Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Ultimate Review Thread - Take Notes

FOR IMMEDIATE FUCKING RELEASE
    SEPTEMBER 30, 2007

THE QUEST FOR THE MIGHTY VAN HALEN

Your Friendly Neighborhood Webmaster Searches For the Mighty Van Halen in Greensboro, North Carolina--September 29, 2007

(A.P.) Hell, Mich. - Roth Army World Headquarters

***DISCLAIMER*** There are many people on this board, and other boards, who have issues with this tour, including me. For the general population, the #1 reason and excuse at why this tour isn't legitimate is because Michael Anthony isn't there. I think I speak for EVERYONE in saying that Michael Anthony probably should be here. Bottom line though? Who gives a shit. I've said it before, and I'll say it again...anyone who SAYS THAT THEY LIKE VAN HALEN, OR STARTED TO LISTEN TO VAN HALEN, OR CONTINUED TO LISTEN TO VAN HALEN, is because of the bass player, is a lying sack of shit. DO YOU HEAR ME PEOPLE...BULLSHIT! So, if Van Halen performs without MA, it's not legitimate? Did you not support David Lee Roth for 23 years WITHOUT MICHAEL ANTHONY? WAS THAT NOT LEGITIMATE? Oh, I get it, it's not Van Halen WITHOUT MICHAEL ANTHONY? IS THAT IT? So over the past 23 fucking years, the 'Dave IS VH' motto most have taken is bullshit? Over the past 23 fucking years, the 'Dave and Ed is VH' motto most have taken is bullshit? Get off the fucking high horse...how about that...because that's fucking ridiculous. Go back to the early 1970's Pasadena, take Michael Anthony off the VH roster, and get another bass player with moderate singing skills, and Van Halen STILL BECOMES THE MONSTER THAT IT WAS. No, I'm not discounting MA. Yeah, he's the working man's bass player, and was the undertone to the Van Halen sound. With that being said...HE'S THE FUCKING BASS PLAYER. He should be there, but he's not...get over yourselves. Oh, and that's never been my reason anyways. It's bogus...period. You know what...it's funny...I never heard the term reunion spoken last night. I don't see it as a reunion...and neither did anyone else. I saw it as Dave's return.

So those of you that BACKED AND SAID THAT THE HAGAR SHAM SHOW was something to be considered...BUT NOW ARE ANTI-VH BECAUSE MIKE ISN'T THERE can shut the fuck up. You know who you are, and it's good to see the true colors coming out. Have fun watching the fat rocker performing in front of his 10 best friends...for the rest of his life. Oh, and those of you that are saying that Dave 'sold out' for this show SIMPLY BECAUSE THE FREEBIES JUST WEREN'T THERE...grow the fuck up.

No, the reason that I doubted this tour is the belief that Dave was being controlled by the Brothers Grimm. I immediately took what I still believe was the correct stance to take...'THE FUCK YOU' STANCE. Over the years, there has been so many fucking almosts, that I was hoping for a never. At this stage of the game, I pretty much figured that Roth was doing whatever the Van Halen's wanted him to do. Yeah, call Roth a 'VH Puppet' if you will.

So, I decided two things..

1. I was going to spend the money to go to a show.

2. I wasn't going to let ANYTHING in the Army taint my opinion, or taint my take on the show.

Most of you will notice I disappeared for the better part of four months. That was on purpose. I didn't want ANYTHING to taint my impressions of this reunion, or the show. I went in as a pessimist...and a fucking vocal one. I can be no different than that. I didn't SEE the presser...just heard some comments about it...and some snippets. Never the whole thing. I didn't watch any youtube of the rehearsals...I didn't watch anything about anything.

If the show was good or bad...I wanted to judge it on my own...and not on what others had predisposed me too. It was the only way to figure it out.

Thus...my Quest for the Mighty Van Halen Began... ***End of Disclaimer***

Part 1: The Trip

Part 2: Meeting Fairwrning

Part 3: Big Dogs

[color=dark red]Part 4: Red Rocker Rev-o-What-The-Fuck?[/color]

Part 5: The Parking Lot

Part 6: The Shirt

Part 7: Pre-Game

[color=sky blue]Part 8: The Show[/color]

Part 8a: The FUCKING Show

[color=royal blue]Part 8b: The MOTHERFUCKING Show[/color]

Part 8C: The WAWAZAT MOTHERFUCKING Show

Coming Soon: Whatever the Fuck We Want
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Trip
    The Quest: Part 1

I had decided to attend a show for two reasons.

