PDA

View Full Version : 3 worst guitarists of all time

sadaist
08-19-2007, 05:25 PM
Who do you think are the luckiest guitar hacks in the world?

C.C. DeVille
Eddie Ojeda
Carlos Cavazo

DeadMan1984
08-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Kirk Hammett (although I love Metallica, but jeez)
Kerry King
CC Deville

I really wanted to put Bruce Kulick on this list after viewing the Crazy Nights tour stuff on KISSology 2, but I think after watching the H.I.T.S. era he was ok.

FORD
08-19-2007, 05:51 PM
CC DeVille
Carlos Cavazo (how the FUCK did that loser ever get Randy Rhoads' job??)
Vic the Busboy (from Hagar's Velveetareetas)

Little Lamont
08-19-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't think any of the guys listed here so far would qualify as the worst in the world. After all, they are good enough to make a living at it.

The 3 worst for real? Let's see...
My uncle Ernest is pretty bad. My buddy Larry sucks too. And if I'm honest, I ain't much to write home about either.

Terry
08-19-2007, 09:30 PM
See, the thing with those guys (even C.C.) is that they all came up with tunes that are memorable - even if only in a cringeworthy way in some instances - and memorable tunes, to me, kinda trump superior musicianship if it's an either / or case...

The mark of true greatness with guitarists is when they can fuse both of those components together (CVH, Led Zep, Hendrix, Rush, etc.) -

Kulick had a degree of technical ability, but the songs he co-authored during his stint in KISS were forgettable...and y'all know you were pumping your adolescent fists in the air when QR blazed out with their Cum On Feel The Noize remake back in the day (and Cavazo's solo did an excellent job of fitting the song - doesn't have to astound to get the job done).

Jérôme Frenchise
08-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Among the world-famous, the "one-riff" guitarist in Duran Duran is the first one I think of. I mean, maybe he isn't bad, but he's always got on my nerves because it seems it's always the same sequences he does from song to song.

Then... I dunno. I guess there are a lot.

Mr Badguy
08-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Shit, everyone`s got something to offer.

If I had to list some that I don`t like their style then:

Zakk Wylde (Horrible sound and too much pinched harmonics)
Janick Gers (Good writer but crap soloist IMO)
Kelly Gray (What were Queensryche thinking?)

That`s not to say they are bad players but they ain`t my cup of tea.

ELVIS
08-20-2007, 08:36 AM
Neal Young is pretty bad...

BTW, who is Eddie Ojeda ??

:elvis:

FORD
08-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS

One of those Twisted Sister fags.

Watch this with a barf bag nearby. I know Paul McCartney did......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFsQdrepGAc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WFsQdrepGAc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ELVIS
08-20-2007, 10:45 AM
The vocals were the worst part of that!

And to think he was an ok vocalist at one time...:rolleyes:

Mr. Ojeda is not as nearly as bad as say, CC Deville...

Little Lamont
08-20-2007, 11:07 AM
What is it about CC that you all don't like? I'm not much of a technical judge, but he sounds okay to me. What is it that makes him suck?

ELVIS
08-20-2007, 11:15 AM
He just can't play guitar...

FORD
08-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
What is it about CC that you all don't like? I'm not much of a technical judge, but he sounds okay to me. What is it that makes him suck?

Exhibit A....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QDJnPWWD3rY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QDJnPWWD3rY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

That one got him fired...... too bad it wasn't permanently.

lonnieg5
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
That pink hair probably didn't help either.

I've been playing for many years and to my ears CC's fast runs don't sound like any kind of scale at all. It's like he's just playing anything and letting the distortion cover it up.

Don Corleone
08-20-2007, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
Zakk Wylde (Horrible sound and too much pinched harmonics)
Janick Gers (Good writer but crap soloist IMO)

I fully agree with these 2. The 3rd I'd add is Kirk Hammett - who's already been mentioned - never has one man solo'd so much using a Wah Wah.

Steve Savicki
08-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Gentlemen,

The question is easily answered by finding 3 albums, cassettes, 8-tracks, or otherwise that are now deleted and either in the budget bin or Goodwill/charity store whose names aren't even mentioned in the credits... if there are any credits mentioned in the first place LOL!

