Obituary: Bassplayer, Mikey, Michael Anthony or whatever...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAX
    Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Obituary: Bassplayer, Mikey, Michael Anthony or whatever...

I've done this for all of you sad little boys and girls. Just hoping we can all both somehow and someway get past this and move forward.

in better days.

A recent pictorial tribute

Here's a chance for everyone to pay their final respects, stroke his wee wee, praise his backing vocals, remember, slobber, nominate him for a good deed or if you know someone applicable for said criteria, nominate him for the prize, eulogize and stick yer collective noses as far up his ass until he whistles "Moon River" ok?

Then let's fucking be done with it cos he has no place regarding the upcoming funtivities!!! Unless you're planning on wrapping extra, EXTRA large beach towels around yer bellies and crooning forgotten love anthems for the rest of your lives?

Here's an online support group if you need it. It's an online forum where many can openly and without humiliation nor harassment, overexaggerate MA's overall importance and shed a tear whilst the rest of the wold either moves on, is unaware of nor cares about the man's non-involvement in the upcoming Van Halen BLOCKBUSTER!!!

Now, we'll all happily provide y'all with as many of these as needed to help through such a crisis...

Seriously, he's OUT and ain't comin' back!!!

Capiche?

Other than that, get it/him/"Mikey" out of yer system. meet us at an upcoming show and SMILE!!!

Deal?
    Last edited by MAX; 08-17-2007, 05:56 AM.
    EAT US AND SMILE!!!!
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Who does Edward look like in that pic, Martin Short ??

I'm tryin to figure it out...

Comment

• binnie
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2006

Scanning the title of this thread very quickly, for a moment I thought that mike Anthony had joined Obituary.

Now that would be fucking weird.
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
        Who does Edward look like in that pic, Martin Short ??

I'm tryin to figure it out...

A cross between Micky Dolenz and Ben Vereen.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Re: Obituary: Bassplayer, Mikey, Michael Anthony or whatever...

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MAX
          [B]I've done this for all of you sad little boys and girls. Just hoping we can all both somehow and someway get past this and move forward.

Mike was better on club boots than on albums (buried in the mix, etc)

I think people are so used to being purists with regard to the mach 2 version that they'll take issue with this without realizing that it's no big deal.

no sense in fixating on something just to get pissed off.
          what were you expecting from these guys?
          Dave was the obvious choice in 96; at this point whatever gets these bastards to make music (real music) gets my vote.

maybe it isn't Van Halen, but it's gotta be better than what's passing for Hard Rock.
          what a lost art form.

Comment

• bantonelli
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Nov 2004

Excellent idea, Max! Let's definitely cut it loose with Bassplayer for now.....after all, he's now a Waborita with "Hotter" concerns these days on marketing himself with SPAM and competing with Tabasco...

Adios!

As Dave said "Meet us in the Future, not the Pasture".....
            "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Excellent thread.

Kudos to MAX.

Goodbye "Mikey".

Rest In Sam's Arse.

=V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• davidbmc
                Full On Cocktard
                • Jan 2004

I'm perfectly fine with the "new" VH. Just ecstatic to have dave out there with Ed.

But just because some of us would prefer MA in the band doesnt mean we are crybabies. I dont blame Mike a bit for pairing up with Sam. They are friends and what has Ed been doing the last decade but sitting in his bedroom playing his guitar.

If this tour had never happened, Mike would still be out playing music and having a good time. And this time next year I would say it is very likely that Ed will be in his room playing his guitar and Mike will be out having fun.

To use an old joke, two cars go by. One contains Michael Anthony, the other EVH. What's the difference?

MA might be on his way to a gig.

Sure it doesnt work right now, but just give it time.

All that said-I'm praying the "new" VH actually does what they say and goes on and on and on..

Comment

• Little Lamont
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2007

Is it just me or does Wolfie kinda look like Mike, only with more bangs?

Comment

• VanHalener
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I think the obit is a little late. Judging by the size of the Wolf Man I think he might have eaten Bass Player for a snack some time ago. Spam got a look-alike for his clown parade.
                    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

We here at the Army all are VH purists, we all wanted a full blown tour with all four origional members. That being said though, it is what it is and when you really and truthfully look at the situation, does anyone really want the MA of present back in the band. From his loyalty to Spammy since from around the end of the balance tour up until now, i would say he's not the same guy that had VH in his best interest as he use to.

Alot of people can say Ed has treated him like shit for yrs, and that may be true, but if the guy was not contributing any imput into the band other than backup vocals, and riding the gravy train, what can you say to that.

The magic of VH has always been Dave and Ed and then Ed and AL. Ed has said many times, he only listens to Dave and Al in the monitors and never MA.

MA was really good in the band when he truly cared for the legacy of VH, we can all see at this moment that's not the case anymore.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

Here is a whole lot of suck.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Little over the top on this one, dontcha think MAX?

Most of the MA backlash going on here was based on the removal of his pic from VH1 and WACF on the official website.

Sure...there were still folks holding on to "Mikey memories" and longing for him to perform, but the vast majority gave that up some time ago.

But the website debacle stirred up the shit again, as it should have.

Kicking him out of the band is one thing. It's the VH boys candy store and they can do what they want.

But deliberately altering history like they did was nothing short of incredibly petty and pointless.

That action did nothing except piss off VH fans who were already very wary of ever "loving" again. Just when the hardcore CVH fans were ready to give themselves over to Ed and Alex again because Dave was back, the brothers go and do something else to alienate them.

But...it's fixed now so it's over.

DAVE, ED, AL, WOLFGANG....go kick some ass!
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• VanHalener
                            ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                            Here is a whole lot of suck.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6HkojKnuecw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

That sucked so much I don't have to vacuum the house now.
                            ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• Figs
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jun 2004

Mike, good night funny man, good night.....hopefully you will rise again like Jeebus and join the band.....but until then good night.

Comment

Working...