X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctor roth
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2005

What the hell ????

Hey guys, Got a weird problem with a guitar of mine that seems to keep killing volume pots.

Its an Ibanez prestige RG2610E. After a while playing the guitar i noticed the volume knob was getting harder and harder to turn, and eventually died. So i replaced the pot with a volume one out of another RG.
    This was fine for a while but last night when jamming away with the guys, half way through the session the volume would not go down. The volume pot is turning OK but the volume just wont adjust.

Anyone got any ideas. Im a little stumped. FYI the pickup is a Seymour Duncan TB-10. Only has a volume control and a bridge pickup.....
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Guitars should always be turned up to 11 anyway...

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

There are some absolutely horrible potentionmeters on the market today since the industrialized world farmed the manufacture of such parts to the third world sweat shops.

Buy the best pots you can. Switchcraft or Dimarzio used to sell good ones. It also doesn't hurt to squirt in some tuner cleaner in your guitar and amp pots to keep them clean and lubricated.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Working...