Steve Savicki
08-20-2007, 05:59 PM
The artists you've all mentioned above are at least good enough to be remembered so more power to them.

Actually, perhaps the worst guitarists are the ones who don't get a record deal... or... simply can't play a guitar.

LMAO!

Have a nice evening! :p

Nitro Express
08-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
I don't think any of the guys listed here so far would qualify as the worst in the world. After all, they are good enough to make a living at it.

The 3 worst for real? Let's see...
My uncle Ernest is pretty bad. My buddy Larry sucks too. And if I'm honest, I ain't much to write home about either.

The guys on our local access channel suck pretty good as well.

sadaist
08-20-2007, 06:45 PM
To you guys saying that these guys are famous and have a catchy tune or two, so they can't be the worst ever...you're missing the point. It's similar to People magazines 50 most beautiful people. Drew Barrymore #1, yet I can go to the beach or any college campus and find 100 girls that put Drew to shame. This thread is about the worst guitarists that made it, became famous, etc....

Just as many select EVH as the best ever, I'm sure there is some classical guitar player in Italy or somewhere that could run rings around him.

It's the worst of the famous. Have fun with it. It's supposed to keep us busy until VH comes to town.

And CC DeVille still sucks.

Va Beach VH Fan
08-20-2007, 06:52 PM
I'm gonna piss some people off, but fuck it...

Keith Richards
Ron Wood
Bruce Springsteen

Combat Ready
08-20-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Exhibit A....

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QDJnPWWD3rY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QDJnPWWD3rY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Can't get any worse than that.....Damn, that was real bad. The whole band sucks. Just like they did when opening for Dave on the Skyscraper tour out west, a few years back.

Steve Savicki
08-20-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
Eddie Ojeda
So does this mean Jay Jay French was the better Sister axeman?

Unchainme
08-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Keith Richards
Ron Wood
Bruce Springsteen

Not Ford...:)

sadaist
08-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
So does this mean Jay Jay French was the better Sister axeman?

Lol. I just remember Ojeda doing a part of the solo for that Hear N' Aid song called Stars. What crap.

Diamondjimi
08-21-2007, 01:23 AM
Lol. I just remember Ojeda doing a part of the solo for that Hear N' Aid song called Stars. What crap.

Ah dude ,it was just pathetic.

What a waste of tape...

Redballjets88
08-21-2007, 01:52 AM
Jimmy Page.

he barely even wrote anything on their 1st album. and stole stairway.

binnie
08-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Redballjets88
Jimmy Page.

Dude.

I can understand you thinking he's overrated, but the worst of all time?

binnie
08-21-2007, 02:56 AM
CC Deville (as soon as I saw the title of this thread his name popped into my head)

Richie Sambora.

Janick Gers - I agree with Mr. Badguy about his soloing, and I find his stage antics a little embarrasing: some people can pull off being an old rocker, he can't...

Rat Salade
08-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Tony Rombola - Guitar Player for Godsmack - if all you do is drop-D, plug up to a fuzzbox and play 3 chords, i don't got time for you. Not to mention every one of your piles of vomit sound like the same old regergitated sack of rabid assholes as the one before it.

CC Deville - you know why.

Zakk Wylde - give the pentatonics a rest man, one-dimensional guitar playing isn't guitar playing. you pegged one style, GO YOU!

PlexiBrown
08-21-2007, 03:12 AM
Neil Young
Kirk Hammett
Zakk Wylde

sadaist
08-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Poor CC. Seems like everyone dislikes this guy. LOL! A little surprised no one has mentioned Mick Mars. Worst? Probably not...but definitely the ugliest motherfucker to hold an axe. Maybe that should be another thread.

binnie
08-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Poor CC. Seems like everyone dislikes this guy. LOL! A little surprised no one has mentioned Mick Mars. Worst? Probably not...but definitely the ugliest motherfucker to hold an axe. Maybe that should be another thread.

Mick Mars is unique, I think he needs more props for that. Ok, so he doesn't write the best solo's in the world (although there are far worse) but his style suits the Crue. His tone is perfect for that band - dirty, dry, abrasive and mean.

