X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

College

Alright I staerted college last week, and it isn't bad at all. In my government, history, and composition classes that it. But when it comes to doing math I might be mentally retarded. College algebra is kicking the shit out of me. Anybody know of a good way to learn this shit for someone who doesn't get it at all and is not interested in what the factor of x^2b^3(cr) is. its bullshit. im a history major i dont need math.
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Get a tutor in the academic skills dept., or whatever their equivalent is...

Comment

• Redballjets88
      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah i probably should, Im going to see how my test goes tomorrow and depending on that I'll probably check that out. who knows maybe the tutor will be a hott chick and ill then enjoy tutoring

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Never understood why its so important to do those stupid algebra equations. I aked a maths teacher exactly WHY we need to do them, what profession could we possibly use the for except scientist? Her reply was "painter and decorator". Yes. Of course.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Redballjets88
          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
          Never understood why its so important to do those stupid algebra equations. I aked a maths teacher exactly WHY we need to do them, what profession could we possibly use the for except scientist? Her reply was "painter and decorator". Yes. Of course.
          thats so fucking true. the best math class i took in highschool was math models (its pretty much math for retards, or slackers during senior year) the entire thing was business related math it was the only shit that was applicable to real life. I got an A in it because when it comes to that kind of math its easy because it is used and logical. algebra is retarded.

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Just remember...

2+2 = BEER
            23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jimmy Jingles
              Just remember...

2+2 = BEER
              if only that was the utter truth. I'd be a mathmetician

Comment

• Vanessa
                Roadie
                • Jun 2007

Re: College

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                Alright I staerted college last week, and it isn't bad at all. In my government, history, and composition classes that it. But when it comes to doing math I might be mentally retarded. College algebra is kicking the shit out of me. Anybody know of a good way to learn this shit for someone who doesn't get it at all and is not interested in what the factor of x^2b^3(cr) is. its bullshit. im a history major i dont need math.

yeah true i've taken the same math class twice and failed and it's only arithmetic and it's the lowest level math class you can take

Comment

• ALinChainz
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Lots of websites on the net that can help with procedures and formulas dude.

Lots of them.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Drop the class if you don't get it. Most colleges teach a basic math course that's pre algebra. Take it. Your major might be history but you have no idea what jobs you will be working in after you graduate. I had three jobs I had to take a math test to get. One was just to deliver bottled gas to customers but I needed basic algebra skills to pass the test.

Everyone should be able to pass college algebra with an A if they have a good instructor and have their basic math skills down. One problem is our schools are horrible at teaching math. Absolutely HORRIBLE! My 8 year old had to show her teacher how to do long division. The teachers don't know the shit. So the results is full basic math classes in college.

Get some good basic instruction and you might find you don't suck at math as bad as you thought. It's a hard, detailed subject so a good instructor is a must!

I got good at math in high school. We had a hardcore Iranian math instructor who made us work the problems out on the board and if you were lost, public ridicule! To his credit he was available during study period, lunch, and after school by appointment. I was under pressure because my brother was a former student of his and he was a mathemetical geniouse that went to Stanford on a Bosch and Lomb scholorship and I was just an average student that didn't particularly care for math. I got through college calculus with all A's but I worked my ass off to get those grades.
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

You can't jump halway into math and do well. Can you add and subtract without counting everything out? Do you know your times tables? Can you do long division problems? If you are having a difficult time here and many adults do, it's time to learn basic math.

College is assuming you have mastered that level already. I once had to use alegebra to convert a formula to mix a cold weather fuel for snowmobiles. It was so fucking cold the computer wouldn't work so I did the conversions with a piece of paper. A calculator was useless because they don't work well in sub zero tempuratures.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                        ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

Re: College

... College algebra is kicking the shit out of me. Anybody know of a good way to learn this shit for someone who doesn't get it at all and is not interested in what the factor of x^2b^3(cr) is...
                        Cheating at exams!
                        I've written those formulas on my arms and thighs (but I know you won't wear a skirt)...
                        Also, back in my college years, we where allowed to go to the bathroom during exams... so I once hid a little peace of paper that I went to refer to...

But don't get cought doing this... get a tutor...
                        It's not THAT hard to understand (you can do it)!
                        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                        Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                        Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                        [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                        http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                        Originally posted by VanHalener
                        ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                        Originally posted by FORD
                        ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by blonddgirl777
                          Cheating at exams!
                          I've written those formulas on my arms and thighs (but I know you won't wear a skirt)...
                          Also, back in my college years, we where allowed to go to the bathroom during exams... so I once hid a little peace of paper that I went to refer to...

But don't get cought doing this... get a tutor...
                          It's not THAT hard to understand (you can do it)!
                          You don't dare cheat when your instructor is a hardcore muslim! He probably had a sword in his office to behead you if you go caught! That man scared me into straight A's.

Comment

• blonddgirl777
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2005

You don't dare cheat when your instructor is a hardcore muslim! He probably had a sword in his office to behead you if you go caught! That man scared me into straight A's.
                            I was a smart cheater... never got cought!
                            I could be very hypocrit, putting that "angel face"...

College was fun... beleive it or not, we where allower to smoke in class!

Those where the days...
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...oman-movie.jpg
                            ... What erases the linger of horniness more than Al Quaida? Then blondegirl can post some new hot dudes and stir a new wave of horniness...
                            Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                            [B]... Cooking, I mean Cooking, is men's field...
                            http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...i_triangle.jpg
                            Originally posted by VanHalener
                            ... Fight the Good Fight and Win!...
                            Originally posted by FORD
                            ... And let's face it, if mothers (except Chelsea Clinton's) ruled this world, there would be no goddamned war in the first place...

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

The only way to understand something that you find difficult is perseverence...

It''ll be more rewarding too.

Finding someone in your class who understands it would be a good idea too, maybe they can explain it better than the teacher...
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

Working...