X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

What's Really Going On with Teamsters

So my question for the union supporters is this: Why oppose allowing Mexican truckers into America legally, under the NAFTA treaty, in order to conduct legitimate commerce but support Mexican immigrants coming into this country illegally? Put another way, why do unions support foreigners who come here and thumb their noses at our law but oppose foreigners who come here at the express invitation of our laws?

Opposing view on the other thread.

I�d really like an answer to that one. Because it�s clear, to me, that allowing Mexican truckers access to the American market is a good way to help enrich Mexico�s economy and thin out the number of people fleeing poverty in that country by forcing their way into ours. In fact, I�d say it�s immoral not to grant these Mexican truckers access to our economy. After all, competition among business and the unencumbered flow of commerce is good for all of us, Mexican and American alike

Could it be that the unions are really just interested in their bottom line rather than the well being of Mexicans? That they want amnesty for lots and lots of illegal immigrants because those illegals represent a broad new base for unionization? That they don�t want Mexican truckers in America because those truckers would be competition for overpaid union truckers?

Link http://www.kxmc.com/News/Nation/157349.asp
  • thome
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Mar 2005

Common Dreams has been providing breaking news & views for the progressive community since 1997. We are independent, non-profit, advertising-free and 100% reader supported. Our Mission: To inform. To inspire. To ignite change for the common good.

Fight The Power!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

There's a thread on this...

Comment

Working...