For my ears, it gave that band more of a gritty back bone than a lot of the other hair bands.

ODShowtime
08-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Jimmy Page.

Another moronic statement from redballs

Jimmy Page is the Worst Guitarist ever? Pull your head out of your ass!

I don't know. I think Mick Mars is pretty shitty. But he's so ugly that his cryptkeeper face eclipses his music.

Pretty much anyone playing emo qualifies as a shitty guitarist.

Steve Savicki
08-21-2007, 07:26 AM
A little surprised no one has mentioned Mick Mars. Worst? Probably not...but definitely the ugliest motherfucker to hold an axe. Maybe that should be another thread.
Can that guy even stand up and even play a guitar anymore?

binnie
08-21-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Can that guy even stand up and even play a guitar anymore?

Barely. He is very, very ill.

Still played like a motherfucker when I saw Crue though - didn't move much, but his playing hadn't deteriorated much.

katie
08-21-2007, 11:01 AM
Jimmy Page.

http://www.etontshirt.co.uk/designs/LC23.gif

cMb
08-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Kirk Hammet?
Zakk Wylde?

Worst of all time?

Wow.... Just,... wow...

BALLYJUNKIE
08-22-2007, 05:33 AM
FUCK IT!! ALL OF POISON SUCKED ...... C.C. ..... RIKKI (FAG ) ROCKKET COULD BARELY PLAY .... THEY ARE EVENLY SHITTY ...... AS FAR AS MICK MARS .... HE DID IMPROVE OVER TIME BUT MOTLEY CRUE'"S 1st ALBUM "TOO FAST FOR LOVE " GUITAR TONE SUCKED AND MICKS SOLO SUCK HIS TONE WAS VERY THIN AND TINTY ................. HEY CAN WE COUNT " SINGERS " WHO TRY AND PLAY GUITAR? .... THEN YOUVE GOT TO COUNT VINCE NIEL .... PLAYS A LITTLE BUT BARELY ...... BRET MICHAELS ...... STRUMMS A CHORD ....BARELY ......JON BON JOVI .... RATHER WEAR HIS COWBOY HAT THAN PLAY WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE ........... OF COURSE ,I WONT SAY DIAMOND DAVE ....'" I JUST WISH DAVE WOULD PLAY MORE GUITAR ..... HES GOT SOME SKILLS ..........THE END

rotharmysucks
08-22-2007, 08:35 AM
fuc kf cukf cuk :D :D :D

ppg960
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Jimmy Page.

Your either deaf of smoking crack.

Shaun Ponsonby
08-22-2007, 03:26 PM
CC DeVille
All of Mc("how dare they try to be The Who, Queen and Thin Lizzy")Fly

And...if we're talking in their current guise...Michael Schenker

Shaun Ponsonby
08-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ppg960
Your either deaf of smoking crack.

Page is at least criminally overrated.

I've never been remotley impressed by his playing.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

Keith Richards
Ron Wood
Bruce Springsteen

Not me!

You took a few of my choices. These are my new ones..
Kurt Cobain
John Lennon
Paul Stanley

GO-SPURS-GO
08-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Mick Mars is unique, I think he needs more props for that. Ok, so he doesn't write the best solo's in the world (although there are far worse) but his style suits the Crue. His tone is perfect for that band - dirty, dry, abrasive and mean.

For my ears, it gave that band more of a gritty back bone than a lot of the other hair bands.

This post is dead on! I think he wrote some killer rock riffs. "Bastard" makes me want to play chicken with a train.

Viking
08-22-2007, 08:35 PM
Neil Young is proof that some songwriters shouldn't be performing their own material. The ol' 'Don Imus has a face made for radio' deal. :D

binnie
08-23-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
This post is dead on! I think he wrote some killer rock riffs. "Bastard" makes me want to play chicken with a train.

Why thank you Sir.

"Kickstart My heat", "Dr. Feelgood", "Wild Side", "Live Wire" - all great riffs....

Mr Badguy
08-23-2007, 07:16 AM
Why thank you Sir.

