PDA

View Full Version : Old amps can take a pissing, and keep on ticking.

rustoffa
09-15-2007, 01:08 AM
So earlier today my ancient Fender amp got pissed on by one of my dogs. Why? Funny I should ask. Apparently, there was a critter hiding inside of it!! Not just any critter mind you...a cat with more brains than common sense. Pavlov would be proud.

Operant conditioning....

Most of the domesticated animals around here have been conditioned not to go near guitar amplifiers. Catnip...steak...dead animals...I've strategically placed shit like that on top of my TWIN REVERB to draw the fuckers' to it. None of 'em had any idea about the "bright" setting, or getting their ears blown off as they tried to seize the prize!!

Anyway, the fucking cat had pissed the dog off, and was scrambling for it's life. It decided to hide in my old Super Amp. The Twin had the cover on it. So the dog is looking @ the Super like it's an electric fence.....I'm like, "No!!....stop it!!" After a few circles, the fucker pissed all over the tatter'd thing!! The cat came bolting out, and I just about lost my mind.

Being more concerned with the state of my ancient amp than animal torture, I put the animals out and cleaned the dog piss. Box fan for drying....you name it.

Long story short, the tubes warmed up, stunk up the room again, and delivered!!!

Talk about mojo!!!!
:killer:

Nitro Express
09-15-2007, 02:48 AM
Old Fenders never die. I dropped a silverfaced Champ down a flight of concrete stairs in our high school. I'm going FUCK! because it was the school's amp and I had signed for it.

It went a tumbling and I plugged it in and it worked!

BrownSound1
09-18-2007, 11:24 PM
I had a Silverface Twin that I bought off a guy once, and he had installed casters on it. Well the dipshit drummer was acting stupid (as most drummers do) and knocked the top heavy thing slap over on its back. It hit HARD, and didn't even break a tube.

I had an old Peavey Bandit that fell off the tailgate of a pickup truck, and all that happened to it was some scratched Tolex. Hell I wanted that amp to bust into a million pieces, but it wouldn't die for shit. :D I'll give Peavey this, their amp cabs were sturdy as hell back in those days.

Hardrock69
09-19-2007, 11:59 AM
LMFAO!!!
:D

Nitro Express
05-01-2009, 04:09 PM
I had a Silverface Twin that I bought off a guy once, and he had installed casters on it. Well the dipshit drummer was acting stupid (as most drummers do) and knocked the top heavy thing slap over on its back. It hit HARD, and didn't even break a tube.

I had an old Peavey Bandit that fell off the tailgate of a pickup truck, and all that happened to it was some scratched Tolex. Hell I wanted that amp to bust into a million pieces, but it wouldn't die for shit. :D I'll give Peavey this, their amp cabs were sturdy as hell back in those days.

I still see plenty of those old Peavey Bandits around to this day. You probably could use them as jack stands to rest a big truck axle on.

degüello
05-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I dropped my Marshall 4X12 cab down a long flight of stairs. The one plastic handle I was holding on to was cold and broke right off in my hand, whole cab went tumbling down in front of me, LOL.

Worked fine, after.

GAR
05-01-2009, 11:29 PM
I had an old Peavey Bandit that fell off the tailgate of a pickup truck, and all that happened to it was some scratched Tolex.

I smashed a Bandit once, just for the thrill of watching the thing bust into a million stupid pieces.

Took a dozen smacks almost.

ELVIS
05-02-2009, 06:59 AM
My first amp was a Bandit when I was 12...

When I replaced it with what I thought was a better amp, I wanted the Bandit back...

:elvis: