• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DEMON CUNT
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

RAW STORY: Fred Thompson: Dissent makes US 'weak,' carries 'heavy price'

Fred Thompson: Dissent makes US 'weak,' carries 'heavy price'

In his first interview since declaring his presidential candidacy, Fred Thompson repeatedly warned against the perils of a "weak and divided" nation, raised the specter of unspecified terrorists with suitcase bombs, and expressed a willingness to employ nuclear weapons against Iran.

"If you're politically committed against this war and to do something to further harm the president, the way the Democrats seem to be in Congress, then anything [in the Petraeus Report] that's a mixed message is going to be seized upon in a negative way," Thompson told Fox News on Thursday.

Link.

What the fuck?!? This guy is more of the same. A vote for this fucker is a vote for 'stay the course.'
    Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I made the mistake of watching this goddamn buffoon on the Leno show the other night. This dumb son of a bitch has learned NOTHING since 2002. He's still talking as if all the BCE/PNAC excuses for invading Iraq were valid, even though they have all been proven false. And of course he spouts the Likudist line on Iran.

Thank God that nobody as fucking ugly as Thompson has a chance of being elected in a media driven presidential campaign.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT

Fred Thompson: Dissent makes US 'weak,' carries 'heavy price'

In his first interview since declaring his presidential candidacy, Fred Thompson repeatedly warned against the perils of a "weak and divided" nation, raised the specter of unspecified terrorists with suitcase bombs, and expressed a willingness to employ nuclear weapons against Iran.

"If you're politically committed against this war and to do something to further harm the president, the way the Democrats seem to be in Congress, then anything [in the Petraeus Report] that's a mixed message is going to be seized upon in a negative way," Thompson told Fox News on Thursday.

Link.

What the fuck?!? This guy is more of the same. A vote for this fucker is a vote for 'stay the course.'
      Looks like someone got a blow job at Bohemian Grove this summer. What a Bushbot.

No what makes America strong is freespeech and open debate. Like these military opperations make us stronger? They kill our people and run our debt up with China to where they control us financially. Oh yeah, invading Iraq made us so strong. It's just draining our military and making us poorer.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Watch it though. This guy will do real well just for the fact he's been in the movies and television shows playing these patriotic characters.

Holly fuck. Hilter would love America now. It's ripe for the picking.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Ellyllions
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

I watched his appearance in Iowa yesterday.

Can't make a complete assessment of what I did think of him from that but I did notice a few things...

First, I was completely unimpressed or moved by anything he said other than 2 statements. Something to the effect that one thing this country is missing is pride. For some reason we're forgetting where we've been in history and arrogantly prodding around. (paraphrased, of course) But he is correct in that statement. Doesn't make him Presidential material by any means and he's not the first candidate that's said something to that effect. But the other was one that caused a smile across my face the likes never seen...he said, "Keep in mind that it wasn't President Clinton that balanced the budget and caused a surplus...it was CONGRESS." And he hit that nail right on the head. So he gets 1 point from me for even bringing that point to light.

What did turn me off about him completely was his incessant answers that "changing the tax codes" will address this or that when asked about anything that involved money. I'm not interested in more complicated tax codes. I'm leaning toward the "fair tax" when it comes to those issues.

I am, however, interested in hearing more from him on his ideas that States need more power to control themselves without looking to the Federal government for every answer. I think this is quite possibly the most strong stance I've heard yet and it can encompass a whole host of things that most conservative republicans oppose...i.e. Gay marriage, abortion, emergency preparedness and response, activation of the National Guard... Should be interesting to see how many of those he backpedals on once faced with the States control issue.

We'll see....I'm not sold and it's still way to early in the campaign for me to even make an informed decision as to who I'm marking in 11-08.
          "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

You're either with us, or against us.... Right Freddie?

Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Why does Fred Thompson hate our Freedoms?

He must be al qaeda

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

When Republicans even consider backing a double-speaking former lobbyist of a politician like Thompson they show us that they have learned absolutely nothing from the last six years.

"Sure, he hates our basic freedoms, but how is he on state's rights?"

Using fear to try and stop criticism of the war is most certainly terrorism.

We are in trouble.
                Last edited by DEMON CUNT; 09-09-2007, 12:31 PM.
                Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

What's the difference between a lobbyist and a lawyer?

really?
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                    Watch it though. This guy will do real well just for the fact he's been in the movies and television shows playing these patriotic characters.

Holly fuck. Hilter would love America now. It's ripe for the picking.
                    Makes me glad I rarely watch television. Cause watching it too much turns you into a sheep.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

really?
                      That question is extremely naive.

Last edited by DEMON CUNT; 09-09-2007, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

really?

About 300K a year.

[ba- dum- dum]

I'll be here all week

Try the veal.

Comment

• Ellyllions
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2006

DC, I've been watching as you responded, then edited your post, and responded again.

There was nothing in my post that supported Fred Thompson definitively. You're just looking for an arguement.

When you, Demon Cunt, speaks of naivety I have to smile.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Nov 2004

The "warm fuzzy" feelings that drew people to Bush are be the same "warm fuzzies" that will draw them to Thompson.

"Sigh... he's so dreamy and he's here to keep us safe form all the mean freedom haters!"

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DEMON CUNT
                              When Republicans even consider backing a double-speaking former lobbyist of a politician like Thompson they show us that they have learned absolutely nothing from the last six years.

"Sure, he hates our basic freedoms, but how is he on state's rights?"

Using fear to try and stop criticism of the war is most certainly terrorism.

We are in trouble.
                              I'll say it again....

THIS crop of Republican candidates is the weakest bunch of chattle they've laid out in 60 years.

Makes Nixon / Agnew look like good.

How sad it is, that a lobbyist/actor who was called stupid by Tricky Dick himself is leading the pack.

Makes you wonder why Santorum and/or Senator Macaca isn't throwing in....

Hell, Larry Craig should run. He'd poll third on name recognition alone.

Comment

Working...