"Kickstart My heat", "Dr. Feelgood", "Wild Side", "Live Wire" - all great riffs....

I`ll throw "Too fast for love" and "Piece of your action" in there as well.

ELVIS
08-23-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
This post is dead on! I think he wrote some killer rock riffs.

That's true...

I didn't like him back in the day, but I liked a few songs, only from the first two albums...

But Mick is the biggest part of the sound and without him Motley would of sucked!

But I appreciate him now, he was better than I gave him credit...

Even some of his solos are good and fit the song perfectly...

Very memorable...

Coyote
08-23-2007, 12:07 PM
Kirk Hammett
Kirk Hammett
Kirk Hammett

GO-SPURS-GO
08-23-2007, 02:32 PM

I didn't like him back in the day, but I liked a few songs, only from the first two albums...

After CVH broke up, I needed another band to follow. CVH got me spoiled with the big sound and production and The Crue did it for me. I’m a visual guy that’s why CVH, KISS and Motley Crue are in my favorite band category. Every time I saw these bands live I knew I got my monies worth. After the Drugs and Alcohol started to take over, the next 2 albums weren’t that powerful. “Theater of Pain” and “Girls, Girls, Girls” had some good moments. I liked “Use It or Lose It” and “All in The Name of Rock & Roll” to name a few.

But Mick is the biggest part of the sound and without him Motley would of sucked!

No arguments here!

But I appreciate him now, he was better than I gave him credit...
Even some of his solos are good and fit the song perfectly...
Very memorable...

Considering all the crap that came from Hollyweird at that time, I thought they served a purpose. His solos weren’t the most technical, but they were effective. The simple catchy riffs like “Too Young to Fall in Love” and “Knock Em Dead Kid” is what got me.

delta5150
08-23-2007, 04:15 PM
1) Ace Frehley
2) John McEnroe
3) Jon Bon Jovi with a guitar!

Reverberator
08-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Jimmy Page ????

Richie Sambora ?????

Some of you obviously don't play .

Fack orf.

ODShowtime
08-23-2007, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by delta5150
[B]1) Ace Frehley

I think that Kiss Alive argues against this selection as worst ever.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by ODShowtime

The intro to Deuce is one of my all time favorite guitar riffs.:cool:

FORD
08-23-2007, 11:43 PM

With Ace, it probably depends on which bootleg you're listening to.

Same with Jimmy Page or Keith Richards, for that matter.

Redballjets88
08-23-2007, 11:54 PM
Another moronic statement from redballs

Jimmy Page is the Worst Guitarist ever? Pull your head out of your ass!

I don't know. I think Mick Mars is pretty shitty. But he's so ugly that his cryptkeeper face eclipses his music.

Pretty much anyone playing emo qualifies as a shitty guitarist.

ok he is decent. but lame as fuck.

cadaverdog
08-24-2007, 12:58 AM
Jimmy Page.

You got to be joking , son. Jimmy fucking Page is a guitar god.
If you listen to the shit they called rock and roll when the Zeppelin was first launched you would quickly change your mind .Listen to the solo at the end of the live version of Dazed and confused .Jimmy was an inovater not an imatater .He was the best of his era by far . His live play could almost never stand up to his studio work because his riffs were so complex .The guys in the band seemed to prefer the oddball tunes and adding strange noises but when they played the straight up rock and roll they were the shit. Metallica ripped off achilles last stand for master of puppets and Heart only changed the lyrics for baracuda from the same song .Prescence was the first metal album .He might not play as fast as EVH but that was not his thing .He took from the blues for his rock .

cadaverdog
08-24-2007, 01:05 AM

You do know that kiss alive was a fake , don't you It was a studio album with applause added .They recorded a few nights at MSG but couldn't master it into a live album. I heard Gene Simmons admit it on some radio program like rockline.

col5150
08-24-2007, 07:13 AM
CC Deville (as soon as I saw the title of this thread his name popped into my head)

Richie Sambora.

