X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ellyllions
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Help me understand this please...

Why does Code Pink protest outside Walter Reed every Friday night?

They call it a vigil but the videos on YouTube show that it's a protest.

As a mother of a son who is dying to be a Marine, I would be horrified if I knew he was in that hospital wounded and seeing that once a week every week. That's just not the place to protest.

But I genuinely want to understand.

Here's the link to the "call-up"...

ONGOING: WALTER REED VIGIL
    Every Friday 7-9 pm
    7150 Georgia Avenue, NW (at Horseshoe, between Dahlia and Elder)
    Love the troops - Hate the war. This vigil has been controversial because it is sometimes misunderstood. The purpose of this vigil is to raise awareness within our community and among the media that the most injured soldiers are brought to Walter Reed to be treated and should not be forgotten.
    "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

I'm not defending them, but it seems to me that the paragraph you quoted answers the question you asked.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• DEMON CUNT
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Nov 2004

We live in a big country and sometimes we have to endure how others choose to exercise their freedoms.
      Banned 01/09/09 | Avatar | Aiken | Spammy | Extreme | Pump | Regular | The View | Toot

Comment

Working...