PDA

View Full Version : Video 'shows US man beheaded'

Seshmeister
05-11-2004, 09:51 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40142000/jpg/_40142011_203_group_grab.jpg

The victim said he was an American from Philadelphia

An Islamic militant website has shown a video apparently showing the beheading of an American in Iraq.

The video showed five men in headscarves and ski masks cutting off the man's head with a knife.

Moments earlier the victim, bound and dressed in an orange jumpsuit, said he was an American from Philadelphia.

The group, thought to be linked to al-Qaeda, said it was carrying out the killing in retaliation for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers.

The poor-quality tape - shown on the Muntada al-Ansar site - began with the victim sitting on the floor with five masked men behind him.

It was titled "Abu Musab al-Zarqawi shown slaughtering an American".

The CIA is said to be checking to see whether Zarqawi - a senior al-Qaeda operative accused of masterminding multiple bomb attacks against US forces in Iraq - was actually in the video.

Washington vowed to find the killers.

"It shows the true nature of the enemies of freedom," said White House spokesman Scott McClellan.

"They have no regard for the lives of innocent men, women and children. We will pursue those who are responsible and bring them to justice."

However, the victim's father said the US authorities were indirectly to blame for his death for failing to get him safely out of the country.

'Devilish scorn'

The victim identified himself as Nick Berg, a US civilian contractor. His body was found near a highway overpass in Baghdad on Saturday.

Details of Nick's death added to the pain of his grieving family

"My father's name is Michael, my mother's name is Suzanne," the man said on the video. "I have a brother and sister, David and Sarah. I live in... Philadelphia."

One of the masked men read out a statement, saying they had offered to exchange the man for inmates of Abu Ghraib prison but the coalition authorities refused.

"How can a free Muslim sleep well as he sees Islam slaughtered and its dignity bleeding, and the pictures of shame and the news of the devilish scorn of the people of Islam - men and women - in the prison of Abu Ghraib?" he said.

"You will not receive anything from us but coffins after coffins... slaughtered in this way."

The statement also threatened US President George W Bush, saying he would regret the day he stepped into Iraq.

It described Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf as a "traitor agent".

Disappearance

After reading the statement, they pulled the man to the side and put a knife to his neck.

The man screamed as he was killed.

His killers shouted "Allah is great" before holding what appeared to be a head up to the camera.

The 26-year-old Mr Berg, who owned a communications equipment company, was involved in rebuilding antennas in Iraq before he disappeared on 9 April.

But he went missing prior to that, and was later found to have been arrested at an Iraqi checkpoint in Mosul and held in an Iraqi jail with Iraqi prisoners for 13 days, his father told American TV on Tuesday morning, before the video was released.

Michael Berg said the US authorities were indirectly responsible for his death, by failing to secure his release and thereby causing him to miss his flight home on 30 March.

"He would have missed the escalation if they had let him go," he said.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40142000/jpg/_40142399_bergfather-ap-203body.jpg

The Berg family declined further comment after receiving news of the video.

Seshmeister
05-11-2004, 09:54 PM
You can see the video by clicking here! (http://www.consumptionjunction.com/content/detail.asp?ID=34947&type=1&page=1&fav=0)

Warning! It's not for the faint hearted...:(

I wonder if his family will watch it? I suppose you would have to...

FORD
05-11-2004, 10:11 PM
Just out of curiosity.... where did "Al Qaeda" get orange prison jumpsuits?

pete
05-11-2004, 10:21 PM
This is too much.

We have the technology and means to feed and edify the planet.

But the hierchy and the $ people like there position and power.

They like their oil. They like their cheap off-shore labor. The populous everywhere is not considered.

We could end this type of shit.
We never will.
Our 2 part state is a facade.

I'm stunned - I can't think straight.

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FORD
Just out of curiosity.... where did "Al Qaeda" get orange prison jumpsuits?

Where did you get your size 44 jeans ??

lucky wilbury
05-11-2004, 10:29 PM
i'll say what i said over the daniel pearl video: don't include a link and don't give them the pubilcity.

ELVIS
05-11-2004, 11:24 PM
A doo doo daa doo doo haa doo dee daa doo doo...

Cut off head doo doo daa daa...

Fuck those muslim extremist bastards...

Shoot 'em.. sodomize 'em.. torture 'em.. burn 'em...

I don't care...

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I saw it...

Big deal.. he's dead now...

redblkwht
05-12-2004, 12:26 AM
I say we go there & kill em all..............................................

Ally_Kat
05-12-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
I saw it...

Big deal.. he's dead now...

well that's a great attitude :rolleyes:

FORD
05-12-2004, 01:54 AM
Muslim extremist bastards huh?

Sorry, but this shit stinks to high Heaven, and this ain't "conspiracy nut bullshit".

1) Rogue terrorists don't stock orange prison jumpsuits which are common in US prisons..

2) Very few Arab/Muslims are 6 feet tall or better. Osama is the only one that comes to mind as being exceptionally tall. Even fewer of them have beer bellies.

3) This is just a guess, but how many people comfortable with 12 century culture wear tennis shoes.

Something is very wrong with this picture, and I'm not referring to merely the act itself.

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 06:10 AM

1) Rogue terrorists don't stock orange prison jumpsuits which are common in US prisons..

Here we go...:rolleyes:

2) Very few Arab/Muslims are 6 feet tall or better. Osama is the only one that comes to mind as being exceptionally tall. Even fewer of them have beer bellies.

Now you are lying...

3) This is just a guess, but how many people comfortable with 12 century culture wear tennis shoes.

..and a stupid guess at that...