Janick Gers - I agree with Mr. Badguy about his soloing, and I find his stage antics a little embarrasing: some people can pull off being an old rocker, he can't...

i gotta disagree with you on richie sambora. dont get me wrong i hate bon jovi and sambora is pompas ass hole but his ability is pretty good.

if im pickin three and i play myself id have to say

# 1 riff santana
# eddie van halen ala 2004
# Zack Wiesingern (this is the guy supporting steve vai this tour round, he does a poor blues guitarist impression and absoluteluly stinks. Check him on you tube)

GO-SPURS-GO
08-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by col5150
santana

I forgot about him. Great choice!

binnie
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by col5150
i gotta disagree with you on richie sambora. dont get me wrong i hate bon jovi and sambora is pompas ass hole but his ability is pretty good.

I don't play, so I'm not qualified to judge ability. My criteria is memorability, and I can honestly say that I find most of Sambora's playing completely absent in that regard. To my ears, he has no killer riffs, and no killer solos.

DrMaddVibe
08-24-2007, 07:46 AM
Bob Dylan

Jerry Garcia

Bruce Springsteen

3 of the biggest steaming piles of shit that ever strapped a guitar around themselves.

Hardrock69
08-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Three worst guitarists of all time????

1. Neil Young
2. Neil Young
3. Neil Young

ALMOSTsaved
08-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by DrMaddVibe
Bob Dylan

Jerry Garcia

Bruce Springsteen

3 of the biggest steaming piles of shit that ever strapped a guitar around themselves.

Fucking RIGHT on! Add Santana to that list and it's perfect. :D

Jimmy Jingles
08-24-2007, 01:35 PM
That "Edge" fucker from U2.

dcmf
08-24-2007, 01:41 PM
3 worst:

CC Deville (saw his 10 minute feedback solo on the Just Like Paradise tour--gross)

Mick Mars (suckfest)

Steven Seagall (WOW, a new level of guitar suck, but he can kick YOUR ass)

Reverberator
08-24-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't play, so I'm not qualified to judge ability. My criteria is memorability, and I can honestly say that I find most of Sambora's playing completely absent in that regard. To my ears, he has no killer riffs, and no killer solos.

Well shut the fuck up then .

GO-SPURS-GO
08-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't play, so I'm not qualified to judge ability.

Yes you do. As a musician myself, I’d rather have you critique my music than some egotistical musician who might have their own agenda. I’d much rather impress a non-musician like you, than a hotshot musician who thinks he knows it all.

ODShowtime
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
With Ace, it probably depends on which bootleg you're listening to.

Same with Jimmy Page or Keith Richards, for that matter.

I've never heard Keith play poorly, although I will admit the first chord I ever personally heard live from him was wrong when they opened with Brown Sugar in Philly on the Licks tour.

Page, I've heard shows from him when he really was the worst guitarist ever.

Ace; I've never heard a Kiss boot that comes close to Alive in terms of the quality of the paying, but however that album was made it's genius.

Parasite and She are such a devastating combo. I just love playing along with those two. I always feel like a badass when I'm busting out those solos, which are easy to hit note for note.

ODShowtime
08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Page is at least criminally overrated.

I've never been remotley impressed by his playing.

When you get a chance listen to the song "The Song Remains the Same"

Especially the live version that is played almost 100% on the 12 strong.

Genius.

ODShowtime
08-24-2007, 06:54 PM
ok he is decent. but lame as fuck.

Did you watch an Outrider video or what?

He used to take great lengths to limit their visual exposure, and that's probably a reason why.

ODShowtime
08-24-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by cadaverdog
You do know that kiss alive was a fake , don't you It was a studio album with applause added .They recorded a few nights at MSG but couldn't master it into a live album. I heard Gene Simmons admit it on some radio program like rockline.

I'm sorry I'm hitting this thread so hard right now, but there's so much to discuss.

I don't care about how it was recorded. But I don't understand why this album sounds so huge and well produced and their studio albums sound like they were recorded in a closet.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-24-2007, 06:59 PM
played almost 100% on the 12 strong.

12 strong? Is that a new OD original chord position? Just playing with ya OD. Are you still mad at me?:(

Redballjets88
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Did you watch an Outrider video or what?

