X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRK
    Roadie
    • Jan 2004

Press Conference a positive surprise

Going into this thing It could have been a disaster...Just think If this would have went down just last year at this time.....Ed was a mess, Dave just coming off his radio gig.... just to mention a couple of things. To my surprise Dave seemed to have a lot more control of things than I was expecting....He handle most of the questions and I never dreamed the Van Halen brothers would let that go down...Dave and the band really seemed on the same page and that is something new after all these years..They all looked healthy and on top of their game, mentally and physically and thats a change from recent years.
    They all seemed to have buried the hatchet and are trying to make this thing work.

They really seemed as though they are a band again.

This being said, with Van Halen you just never know...This thing could be one ego trip away from ending tomorrow....

I` m probably just a crazy optimist and time will tell...
    I know it can`t be 1984 again but heres to a rock n roll 2007 and beyond ....Van Halen style
  • ROTHisGOD
    Head Fluffer
    • Mar 2004

I'm with you SRK! always optimistic...,I have to be! This is the best news I have had in at least 12 years!

Comment

• SRK
      Roadie
      • Jan 2004

Hey after all these years just that these guys being on the same stage smiling is positive...

Comment

• Hollywood Jesus
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2004

It's obvious Dave was given the reigns on Monday. In '96, he grabbed the reigns while the other three guys rolled their eyes. This time, DLR was the quaterback and that's how it works best. It looked like a team effort. I'm psyched.

Monday couldn't have gone much better. Dave guided the room, stepped in to support Ed and Wolf, and even threw the conversation over to Alex. On top of it all, he gave a nod to father Jan and the family's musical heritage--which Wolf carries on. Man, the entire thing was spectacular.
        "Float like a butterfly. Sting like a B-52." - DLR=VH=
        "Rejoice in the wife of your youth. May her breasts satisfy you always." Proverbs 5:18-19.

Comment

• groetman
          Full On Cocktard
          • Apr 2007

I'll be seeing them in Philly. So they only have to keep from self-destructing for 3 show. Best of luck to everyone at the tail end of the tour.

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by groetman
            I'll be seeing them in Philly. So they only have to keep from self-destructing for 3 show. Best of luck to everyone at the tail end of the tour.
            Yeah, fuck you. I have to wait until the end of November. Oh well, there's always YouTube.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• devildogou812
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Jun 2007

I don't know about all of you but after watching it a couple of times, it seems Ed was kind of uncomfortable with some of Dave's comments. You could just see it in his body language, Al would laugh at most of Dave's comments and Ed would just kind of sit there and look like he wasn't amused. And when Dave mentioned the "white guy" quote, you could see that Ed was thinking "what the fuck is Dave talking about?!" Anyway, just my take on it, other than that I hope this all works out. Not just a tour but a new album next year and another tour in the future. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

Comment

Working...