Al's parents was cool... I'm sure thay have TONS of stories like that. Another thing is that the pressure is on... Mike Anthony not being in the band has put them all under the microscope. I Think Ed has finally accepted Dave for who he is and has let him be the mouthpiece for the band. If there is pressure Dave will do what he does best... grab the ALL of attention and promote promote promote. Could Sammy Hagar do that??? I think not... BOTOOM LINE, Dave IS the face and voice of Van Halem and always will be!

Ya, the one thing that stood out for me was the story Dave told about Jan VH, and then said at the end, we miss him a great deal. That one comment said a lot...these guys go way back...unless Dave has his numbers mixed up, when he told that story he said they were only 13 and Al was already driving the van with the equipment to and from the gig. Mom VH had to break up their rehearsal so Ed and Al could go to the gig with Dad. Was Dave playing with these guys when they were that young? It was a great story and provides a real insight into what has gone on between these guys. Welcome home Dave!

Comment

• pjvan
                  Roadie
                  • Dec 2006

Ed and Dave need each other. The Roy thing was never that great, and the gay guy from extreme sucked. Of course Dave could always make money touring every year with his own band, but if they want to matter, they need each other. I'm sure Ed is trying not to piss off Dave just as much as Dave is trying not to piss off Ed.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by pjvan
                    I'm sure Ed is trying not to piss off Dave just as much as Dave is trying not to piss off Ed.
                    No shit. Fuck Eddie. He should be walking on eggshells to not piss Dave off. This is it for the sisters. If they blow this, they're through and they know it. Dave is their only chance at salvation and gaining back any respect from the music community & the fans.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• RoTHSUXFM1059

ROTH ARMY = GAY

O & A

Comment

• puncturebmx

you suck o&a rule chocolate rain!

Comment

• Eddie-Vedder

Freezin', rests his head on a pillow made of concrete, again
                          Oh, feelin' maybe he'll see a little better, set a days, ooh yeah
                          Oh, hand out, faces that he sees time again ain't that familiar,
                          oh yeah
                          Oh, dark grin, he can't help, when he's happy looks insane, oh yeah

Even flow, thoughts arrive like butterflies
                          Oh, he don't know, so he chases them away
                          Someday yet, he'll begin his life again
                          Life again, life again...

Kneelin', looking through the paper though he doesn't know to read, ooh yeah
                          Oh, prayin', now to something that has never showed him anything
                          Oh, feelin', understands the weather of the winters on its way
                          Oh, ceilings, few and far between all the legal halls of shame, yeah

Whispering hands, gently lead him away
                          Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!
                          Woo...ah yeah...fuck it up...

Someday yet, he'll begin his life again, yeah
                          Oh, whispering hands, gently lead him away
                          Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!
                          Woo...uh huh...yeah, yeah, fuck em up again...

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

oh yeah

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Him away, him away...
                          Yeah!

Comment

Working...