X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • quinny
    Full On Cocktard
    • Aug 2004

Van Halen v Iron Maiden

I would have loved VH to show the professionalism and maturity of IM over the years. Everything VH does seems to be a cash grab. Hey I love em, but fuck...where were the albums the last 10 years.

What a fucking waste!!!

Maiden deliver time and again to their fans, but that's life.
    "When was the last time you tried something for the first time"
  • DLRISVH7884
    Head Fluffer
    • Apr 2006

I agree with you also, but promoters know how many years fans have waited for this and they know they can make lots of money, thus they are going to try to milk this for whats it's worth!

It pisses me off too, but there is nothing you can do except don't buy in, but there are plenty of other people already doing it.

Comment

• janarak
      Roadie
      • Aug 2004

vh vs maiden

LOVE MAIDEN BUT THEY WERE SHIT WITH BLAZE. THEY WENT DOWN HILL AFTER 88 ' WHEN DICKINSON WAS THINKING OF GOING SOLO.DICKINSON AND HARRIS GET ON AS WELL AS DAVE AND ED.
      SEEN THEM AGAIN THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEY ARE BACK TO THEIR BEST.
      YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT BE AN OMEN FOR VAN HALEN.

Comment

• SparkieD
        Veteran
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by janarak
        LOVE MAIDEN BUT THEY WERE SHIT WITH BLAZE. THEY WENT DOWN HILL AFTER 88 ' WHEN DICKINSON WAS THINKING OF GOING SOLO.DICKINSON AND HARRIS GET ON AS WELL AS DAVE AND ED.
        SEEN THEM AGAIN THE LAST COUPLE OF TIMES AND THEY ARE BACK TO THEIR BEST.
        YOU NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT BE AN OMEN FOR VAN HALEN.
        Love all eras of Maiden including Blaze. I will say Blaze is better off without 'em. Maiden started to suck eons before Bruce left, and that's coming from a hardcore, die hard Maiden fan. They finally got their shit (back) together with AMoLaD.

As for VH vs. IM...VH was my favorite band in '80 till I saw Maiden in July of '81. Maiden stole me from VH that night.
        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
        Originally posted by rustoffa
        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• SparkieD
          Veteran
          • Sep 2006

Re: Van Halen v Iron Maiden

Originally posted by quinny
          I would have loved VH to show the professionalism and maturity of IM over the years. Everything VH does seems to be a cash grab. Hey I love em, but fuck...where were the albums the last 10 years.

What a fucking waste!!!

Maiden deliver time and again to their fans, but that's life.

Maiden has been my favorite band for most of my life, but even I can see they are only overshadowed by KI$$ when it comes to "cash grabs."

Just how damned many re-re-re-issues does even a die hard like myself need?
          Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
          Originally posted by rustoffa
          Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

I'm having a hard time right now comparing those 2...

I need coffee... let me pop a C.D...

Hi Sparkie, I knew I'd find you here!
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• lafours
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

Maiden have always respected there fans, legacy and always give it there all on stage...

when they parted with Bruce and Di Anno they never turned there band into a soap opera and they always play songs from every era...Maiden was more about being a "band" than one person (EVH)..eventhough Harris calls the shots he respects all of the supporting cast!

Maiden have not really had any magic in the studio for years and years but your guaranteed to see a tight live show every time.

It's hard to think of any other band that has made bigger blunders than VH... they should have pulled it together years ago and they would have all had Aerosmith money and credibility ( yeah aerosmith have seen better days but there America's led Zep) by now...

GNR is probably the only band that threw it all away faster than VH
              Last edited by lafours; 09-06-2007, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                Veteran
                • Apr 2004

Gimme a break!

Maiden can't hang with the mighty Van Halen. I don't mind Maiden, but it all sounds the same!
                http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• Tiki-Tom
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by lafours
                  they should have pulled it together years ago and they would have all had Aerosmith money and credibility ( yeah aerosmith have seen better days but there America's led Zep) by now...
                  Are you fuckn' crazy man, did ya trip and split your gourd..................... Aerosmith, America's led Zep???????????. You are right about them seeing better days but come on. They have been a whiny sap and roll band for years.

Maiden VS VH = nothing alike. Why bother?
                  [

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                    Sniper
                    • Apr 2004

Iron Maiden is a good band. But Van Halen is one of the four greatest bands of all time along with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin.
                    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by lafours
                      aerosmith have seen better days but there America's led Zep
                      Don't insult Led Zeppelin and Van Halen like that. Van Halen is America's Led Zeppelin.

I could count all of Aerosmith's good songs on one hand. And they are terrible live.
                      "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• tajmahal
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2007

Iron Maiden had some great albums - Poweslave, Somewhere in Time, Number of the Beast, Killers to name a few. However the number of live albums and greatest hits packages are out of hand. If VH was about the money don't you think they would have more than one live album.

T

Comment

• chi-town324
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Feb 2007

there is none like Van Halen, the sound is so unique...IM was good but not even close to VH

Comment

• DLR'sCock
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                            Iron Maiden is a good band. But Van Halen is one of the four greatest bands of all time along with The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, and Led Zeppelin.
                            You don't have to buy the Live shows and DVD's....

Bottom line is that I take Maiden over VH easily.....

Although Maiden and and VH are my faves.....

Comment

• cMb
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2007

VH vs Maiden... That's a good one. Both bands changed the way I 'heard' music at the time I first heard them.

I listen to the six-pack more often than Maidens albums, so I guess I gotta roll with the Mighty Van Halen!

I think of Metallica as 'Americas Zeppelin'. They're from a different era, but had a similar impact on hard rock/metal music..

Comment

Working...