Hi! I'm a hasbeen who's no longer worth two fucks!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Isaac R.
    Head Fluffer
    • Dec 2006

Hi! I'm a hasbeen who's no longer worth two fucks!

NEW YORK: Actor-comedian Jim Carrey has made a straight-to-YouTube video. And it is not funny at all.

The 45-year Carrey — in rare serious mode — appears in a new public service announcement on behalf of the Human Rights Action Center and the U.S. Campaign for Burma. The goal: To free Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, who has been confined by Myanmar's ruling military junta for 11 of the last 17 years.

"Even though she's compared to a modern-day Gandhi or Nelson Mandela, most people in America still don't know about Aung San," Carrey says in the filmed message, posted Tuesday on YouTube.

"And let's face it: the name's a little difficult to remember. Here's how I did it: Aung San sounds a lot like 'unsung,' as in unsung hero. Aung San Suu Kyi is truly an unsung hero."

Suu Kyi, who is under long-term house arrest in the city of Yangon, received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991 for her nonviolent efforts to bring down the military regime that rules over the Southeast Asian country.
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

"Shomebody Shtop him"!

The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Re: Hi! I'm a hasbeen who's no longer worth two fucks!

Originally posted by Isaac R.

NEW YORK: Actor-comedian Jim Carrey has made a straight-to-YouTube video. And it is not funny at all.

The 45-year Carrey — in rare serious mode — appears in a new public service announcement on behalf of the Human Rights Action Center and the U.S. Campaign for Burma. The goal: To free Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi, who has been confined by Myanmar's ruling military junta for 11 of the last 17 years.

"Even though she's compared to a modern-day Gandhi or Nelson Mandela, most people in America still don't know about Aung San," Carrey says in the filmed message, posted Tuesday on YouTube.

"And let's face it: the name's a little difficult to remember. Here's how I did it: Aung San sounds a lot like 'unsung,' as in unsung hero. Aung San Suu Kyi is truly an unsung hero."

Suu Kyi, who is under long-term house arrest in the city of Yangon, received the Nobel Peace Prize in 1991 for her nonviolent efforts to bring down the military regime that rules over the Southeast Asian country.

How 'bout embedding the goddamn vdeo?

WTF is your beef , exactly?
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Yeah, he's definitely in turmoil, what with his millions in the bank and his dick in Jenny McCarthy.

If I had those two problems, I could really give a shit about being a hasbeen.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• bueno bob
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

Exactly...I don't really think Jim Carey is too awful worried about his last few movies not doing so well, considering his cash flow and Jenny McCarthy...

Why rag on the guy for doing a PSA on Youtube, though? :confused:
          Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Give me a fucking break! The US dollar and economy are on the edge of the abyse. The politicians are erroding our Constitutional rights. We are bogged down in a middle east war that could esculate into Iran, Syria, and Lebbanon this fall. Not to mention the fucking Communist Chinese now own us because they pay off our debt.

I'm sorry but helping some chick with a wierd name that sounds like Suck Kak is down on my list of worries.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Whatever. I never really liked him so much in movies except Truman Show. I guess he felt like he needed to get political without causing too many waves (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins....).

Ace Ventura was kinda funny, but you have to be drunk and with friends.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Redballjets88
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

he isnt a has been because he still makes high grossing movies...number 23 went to the top of the box office and sold out at blockbusters around the nation. Just because he doesn't do a movie every year doesnt make him a has been. Has beens make straight to video movies, ie steven segal, van damme, snipes.
                R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

It's easy to think that this is a cynical ploy to boost his status, but it might be a genuine, heart-felt appeal.

Who knows?

However, it does smack of "I'm a celebrity and my opinion on things is therefore valid..." doesn't it?

On the plus side, at least he's not collecting African children like some Holyweird stars....
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by binnie

On the plus side, at least he's not collecting African children like some Holyweird stars....
                    LOL! Seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it? I think I'll start adopting 16 year old Swedish girls. If I wait until the day after Halloween, I can get the French Maid & Catholic schoolgirl outfits for half price.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Ozzy Fudd
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                      Yeah, he's definitely in turmoil, what with his millions in the bank and his dick in Jenny McCarthy.

If I had those two problems, I could really give a shit about being a hasbeen.
                      I was about to say that..
                      Roth Army MP
                      Originally posted by Panamark
                      Is there such a thing as a trailer park virgin?
                      or is that just a chick that can run faster than her father and brothers ??
                      Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                      She looks like someone I wake up to after a night of drinking. Or someone I'd bang so a buddy of mine can get her hotter friend.
                      Originally posted by JAY HALE
                      so how's about you stop lying, log off and go practice.

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

At age 45, what's with the 70's hairdo?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                          At age 45, what's with the 70's hairdo?
                          He's going for the Scott Stapp look!

Is his sister still driving for Burlington transit ?
                          From what I hear he still comes home the odd time and will pop into Easterbrooks for one of their overpriced hotdogs.....
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Smokey McPot
                            Full On Cocktard
                            • Aug 2005

I hate that unfunny dumb fuck

He tries way too hard. He always has to do something crazy to show everyone just how funny he is

Actually I do love him in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's one of my favorite movies. He can be good when he's not acting like a poor man's coked up Robin Williams.
                            shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitsh itshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitsh itshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitsh itshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit shit

Comment

• Coyote
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              LOL! Seems to be a growing trend, doesn't it? I think I'll start adopting 16 year old Swedish girls. If I wait until the day after Halloween, I can get the French Maid & Catholic schoolgirl outfits for half price.
                              Can you give me a clue on that?
                              Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

Working...