Is Van Halen sitting on their new Album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romeo Delight
    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Is Van Halen sitting on their new Album?

Now, we have all scoffed at Ed's claim that they have 10 album's worth of material, but we do know that they have at least 6 songs in the can with Roth.

Maybe, just maybe they are actually doing this the right way:

Touring to demonstrate to Warner Bros. or whoever that they are a legitimate force and secure a new multi-album deal.

At the very least, said new tunes will be the better for it if they are able to actually gel as a band and get along.
    sigpicRoth Army Canada
  • Carmine
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

I thought the same.

Perhaps they drop one or two "new tunes" on this tour to hype it even further?

Comment

• Hyman Roth
      Veteran
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Carmine
      I thought the same.

Perhaps they drop one or two "new tunes" on this tour to hype it even further?
      I sure hope so!!

Does it make more sense in this day and age to forgo the record company altogether? Seems to me a new Van Halen CD is going to sell like gangbusters whether its backed by Warner, backed by a record label the band forms or sold over the internet on the official site a la Yes and Little Feat.

It seems like the advantage to having major label backing is (1) advance funds needed to record, etc.; and, (2) advertisement. Neither of which are needed by the mighty Van Halen.

Last edited by Hyman Roth; 08-24-2007, 06:47 AM.
      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• frankfasteddie
        Roadie
        • Dec 2005

I'd settle to see them play the whole tour first looolllll Maybe toss in CGTSNM and MWM......but can't argue that a new album wouldn't kick ass....I'm sure they can put one together rather quickly.
        Are you Mr. Roth? I said yes I am. She said well Mr. Roth I can't serve you anymore because I think your drunk and if I was you girlfriend I'd put poison in your drink! And I looked in the bottle and I said why you old witch if I was your boyfriend I'd fucking well drink it too!!!!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

wooden tit b nice!
          http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
          http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• UKPete
            Full On Cocktard
            • Jan 2007

I agree with Hyman that they don't need major backing. Money is made from tours and merchandising these days as album sales have fallen through the floor thanks to the internet. If nothing sees the light of day then we can assume that this tour is just a major cash grab.

A new album would at prove they are serious about this being a long term project.

Why risk their legacy putting out shit just for a few million bucks that they could make in a 2 or 3 gigs anyway?.

Comment

• ROTHisGOD
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2004

They are still without a label,aren't they????

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Not for long
                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• rocknrolldork
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jun 2004

I too doubt they would need a major to back a new album. Major labels suck anyway. They can release it and put it in stores and on the web themselves and make more money. If people just stream a song off iTunes or CDbaby the artist will get $.01. Those pennies add up quick too.

Then again, AC/DC is probably doing it the right way. They haven't released anything on iTunes yet and their discs still sell.

Comment

• chi-town324
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Feb 2007

they can get by this time without a new album just because we havent seen Dave with them in so long...but for another tour they would need a new album...

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I've speculated about this very theory in a few threads already. If they no longer have a deal with WB, at least as far as new material goes, then a working band proving themselves on the road with a sold out tour is probably going to get them a better bargaining position than the typical 80's band reuniting and signing a shit deal with Sanctuary or some other label like that.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
                        Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                        I've speculated about this very theory in a few threads already. If they no longer have a deal with WB, at least as far as new material goes, then a working band proving themselves on the road with a sold out tour is probably going to get them a better bargaining position than the typical 80's band reuniting and signing a shit deal with Sanctuary or some other label like that.
                        yeah and if they were talk to Warner the negotiations would be tough because Van Halen isn't a bunch of kids in 78 anymore ...except wolf.

is ted templeman still around?
                        R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                          yeah and if they were talk to Warner the negotiations would be tough because Van Halen isn't a bunch of kids in 78 anymore ...except wolf.

is ted templeman still around?
                          He's alive, but retired, as far as I know.

Would he break retirement to produce the long awaited 7th album from Van HALEN??

One would hope, but Ted's last job was as a VP at WB, and I seem to remember them dumping him and several other suits for no good reason around the time of the AOL merger, so the question is also there of whether Ted would ever work on a WB project again.

Because there's no question he needs to be involved in the eventual box set, just as George Martin is fully involved in any "new" Beatles releases.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

like the people above are saying Van Halen doesnt really need a record label, just to invite ted to 5150. I bet ed hates Ted since ted didgo with dave after the split.
                            R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• ROTHisGOD
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

It would be fucking great!

Comment

Working...