X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Douglas T.
    Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Stub Hub

They have tickets for sale here for show not selling tickets yet? WTF?

http://www.stubhub.com/van-halen-tic...vent_id=448557:confused:
  • Lode
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Jan 2007

Re: Stub Hub

Originally posted by Douglas T.
    They have tickets for sale here for show not selling tickets yet? WTF?

http://www.stubhub.com/van-halen-tic...vent_id=448557:confused:

Brokers usually have a block of guaranteed seats at different venues, they can take pre-orders and judge how many they want to get, or buy them all up themselves for resale....it's pretty typical these days.

Comment

• Douglas T.
      Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

So should I pay twice as much ahead of time or should I wait! I know this has probably been discussed!

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Pure speculation.

They're gambling that peole will buy more and sell back.
        http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
        http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
          Head Fluffer
          • Apr 2006

Wait until your show goes onsale!!!

DON'T BUY FROM BROKER BEFORE THE ONSALE!!!

These brokers feed on fans that jump at the bits and pay ridiculous prices.

It sickens me how these brokers use us fans!, They have ways of getting all of the great seats before the onsale from the promoters, runners of the tour etc.

Only buy from broker if it's an last resort, but keep in mine if you check ticketmaster often, seats pop up wither it's from someone's credit card getting declined or good seats coming up a few days or before the show.

Infect I talked to a broker and they told me they don't even have the tickets they show in their hands. They reseive it closer to the show or after the onsale date.

Comment

• rwc
            Groupie
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DLRISVH7884
            Wait until your show goes onsale!!!

DON'T BUY FROM BROKER BEFORE THE ONSALE!!!

These brokers feed on fans that jump at the bits and pay ridiculous prices.

It sickens me how these brokers use us fans!, They have ways of getting all of the great seats before the onsale from the promoters, runners of the tour etc.

Only buy from broker if it's an last resort, but keep in mine if you check ticketmaster often, seats pop up wither it's from someone's credit card getting declined or good seats coming up a few days or before the show.

Infect I talked to a broker and they told me they don't even have the tickets they show in their hands. They reseive it closer to the show or after the onsale date.
            I agree 100%. If you have a decent computer with a fast (i.e. DSL) connection, you can get great seats when tickets go on sale. You have to time it right - buy right at 10:00AM if they go on sale at 10:00AM. Use the time from your cell phone - it is network time and I've found it to be very accurate relative to the time TM uses.

If you don't get good seats right away, keep trying TM (as DLRISVH pointed out) seats are released from time to time.

Comment

• Douglas T.
              Full Member Status

• Nov 2005

Thanks for the tips! Damn I am anxious for this! I've been working away in the shop like it was back in '85! Positive vibes going on for sure! There's a spark on the horizon!

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

When did scalping (theft) become legal anyway?? :confused:
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Redballjets88
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                  i dont know. Im not really against people outside of the venue selling theirs, because the people that get tix from them are people that waited last minute to purchase, but this crap of people buying 10 tickets then reselling 8 of them pisses me off. I know its a great investment for them but its utter bullshit for the rest of us. And the only people that can buy 10 tickets are rich fucks to begin with, so now they are greedy rich fucks.
                  R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Ra Power
                    Roadie
                    • Aug 2007

I think the brokers are largely getting fooked on this one. Every time another show is announced at a given date they take a bath. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch, I say. :p
                    ...I'm just skin 'n bones.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3...74largehi6.jpg
                    http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/9199/justfatwz4.jpg

Comment

• rwc
                      Groupie
                      • Feb 2004

Like others, I have no problem with regular Joes selling tickets they end up (for whatever reason) not using. Face value plus the TM BS fee is reasonable.

There are three things that piss me off about ticket sales:
                      1) Brokers getting blocks of seats before the sale to the general public.
                      2) Corporations reserving a block of tickets that can only be purchased if you are their customer and get the magic password from them
                      3) High max number of tickets per customer. 8 tickets per person is just ridiculous.

IMO, this is what should happen. Tickets should go on sale in two waves. Wave 1: Limit of 2 tickets per customer. Ideally these would go on sale early to fan club members that have registered, preferably years in advance. Wave 2: previous limits removed. If you really need 8 together, this is when you get em.

Comment

• FORD
                        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Absolutely NOBODY should get tickets before the official "on sale" date. Not corporations, not corporate scalpers ( I'll call Bush the President before I'll call them "brokers") not even fucking radio stations.

The fucking FANS who have waited 23 years for this god damned tour deserve a fair shot at the best seats.

By the time the radio whores, the promoters (same company, Fear Channel), and the career criminals get done, the real fans can't get anywhere near the stage unless they win the fucking Powerball......
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• AJW
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jun 2004

Absolutely NOBODY should get tickets before the official "on sale" date. Not corporations, not corporate scalpers ( I'll call Bush the President before I'll call them "brokers") not even fucking radio stations.

Holy shit!!!! You heard it hear first. FORD calling Bush the President. CMIMPPEACHMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I know is I am going to vote Democratic in '08.

Comment

• Unchainme
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2005

The fucking FANS who have waited 23 years for this god damned tour deserve a fair shot at the best seats.

By the time the radio whores, the promoters (same company, Fear Channel), and the career criminals get done, the real fans can't get anywhere near the stage unless they win the fucking Powerball......
                            Amen! I paid 75 bucks for nosebleed seats! and some fucking Corporate suit gets front row seats before us all?

MotherFUCK Ticketmaster.
                            Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• DLRISVH7884
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Unchainme
                              Amen! I paid 75 bucks for nosebleed seats! and some fucking Corporate suit gets front row seats before us all?

MotherFUCK Ticketmaster.
                              Promoters and Corporate offices know Die hard CVH fans have been waiting years for this tour, so their are trying to milk it for as much money as they can.

It also pisses me of how only way to get a front row seat is to buy from a ticket broker, VIP packages and owening a American Express Credit card etc.

Every the fucking Vanhalenstore.com advertising/trying to sell tickets from an ticket broker. Just think how much T-shirts and other merchandise are going to cost at these stands accross the arena.

The bottom line is this at the end of the day, it's just a rock concet and the rich is just going to get richer.

Comment

Working...