1. Roth was performing, and I've seen a show (usually more) on nearly every tour, mini-tour or what not, since I've been able to see tours, and I didn't plan to stop now, and...

2. I needed to see if this was going to be the train wreck that I thought. David Lee Roth as a 'puppet' wasn't something I wanted to see, but I needed to see the truth, and not some fucking flim-flam from people that are basing it off of youtube and heresay. I had heard or seen, essentially nothing about this tour, other than ridiculous proclamations from folks that have never seen VH saying that it was a GIVEN that this show would be good.

Sorry...I don't buy that even AFTER seeing the show. Anyone who can toss away 20+ years of bad blood is just plain fucking idiotic.

Anyways...I found out a few things on the trip from Va.
    • Dave spoke nearly 90% of the time at the presser. I took this as a good sign. The last time that the four were together in front of a presser, Ed nearly got into a punch Dave in the dick party because of his fucking hip. It was obvious the battle for supremacy of the band would continue then. Dave was the spokesman, and the rest of the band seemed okay with that. That was a plus.
    • According to Va, there were several shirts the VH was selling that looked like Dave had his hands on, which put Dave in a marketing slot...like the past. Another good sign that Dave wasn't a puppet.
    • The reviews of the show were all positive in some form or fashion. Dave was solid, although not moving a lot, and that Roth was below his old register. Ed and Dave seemed to be smiling and happy. I was thinking the same thing, so what. You can say it, but it doesn't MEAN it. Show me the money.
    • Va believed that Ed didn't kick Mike out for any other reason than the fact that he wanted his son in. I immediately disagreed with this. Obviously, I didn't think I could prove or disprove this.

Yeah, there was more to the trip, in our VH discussion. I had seen the setlist...but didn't really talk about it.

We talked a bit about some of the Army members that would be at the show...and was looking forward to meeting a few. I've made it a policy to stay away from meet and greets aside from a few folks that I've known from the past 10 years on the net...but if there was ever a time to do it...

It was during a Roth-fronted VH show.

THE POJO QUEST WILL cunt-inue HERE...COMING SHORTLY...KEEP REFRESHING...EVEN AFTER YOU SEE SHIT POSTED...

I'LL KEEP ADDING...UNTIL I RUN OUT OF SHIT TO TALK ABOUT.
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Carmine
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess that you had a good time last night?

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Christ..the front page is gonna be huge....

Comment

• Combat Ready
          Foot Soldier
          • Mar 2007

Ok. But--Didn't YOU proclaim that this tour would suck?

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a little revisionist history here?

Better late than never....I guess. Never too late to jump on the bandwagon.

Comment

• Fairwrning
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Combat Ready

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a lttle revisionist history here?

Oh Fuck ..this is gonna get ugly folks..buckle up..

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

The only thing I saw Pojo say was that in his opinion, this tour was 10 years too late...
              Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

Something like----The tour will "suck ass---That is all?" Wrong---This tour obviously does not and will not suck---Just the opposite. So, now we move on to a little revisionist history here?

Who the fuck are you?

I could end it there...but let me retort...

1. ANY 'Van Halen' fan that professed that this tour was/is a fucking lock going in is an assclown...plain and simple. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that Edward Van Halen has sounded like complete dogshit for the past 10+ years is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that it's been 10+ years since David Lee Roth performed in front of 20,000+ is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that this tour looked like a puppetmaster view from the Brothers Grimm IS JUST FOOKIN' FOOLING THEMSELVES. So yeah Mr. Brilliant...I was pessimistic. I've fucking earned that right.

2. BANDWAGON. YOU...ARE CALLING ME A VAN HALEN/ROTH BANDWAGONER. Dude...do us all a favor and shut the flying fuck up. 8 years ago, when I was hear helping Sarge START a fucking site for Roth, was I a bandwagoner then? When I helped revamp and update this site for every fucking fan like me...was I a bandwagoner then? When I went to every fucking show within a day's trip to see Roth...was I a bandwagoner then? When I liked the fucking idiotic bluegrass bullshit simply because it put him on a national stage...was I a fucking bandwagoner then? When I spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the past 25 years on this band in some form or fashion...was I a bandwagoner then?