Something is very wrong with this picture, and I'm not referring to merely the act itself.

Get some sleep Mr. Conspiracy...

:elvis:

BigBadBrian
05-12-2004, 11:22 AM
Muslim extremist bastards huh?

Sorry, but this shit stinks to high Heaven, and this ain't "conspiracy nut bullshit".

FORD, you're grasping at straws here. Your hate has blinded you. You can't think straight. Seek help immediately. :gulp:

Jesus Christ
05-12-2004, 11:48 AM
There is none so blind as he who will not see.....

alexpgrimes
05-12-2004, 01:08 PM
We need to teach these fuckers a lesson. Need to stop trying to be so politically correct. They only understand one thing. Violence. We need to go in there and kill everything that moves.

alexpgrimes
05-12-2004, 01:10 PM
How many people died from the atomic bomb??? No one seemed to care about that.

DLR'sCock
05-12-2004, 02:24 PM
this is a pretty horrible thing to do...

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 02:28 PM
Probably not as bad as invading Iraq.. right ??

alexpgrimes
05-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Kill all those fuckers..

FORD
05-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Why are the BCE and the media whores lying about Berg being in the custody of the BCE occupational government in Iraq?

United States District Court
Eastern District of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia)
CIVIL DOCKET FOR CASE #: 2:04-cv-01497-MAM

BERG et al v. RUMSFELD
Assigned to: HONORABLE MARY A. MCLAUGHLIN
Referred to:
Demand: $
Lead Docket: None
Related Cases: None
Case in other court: None
Cause: 28:2241 Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus (federal)
Date Filed: 04/05/04
Jury Demand: None
Nature of Suit: 530 Habeas Corpus (General)
Jurisdiction: Federal Question

Petitioner
-----------------------
NICHOLAS EVAN BERG, BY AND THROUGH represented by ALFRED A. GOLLATZ
GOLLATZ, GRIFFIN & EWING
213 WEST MINER STREET
P.O. BOX 796
WEST CHESTER, PA 19381-0796
610-692-9116
Fax : 610-692-9177
Email: agollatz@ggelaw.com
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

MICHAEL S. BERG represented by ALFRED A. GOLLATZ
(See above for address)
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

SUZANNE CAROL BERG, AS NEXT FRIENDS OF NICHOLAS EVAN BERG represented by ALFRED A. GOLLATZ
(See above for address)
LEAD ATTORNEY
ATTORNEY TO BE NOTICED

V.

Respondent
-----------------------
DONALD H. RUMSFELD, HONORABLE, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE

Filing Date # Docket Text
04/05/2004 1 PETITION for Writ of Habeas Corpus ( Filing fee $ 5 receipt number 903782.), filed by MICHAEL S. BERG, NICHOLAS EVAN BERG, SUZANNE CAROL BERG.(ss, ) (Entered: 04/05/2004)
04/09/2004 2 NOTICE TO MARK MATTER DISCONTINUED AS MOOT by MICHAEL S. BERG, NICHOLAS EVAN BERG, SUZANNE CAROL BERG As To HONORABLE DONALD RUMSFELD, CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE. (jl, ) (Entered: 04/09/2004)

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 04:52 PM
They're not...

FORD
05-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes they are. Now they're claiming Berg was never in BCE custody, but was held by the Iraqi police.

(Of course isn't Bernie Kerik in charge of the "Iraqi" police these days?)

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 05:21 PM
He was held by Iraqi police...

flappo
05-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by lucky wilbury
i'll say what i said over the daniel pearl video: don't include a link and don't give them the pubilcity.

..i agree 101%

..i'm disappointed in you , sesh

:(

Dr. Love
05-12-2004, 08:42 PM
I go away for a few days and god damn I'm pissed. Why the fuck do we stockpile nuclear weapons if we don't ever use them? These fucks are going to push and push until they get slapped down.

ELVIS
05-12-2004, 09:06 PM
They are about to be put in their place...

Mr GrumpyAss
05-12-2004, 09:10 PM
I just watched that video. Those sick fuckers! And they expect the world to feel sorry for them! No mercy man, the U.S is dealing with people that have been fighting sense the beginning of time, they don't care so why should we. I also would like to point out that invading Iraq was the right thing to do. Why wait for the snake to bite before you blow it's head off.Those of you who think we should have left them alone,would have been the same people crying and screaming for war if Saddam ordered a small scale nuclear, or biological weapon to be detonated in a populated area,or a person you cared about was on a plane taken over and piloted into a building. Why wait for something like that to happen again before we do anything about it. Now I know that there are some Iraqi people who are good people, and it's unfortunate that they are an unwilling part of this war. Time for the U.S to pick it up a notch,and make cowards like on that video pay dearly for there acts.

Big Troubles
05-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Nice post MrGA. Im still against war. But hell you deserve a vote. Why oh WHY, is no one voting for you? Demand your votes!

Elvis? C'mon.

ashstralia
05-12-2004, 09:21 PM
nice to meet you, mr grumpy ass.
here's a vote.

Big Troubles
05-12-2004, 09:23 PM
awe, you so sweet for my bud. (make sure he returns the favour!) :D

Mr GrumpyAss
05-12-2004, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys.

ashstralia
05-12-2004, 09:40 PM
hey, if he's your mate bt, he must be cool!!!!!!

Big Troubles
05-12-2004, 09:47 PM
he's very cool. But the sad and shameful part is that he's more of a fan of Sperm guzzlin' Frenzy Hagar than he is of Dave. I believe he said something like "yeah but Dave talks, he doesn't sing" Cringing yet? Yeah me too. Lets try our damndest to convert him shall we? ;)