He used to take great lengths to limit their visual exposure, and that's probably a reason why.

im just sayin that he is vastly overrated. a bow used on a guitar sounds like shit, but people love that for no reason, and led zepplin stole songs to become popular.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-24-2007, 08:17 PM
Definitely not this cat! Check this out.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ9jrBg4Lwc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pZ9jrBg4Lwc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

ODShowtime
08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
im just sayin that he is vastly overrated. a bow used on a guitar sounds like shit, but people love that for no reason, and led zepplin stole songs to become popular.

Hey I'm not denying some of your facts. He definitely took some liberties in the early days. But everyone nicks a little bit. And Page's later compositions secured his place in history. So did his blistering live playing in the early days.

I also agree the bow solos could get pretty weird once they stretched out to 15 minutes or more.

GO-SPURS-GO
08-24-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm sorry GO-SPURS-GO.

I'm sorry too OD.:bottle: I’ll be the one on the right, because I’m a lightweight.:cool:

cadaverdog
08-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Hey I'm not denying some of your facts. He definitely took some liberties in the early days. But everyone nicks a little bit. And Page's later compositions secured his place in history. So did his blistering live playing in the early days.

I also agree the bow solos could get pretty weird once they stretched out to 15 minutes or more.

Jimmys studio work was great ,but alot of remastering was needed to clean up his live work.
His performance at live aid and atlantics 40th birthday shows are evidence .
Maybe he had stage fright ,he seems to be looking anywhere but towards the crowd .
Chances are he just did too much heroin on tour.
but

cadaverdog
08-25-2007, 02:06 AM
OOPS Ilft my but hanging out.

Mr Badguy
08-25-2007, 06:53 AM
Why has noone mentioned The Edge?

Take away his delay pedal and he`d have fuck all left.

Mr Badguy
08-25-2007, 06:56 AM
I don't play, so I'm not qualified to judge ability.

I`m no chef but I can tell when someone can fry an egg properly.

You don`t have to be a musician to judge a musician.

Reverberator
08-25-2007, 07:10 AM
I`m no chef but I can tell when someone can fry an egg properly.

You don`t have to be a musician to judge a musician.

Musically your'e right but without understanding the technical ability of a guitarist how can you judge that player?

The thread title was probably the wrong way to put it methinks.

Wawazat
08-25-2007, 07:58 AM
That oasis guy whatever the name.

On his own, makes up for 3.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
"I'm over it now, and I can see how hard he tries to do what he does. I mean I think he makes good use of what talent he has." - Dave Mustaine on Kirk Hammett

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-25-2007, 08:12 AM
And speaking of bows on guitars, the dudes from Sigur Rós and all post-rock guitarists for that matter.

tajmahal
08-25-2007, 08:38 AM
CC Deville - I remember him getting fired when he completely changed songs during the middle of the performance and Brett Michaels was what the f.... I need to find the video

Vinnie Vincent - This was the guitarist that was part of Kiss for one album. I don't know if this is the correct name.

MERRYKISSMASS2U
08-25-2007, 08:44 AM
He was a member of KISS for two albums.

Dave's Bitch
08-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by dcmf

Mick Mars (suckfest)

Whats so bad about mick mars?,As a guitarist myself i have always found him more than adequate.His riffs are good as are his solo's.He certainly is not in the same class as say Eddie Van Halen but he is at a minimum passable.

It is pretty hard to think of just 3,but the worst in my opinion

Kerry King - He really just does not do it for me.uninspired solo's,Generic riffs.Really i find it hard to listen to him

Neil Young - As a songwriter he is very good,As a guitarist he is terribly overrated, findhis guitar solos an experience of overused feedback and few memorable riffs.

Tom Morello - Heard a fair few Rage and Audioslave songs,The noises that come off his guitar are some of the worst sounds I've heard.He has been given alot of credit for being able to make strange and unusual sounds with his guitar,To me that say's he is just good at fiddling with knobs and switches on effects pedals

Jimmy Jingles
08-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Why has noone mentioned The Edge?

