PDA

View Full Version : New Metallica Material From Jam Session with Rick Rubin!!

WARF
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIGWDM9tSJo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nIGWDM9tSJo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Ellyllions
09-24-2007, 05:13 PM
It sounds like they're fucking with Lars.

Steve Savicki
09-24-2007, 05:25 PM
Rubin produces all kind of music right? From the Beastie Boys to Johnny Cash?

bueno bob
09-24-2007, 06:36 PM
Doesn't sound too bad. I would stop short of saying it's better than MoP before hearing the full album though...

Of course, the fact that it sounds better owes more to Rick Rubin than it does to Metallica...

Diamondjimi
09-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Rubin produces all kind of music right? From the Beastie Boys to Johnny Cash?

That is correct. Where ya been , under a rock?;)

Yo, whutup Steve ?

Antman
09-24-2007, 09:32 PM
Rick Rubin has turned them into Slayer.

WARF
09-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Here's more from the Jam Session with Rick Rubin.

Very Heavy!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MK8QVw5wte4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MK8QVw5wte4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

DrMaddVibe
09-24-2007, 09:55 PM
They'll fuck it up with shitty lyrics and poor singing.

Hardrock69
09-24-2007, 10:34 PM
They need to get heavy again. All that reload crap was bullshit.

However, every band who had an album produced by Rick Rubin did good numbers with it.

At least, most of the albums I have seen produced by him have done very well.

Some say he has a magic touch, but his secret is not a secret. He has said again and again (and you hear this said about him by all the bands and artists he has produced) that he wants to record an album that reflects the REAL artist.

Shit, the Johnny Cash albums got at least 2 Grammy nominations, with one win I can remember.

He has the right approach, I think.

Yeah, their needs to be good lyrics, etc. but it is about time Metallica stopped fucking around with that pussy Rob Rock and get a REAL producer.
:cool:

Steve Savicki
09-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by bueno bob
Of course, the fact that it sounds better owes more to Rick Rubin than it does to Metallica...
Somehow, I thought that comment would come up.

binnie
09-25-2007, 03:50 AM
God I hope its them!

I'm sure that Rubin will pull a decent record out of them, it's never going to be as good as it was when they were 25, but it could be good nonetheless. However, I like all eras of Metallica.

As for the vocals, Lars has said that they are now playing in a different key to make James voice sound better: that was certianyl evidenced on the recent bout of summer tours, where he sounded better than he has done in years - no "melodic" vocals!

bueno bob
09-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Well, in honesty the only apprehension I have is, of course, the absence of lyrics and vocals. James has been rather...eh..."melodic" about his singing approach and lyrics for a while now, and I miss the aggression of old.

Musically, yes, it does sound good - but Metallica used to be, back in their day, examples of the peak of songwriting for speed metal, to the point where they made ALL of their clones (Heathen, et al) look bad by comparison.

Nowadays, though, there are so many other bands out there doing it just as well (and in many cases, better), Metallica just kinda falls into the pack, you know?

But fuck yeah, I'll take it for what it is - if it's a good album, hell, I'll be the first one to say so. And from what I've heard of THAT, so far I'm actually pretty happy.

Thank you Rick!

binnie
09-25-2007, 04:12 AM

Thank you Rick!

He's certianly going to have a lot to do with it: what they've needed since the mid-90s in someone there who can just say "that's a shit idea" or "that's pushing the box too far". For my money Bob Rock embraced the band's desire to experiment too openly, and as a result they moved TOO far away from the core of their sound.

I think with St Anger, for all of its flaws, they at least embraced metal again and seemed proud to be a metal band - the problem their was that the desire to experiment came out in the production.

WARF
09-25-2007, 11:41 AM
I just say fire James Hetfield!

I'm sick of watching his receeding hairline... and listening to his fucking yodels!!!

binnie
09-25-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by WARF

I'm sick of watching his receeding hairline... and listening to his fucking yodels!!!

:D

I'd like to see anyone try and fire James Hetfield, especially a little squirt like Lars!

WARF
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I also found new metallica pics of James Hetfield in the studio lab working on his vocals...

http://www.hal-pc.org/~tnewell/images/2005-08-01/ricola.jpg

bastardog
09-25-2007, 02:51 PM
I hope they finally do an album.......but after 19 years without a record(exactly since 1988) I'm not expecting anything spectatular.

Jimmy Jingles
09-25-2007, 08:58 PM
As much as I would love for 'Tallica to sound like this...this is NOT them.

No way Lars can drum like that anymore.

bueno bob
09-26-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by binnie
:D

I'd like to see anyone try and fire James Hetfield, especially a little squirt like Lars!

Lars has always said that if James quit, the first person he'd call is Glenn Danzig.

That'd make for...something... :confused:

bueno bob
09-26-2007, 02:58 AM
I think with St Anger, for all of its flaws, they at least embraced metal again and seemed proud to be a metal band - the problem their was that the desire to experiment came out in the production.

It wasn't really so much the production that sucked, I don't think...it was Lars' choice of his percussion for the recording sessions...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/catering-pots.jpg

MERRYKISSMASS2U
09-26-2007, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by WARF

God, the yodels are horrible.

Mustaine sometimes sounds like a squirrel, though :D

ELVIS
09-26-2007, 05:32 AM
God I hope its them!

It's them, but they can hardly play this stuff, especially Lars...

That is WAY rusty...

:elvis:

Carmine
09-26-2007, 06:22 AM
It wasn't really so much the production that sucked, I don't think...it was Lars' choice of his percussion for the recording sessions...

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/catering-pots.jpg

LMAO, right on Bob!

Overall, I liked St. A, but those pingin' drums sucked.

If this IS THEM here, holy shit....get that album out now!

binnie
09-27-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by ELVIS
It's them, but they can hardly play this stuff, especially Lars...

That is WAY rusty...

:elvis:

Practice makes perfect!

bueno bob
09-28-2007, 11:39 AM
That's true. By the time they get it rehearsed, put to tape, and Rick puts a little spit-shine on it, it should be fine...

Padre Atilio
09-28-2007, 05:50 PM
omg its not them, there arent any vocals... i have an album called St. Anger Demos... complete fake , dont believe this bullshit.

Britney Spears
09-29-2007, 12:08 AM
But what about my new album? Should I get Rick Rubin to produce?

Padre Atilio
09-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Britney Spears

take care of your self first :)

binnie
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Britney Spears

Yeah, and the video shuld be produced by Ron Jeremy :D

bueno bob
10-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Well those are all splendid ideas...