Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Thank GOD the kids are in school! - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank GOD the kids are in school!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank GOD the kids are in school!

If I had to go one more day with the kids picking, fighting, and giving me one of those banging headaches, I would have pulled a Thelma and Louise.

I love my kids, I really do. But Jaysus Mighty, thank God for school.

On a side note....ever wonder why when we pay school taxes that we still have to dole out $60 a year in school supplies? Sure, paper, pens, book bag, etc. But what about the weird stuff they request? Poster board, index cards, tissues, calcuators (the ones that cost like $80-90).

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
    ~Susie Q 2009

Amen to that. We do not have kids, but we're surrounded by families with loads of kids.

Throughout this summer children have gathered here at our dead end street to skate board, play basketball, chase girls, etc... They like to come over to my garage to borrow stuff and ask me to fix this bike, that board, asking what's that, can we use this? No problem: kids rock, but sometimes I have some covert action going on in the playroom I call a garage, or I have friends over drinking and jamming some tunes. The older boys in the hood want to hang with the big dogs
    in the Van Halen Garage, but that's not always kosher 'cause I have things to do now and then that does not involve children.
    These kids never bothered me in the least, and they never will.

BUT THANK GOD SCHOOL IS IN SESSION!
    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

We got it bad this year...in addition to sending 30 pounds worth of supplies that the school ADMITS it's probably not going to use at all, we also have to sign up for a day of our choice where we "PROVIDE A MID DAY SNACK FOR THE WHOLE CLASS".

Because, you know, it's just too hard for kids to focus on anything for three and a half hours without a 20 minute recess and a 20 minute snack break and designated bathroom runs, nap time, etc etc...

(I'm sending beets)
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Chow down, ya little shits...

Let's see if the school asks me to provide any more community services after the first one...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Susie Q
          If I had to go one more day with the kids picking, fighting, and giving me one of those banging headaches, I would have pulled a Thelma and Louise.

I love my kids, I really do. But Jaysus Mighty, thank God for school.

On a side note....ever wonder why when we pay school taxes that we still have to dole out $60 a year in school supplies? Sure, paper, pens, book bag, etc. But what about the weird stuff they request? Poster board, index cards, tissues, calcuators (the ones that cost like $80-90).
          Calculators? They were forbidden when I was in school and I never had an expensive one until I took college chemistry.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

Re: Thank GOD the kids are in school!

Originally posted by Susie Q
            ... I love my kids, I really do. But Jaysus Mighty, thank God for school. ...
            I know that when I will see my son leaving for school for the first time, I will have tears in my eyes... "My baby"!

I am sad, just thinking about my maternity leave that will end in February (we have 1 year)...
            The day care... UFF!

But I'm sure that it won't take long until I get to anticipate that "back to school" like everybody else...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
            Originally posted by Nitro Express
            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
            Originally posted by VanHalener
            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
            Originally posted by FORD
            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

I used to work at that place where the office supplies where in a small room where everybody could go and pick as they "needed"...

Every september, they would notice a huge low down in stock... especially the kind of articles that kids use in school.

It didn't take long until they changed that system!
              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
              Originally posted by Nitro Express
              ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
              Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
              [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
              http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
              Originally posted by VanHalener
              ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
              Originally posted by FORD
              ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

Originally posted by bueno bob

(I'm sending beets)

Classic post!

Btw---Nice tits Bob.

Comment

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLXDZ15uNt8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLXDZ15uNt8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                  Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

What about those preschoolers?
                    They're still around, and from what I hear they can be a handful too.

My hat is off to you parents.
                    ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

Re: Re: Thank GOD the kids are in school!

Originally posted by blonddgirl777

But I'm sure that it won't take long until I get to anticipate that "back to school" like everybody else...

Hasn't happened to me yet and mine just started third grade. I cry and cry the first day of school.
                      Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                      Originally posted by rustoffa
                      Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

How 'bout the fucking fundraisers they send the kids home from school with? Every damn year on the very first day of school they send mine home with a catalog chock full of expensive bullshit that she's supposed to sell. Crap that nobody needs or wants. Everybody wants to run and hide when they see a kid (or their parent) approaching with that shit packet. And what's worse, they pump the kids up with hope of winning these unrealistic prizes. I won't even let my kid participate. I refuse to pimp my child out like that. She can do some chores around the house and I will buy her a prize. WTF do they use these funds for??? Last year the said they needed a new keyboard system for the music department at the fantastic bargain of TWENTY GRAND!!! Meanwhile, they've made a little trailer park campus for the entire first and third grade, PLUS the playground equipment is as old as I am and very unsafe. Excuse me, music is very important, but safety is moreso and having a real classroom should be a priority, too.

Funny, there are many new schools here to deal with the population boom (hence the portables.) My kid's school in particular is the most in-demand school in this area as it is the very best in terms of academics. What gives???
                        Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
                        Originally posted by rustoffa
                        Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

I used to work at that place where the office supplies where in a small room where everybody could go and pick as they "needed"...

Every september, they would notice a huge low down in stock... especially the kind of articles that kids use in school.

It didn't take long until they changed that system!
                          I bet. I used to work for Hewlett-Packard and they had a room that was kind of like Kinkos. They had people that could make copies and even bind books for you. There was the office supply room and you had to get past this old lady who took her job seriousely. She could smell bullshit a mile off.

Comment

I know that when I will see my son leaving for school for the first time, I will have tears in my eyes... "My baby"!

I am sad, just thinking about my maternity leave that will end in February (we have 1 year)...
                            The day care... UFF!

My wife just couldn't go back to work so we hunkered down and lived cheap for awhile. Day Care is expensive and then you finish work and then you have to be mom. It burns you out.

Children do much better with a mom at home and they stay out of trouble and do better in school.

We drove old cars and went without the vacations our double income friends could take but a decade later I'm doing fine.

I think a lot of women are finding you either can excel at work or as a mom but doing both is hard, hard, hard work and it will burn you out.

Comment

The day care... UFF!

My wife just couldn't go back to work so we hunkered down and lived cheap for awhile. Day Care is expensive and then you finish work and then you have to be mom. It burns you out.

Children do much better with a mom at home and they stay out of trouble and do better in school.

We drove old cars and went without the vacations our double income friends could take but a decade later I'm doing fine.

I think a lot of women are finding you either can excel at work or as a mom but doing both is hard, hard, hard work and it will burn you out.

Comment

Working...
                              X