PDA

View Full Version : Magic

Jack68
09-28-2007, 08:29 PM
I really think its the best sounding album since the river.Great mix on it as well as diverse acoustic stuff but not too much.I think the pearl jam guy produced it all i have is the burned cd so i9m not sure i might of read it.Anyway 12 tracks and all are either good or excellent if you are into that type of thing.I think its his best work since the river if the river was one disc.Ok fire away....
radio nowhere
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4Z_GOnz6Cc

Shaun Ponsonby
09-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Heard Radio Nowhere on the radio a few times...really looking forward to it.

I really only like the E Street Band, though...wasn't really interested in the Seeger Sessions or Devil's and Dust...

Though I really liked The Rising.

Hope he does a second leg of the tour next year...I imagine he will.

thome
09-29-2007, 11:17 AM
Bruce is all good and his band is top notch, but still the best part of hearing Bruce is listening to Max.

Trully one of the greatest drummers ever to pick up a stick.

The speedy fast jazz set up Max uses is what every punk drummer should be set at.

I personally need big rock sound, but Bruce is more than just a listening post on the way up and down the dial.

For me.

I have allways enjoyed the addition of brass in rock, certain styles of rock.Bruce applies this better than anyone.

FORD
09-29-2007, 02:53 PM
I liked Bruce's recent folkie stuff, but the E Street Band is always the best musical conduit for The Boss. Looking forward to this one. And yes, Brendan O'Brien was the producer, last I heard.

Shaun Ponsonby
09-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Yea...Read a review that said that stated that fact.

Diamondjimi
09-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Could'nt.............care.................less.... ..........:rolleyes:

Shaun Ponsonby
09-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, then...fuck off and don't bother posting in the thread :)

Shaun Ponsonby
10-02-2007, 05:29 AM
Favourite track..."Livin' In The Future"

Kinda reminds me of "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out"

And, lyrically, much more romancticism than there was on "The Rising". Much more of what you expect from the Jeresy Shore/Asbury Park groups.

Diamondjimi
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
Well, then...fuck off and don't bother posting in the thread :)

Whatever..........Katie...;)

Tiki-Tom
10-03-2007, 03:02 AM
To hell with the "boss" :rolleyes: and his sorry constipated lookin' ass. Jeezus, that fucker can be rough on the ears. Jersey really should try to keep their overflow of feces from seeping to far away from the state.

FORD
10-03-2007, 03:25 AM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwcgoUYpBF8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MwcgoUYpBF8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Diamondjimi
10-03-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiki-Tom
To hell with the "boss" :rolleyes: and his sorry constipated lookin' ass. Jeezus, that fucker can be rough on the ears. Jersey really should try to keep their overflow of feces from seeping to far away from the state.

:lol:

Jack68
10-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by diamondjimi
:lol:

funny.Overflowing feces is classic.nice work.

Warham
10-08-2007, 11:21 PM
I've only started listening to this finally, and it's excellent so far, at least through the first half of the disc.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-10-2007, 08:37 AM
I think the first half was stronger than the second, not that the second was bad.