Yeah...guess not...

So pardon fucking me...if I have an opinion that actually RINGS FUCKING TRUE...and I'm not walking around like someone has fucking blown flowery potpourri up my fucking asshole...

I helped fucking BUILD the fucking wagon this band pulls behind it...

just like everyone else who has gone to a show, or spent a percentage of their life's wage has...

period...

Comment

• Combat Ready
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                  Who the fuck are you?

I could end it there...but let me retort...

1. ANY 'Van Halen' fan that professed that this tour was/is a fucking lock going in is an assclown...plain and simple. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that Edward Van Halen has sounded like complete dogshit for the past 10+ years is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that it's been 10+ years since David Lee Roth performed in front of 20,000+ is just plain ridiculous. Anyone that DOESN'T TAKE INTO ACCOUNT that this tour looked like a puppetmaster view from the Brothers Grimm IS JUST FOOKIN' FOOLING THEMSELVES. So yeah Mr. Brilliant...I was pessimistic. I've fucking earned that right.

2. BANDWAGON. YOU...ARE CALLING ME A VAN HALEN/ROTH BANDWAGONER. Dude...do us all a favor and shut the flying fuck up. 8 years ago, when I was hear helping Sarge START a fucking site for Roth, was I a bandwagoner then? When I helped revamp and update this site for every fucking fan like me...was I a bandwagoner then? When I went to every fucking show within a day's trip to see Roth...was I a bandwagoner then? When I liked the fucking idiotic bluegrass bullshit simply because it put him on a national stage...was I a fucking bandwagoner then? When I spent literally THOUSANDS of dollars over the past 25 years on this band in some form or fashion...was I a bandwagoner then?

Yeah...guess not...

So pardon fucking me...if I have an opinion that actually RINGS FUCKING TRUE...and I'm not walking around like someone has fucking blown flowery potpourri up my fucking asshole...

I helped fucking BUILD the fucking wagon this band pulls behind it...

just like everyone else who has gone to a show, or spent a percentage of their life's wage has...

period...
                  Well--I was just stating the obvious Mr. Pojo. Your opinion that the tour would "Suck Ass---That is all", was, and is, in my opinion dead wrong. Nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Well--I was just stating the obvious Mr. Pojo. Your opinion that the tour would "Suck Ass---That is all", was, and is, in my opinion dead wrong. Nothing more and nothing less.
                    Alright...

I was dead wrong...what part of which show that you saw are you basing this off of?

Comment

• Lqskdiver
                      Sniper
                      • Jun 2004

Julius Jones...touchdown Dallas!!

Comment

• Combat Ready
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        Alright...

I was dead wrong...what part of which show that you saw are you basing this off of?
                        Sorry to say that they have not made it out West just yet. I've got cheap tix for two (Sac and Portland) shows and 5 stars for Seattle.

I'm basing my opinion on the rehersal clips as well as reviews from the Army, and other sources.

That and a simple reality of life----A tour with ROTH---Never---EVER sucks! Never has----Never will! The Mighty Van Halen Lives!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

That and a simple reality of life----A tour with ROTH---Never---EVER sucks! Never has----Never will! The Mighty Van Halen Lives!
                          Yeah...okay...I'll let Dave know that that show he played in Corry fucking Pennsylvania...

in front of about 100 screaming fans...

wasn't as bad as he fucking thought...

This is the shit I'm talking about. I'm glad you have a blind belief that Roth does nothing wrong.

I don't, and won't...ever.

In other words...I'm dosed in reality...

so sue me...

Comment

• Combat Ready
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2007

Sorry to say that they have not made it out West just yet. I've got cheap tix for two (Sac and Portland) shows and 5 stars for Seattle.

I'm basing my opinion on the rehersal clips as well as reviews from the Army, and other sources.

Exhibit A

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                              Veteran
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                              Oh Fuck ..this is gonna get ugly folks..buckle up..
                              LMMFAO!!
                              Trollidillo-T

Comment

Working...