Take away his delay pedal and he`d have fuck all left.

see my post above

That "Edge" fucker from U2.

binnie
08-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Dave's Bitch

Tom Morello - Heard a fair few Rage and Audioslave songs,The noises that come off his guitar are some of the worst sounds I've heard.He has been given alot of credit for being able to make strange and unusual sounds with his guitar,To me that say's he is just good at fiddling with knobs and switches on effects pedals

I agree entirely with regard to his solo's - some of them sound terrible and out of place, even more so in Audioslave: middleoftheroad rock song and then WAH-SQUEELE-WAH-QUASHHHH...

And despite Rage being an outstanding band, Tom has only ever been able to do one thing.

But he's written some immense riffs over the years, I'd have to give him that.

Mr Badguy
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
see my post above

DOH!

You`re right, that "The Edge" fucker sucks.

vh rides again
09-02-2007, 01:57 PM
the ramones have the 3 worst guitarists ever. and they would admit it.

FORD
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
the ramones have the 3 worst guitarists ever. and they would admit it.

Yeah, apparently 2 of them were so bad, they didn't even exist. :confused:

For that matter, I wouldn't say Johnny Ramone sucked. He played exactly what he wanted to play, as did the rest of the band, and that was the whole point.

He didn't want to compare with Jimmy Page, or Eric Clapton, or David Gilmour or whoever was around at that time making songs with 10 minute solos.

The whole point was to return rock n roll to its roots (except maybe a little louder than before) and in that respect, The Ramones succeeded.

And as for The Edge, there have been just as many guitarists trying to play like him as there have trying to play like Ed Van Halen the last 25 years. Guess they didn't know he "sucked"?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8SPeR60lRI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P8SPeR60lRI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Loons The Great
09-02-2007, 03:57 PM
1. SAMMY HAGAR
2. VIC JOHNSON
3. SAMBO HAGGAR

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Neal Young is pretty bad...

Neil Young is FUCKING brilliant. Listen to the solo in "Like A Hurricane": awesome stuff, even though it was hardly "tecvhnically proficient".

And his acoustic parts carry the songs as they're meant to. Listen to "Rust Never Sleeps" sometime: it's got some of the gentlest folk and THE harshest rock ever committed, and it's all on one record.

EAT MY ASSHOLE
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
My criteria for worst...it's a bad question, b/c how do you say who the worst vocalist in rock is? Tom Waits would qualify from...you know, your mom's point of view, but for what his voice ADDS to the song, there's no one like him. Rock SHOULDN'T be too technically proficient, otherwise it's boring. Satriani, for example, is ten times more techically proficient than Hendrix, but the fucking guy bores the shit out of me. Rock should be about feel and emotion, and for that, the most adept guitarists in the world are the likes of Keith Richards, Johnny Ramone, Angus Young, etc.

binnie
09-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah, apparently 2 of them were so bad, they didn't even exist. :confused:

For that matter, I wouldn't say Johnny Ramone sucked. He played exactly what he wanted to play, as did the rest of the band, and that was the whole point.

He didn't want to compare with Jimmy Page, or Eric Clapton, or David Gilmour or whoever was around at that time making songs with 10 minute solos.

The whole point was to return rock n roll to its roots (except maybe a little louder than before) and in that respect, The Ramones succeeded.

And Johnny Ramone spawned 10,000 + copy-artists!

Almost every punk guitarist since has ripped him off, that buzz-aw sound has become part of the musical landscape.

GO-SPURS-GO
09-03-2007, 03:55 AM
These guys.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8aYjyODgpY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8aYjyODgpY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WACXdnEBiLo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WACXdnEBiLo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTU6vGogJGk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eTU6vGogJGk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Mr Badguy
09-03-2007, 08:21 AM
And as for The Edge, there have been just as many guitarists trying to play like him as there have trying to play like Ed Van Halen the last 25 years. Guess they didn't know he "sucked"?

Yup.

It`s a damn shame.

:D

DeadOrAlive
09-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Exhibit A....

Atleast Bret Michaels wasn't too bad of a frontman... How embarrasing it must be to have CC in your band at the time though.

Jack68
09-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Andy Summers..thats 3 times

FORD
09-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Jack68
Andy Summers..thats 3 times

No question he's the weak link in The Police. I never hated the guy, but never thought he was anything special either.