PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Beatle's Son Joins Oasis

PHOENIX
05-11-2004, 07:46 PM
Starrs Collide as Ex-Beatle's Son Joins Oasis

Tue May 11, 9:18 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!

LONDON (Reuters) - The son of ex-Beatle Ringo Starr (news) will drum for the British band Oasis at this year's Glastonbury Festival, says guitarist Noel Gallagher (news).

Gallagher said Zac Starkey was already rehearsing for the three-day mix of mud, music and mayhem in June -- Britain's biggest open-air music event.

"We're not doing ourselves any favors because Zac's first gig will be to 150,000 people," Gallagher told BBC radio's "6 Music News."

"We've known Zac for a while and we asked him if he'd play on a few songs and he said 'yeah,' and he has done and it's been absolutely fantastic," he said.

A spokesman for the band confirmed the move, but declined to comment further.

The band sacked long-term drummer Alan White in January amid rumors they felt he lacked commitment. Gallagher said Starkey would not become a permanent member of the band, which has been widely compared to The Beatles.

Gallagher said the fact that Starkey was not from the style-conscious band's home town of Manchester should not be an obstacle. "He's a good boy. He's got a good haircut... Good shoes, which is important."

Glastonbury was first staged in 1970, when 1,500 hippies paid one pound each to hear a handful of bands including Marc Bolan (news) and T-Rex.

rustoffa
05-11-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Glastonbury was first staged in 1970, when 1,500 hippies paid one pound each to hear a handful of bands including Marc Bolan (news) and T-Rex.
THAT is fucking funny.
:D

Panamark
05-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Hell, why dont they grab Julien Lennon while they are at it ?

Don Corleone
05-13-2004, 01:21 PM
Add James McCartney and Dhani Harrison into the mix, and Noel might just have himself a new band.

bonefish
05-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by PHOENIX
Starrs Collide as Ex-Beatle's Son Joins Oasis
Tue May 11, 9:18 AM ET Add Entertainment - Reuters to My Yahoo!
LONDON (Reuters) - The son of ex-Beatle Ringo Starr (news) will drum for the British band Oasis at this year's Glastonbury Festival, says guitarist Noel Gallagher...Ringo's kid Zac Starkey was.
The kid's a big pig. OINK OINK

cwsmith17
05-13-2004, 10:32 PM
Rock On!!

Panamark
05-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by bonefish
The kid's a big pig. OINK OINK

Have you seen him recently. I saw a pic of him about 15 years ago and he was chunky then... Maybe he has lost some now ?

tydhurst
05-25-2004, 09:02 AM
I didn't know Zak drummed. I'd be funny if he didn't, they just got Ringo's son on the off chance, you know!

BrownSound1
05-26-2004, 11:37 AM
I hope he can play drums better than Ringo can. Sorry folks but Ringo sucks donkey balls as a drummer.