PDA

View Full Version : Rollins on the reunion

fe_lung
10-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Had a chat with Henry Rollins last night about bands that tour without new material (he's against it - hence no Rollins Band tour till they feel like doing a new album) and I couldn't help asking what he thought of the VH tour (Henry's a fan all the way). He said it's likely a swan song, but he's totally on board. "I got my ticket for LA - David Lee was kind enough to put me on the guest list".... Lucky bastard!

Hummarstra
10-02-2007, 12:36 AM
Cool dude, but his band's music is at it's very best is diarreah.

sadaist
10-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
Cool dude, but his band's music is at it's very best is diarreah.

I thought he was just doing "spoken word" tours now.

Baby's On Fire
10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by sadaist
I thought he was just doing "spoken word" tours now.

So is Dave.

Antman
10-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I actually dig "Nice"

bru87tr
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
So is Dave.

STFU bitch!!!

go watch tv in your homo "skin tight" bathing suit.

you obviously dont like music. what you doing here ?

Nickdfresh
10-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Retard's On Fire is just angry cause he's too stupid to figure out how to actually hear the concerts...

VAiN
10-02-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by bru87tr
STFU bitch!!!

go watch tv in your homo "skin tight" bathing suit.

you obviously dont like music. what you doing here ?

+1 - fuckwad.

rustoffa
10-02-2007, 07:42 PM
It's no secret that Rollins is a fan of Van Halen. He actually appeared on an episode of Roth Radio! That would explain being put on the guest list. Greg Ginn loved the Van Halen as well, but never appeared on Roth Radio. I'd be willing to bet he's not on the guest list. Henry and Greg could pontificate about their own swan song...if they chose to.

The last time I saw Henry Rollins, he had long hair. I had long hair as well, and hit him in the face with a full cup of beer!!! Go find the cuntplete story....it's heelarious.
:cool:

ELVIS
10-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Good thing we have Rollin's approval...:rolleyes:

I'd rather hear what hagar has to say...

:elvis:

Freewheelin
10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
When reached for comment while under the table in M.A.'s dressing room, Haggar was quoted as saying" Mmmph mpph sluurp mmm thanks Mike !"

fe_lung
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by rustoffa
It's no secret that Rollins is a fan of Van Halen. He actually appeared on an episode of Roth Radio! That would explain being put on the guest list. Greg Ginn loved the Van Halen as well, but never appeared on Roth Radio. I'd be willing to bet he's not on the guest list. Henry and Greg could pontificate about their own swan song...if they chose to.

The last time I saw Henry Rollins, he had long hair. I had long hair as well, and hit him in the face with a full cup of beer!!! Go find the cuntplete story....it's heelarious.
:cool:

He's also interviewed Dave for his book "Do I Come Here Often" and played the spanish version of Yankee Rose (and pimped the album as a must have) on his radio show.

Halen High
10-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

As John McEnroe would say "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

Halen High
10-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung
He's also interviewed Dave for his book "Do I Come Here Often" and played the spanish version of Yankee Rose (and pimped the album as a must have) on his radio show.

I think he devoted an entire chapter on CVH and DLR. On Sammy joining VH, he described Hagar as "the biggest turn-off known to man", or something like that.

I like some of Henry's stuff. The video for 'Liar' is hilarious!

ELVIS
10-02-2007, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Halen High
As John McEnroe would say "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

Yeah i'm serious...

BlimpyCHIMP™
10-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Greg Ginn I'd be willing to bet he's not on the guest list. :cool:

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER

BC!!
GOOD BET HES A ASHOLE

rustoffa
10-03-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by fe_lung

What about the heavy metal album countdown on VH1? When they got to VHI, Rollins weighed in. "Back in the Black Flag days, the band would listen to heavy albums...for inspiration. That first Van Halen record weighed a ton."

Something like that.....dunno why their foray into metal sounded like Black Sabbath. Easier to try and replicate??
:confused:

diamondsgirl
10-03-2007, 07:49 PM
I always enjoyed hearing what Rollins had to say. Pretty well-spoken guy. :cool:

ace diamond
10-04-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Freewheelin
When reached for comment while under the table in M.A.'s dressing room, Haggar was quoted as saying" Mmmph mpph sluurp mmm thanks Mike !"

LMFAO.........I JUST SPAT BEER ON MY CPU MONITOR........OH, MAN....IT'S COMIN' OUT MY NOSE.........FUCK THAT WAS FUCKING FUNNY AS FUCK!!!!!!!!

I ALWAYS KNEW THAT:donkey:

fe_lung
10-04-2007, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by chan_bkny
COOL! I have been thinking to write to HR asking if he would attend any of the shows, knowing that he's a big fan of CVH.

On a side note, you're from VA. I know Rollins did a couple of shows in VA recently. Is this where you met The Man?

Yup, after the show in Norfolk. He hung out for pictures and whatnot, told Black Flag stories and shit - very cool guy.

FORD
10-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS

Tell me you did NOT just compare Henry Rollins to the Cheddar Peddler :mad:

FORD
10-04-2007, 11:46 PM
What about the heavy metal album countdown on VH1? When they got to VHI, Rollins weighed in. "Back in the Black Flag days, the band would listen to heavy albums...for inspiration. That first Van Halen record weighed a ton."

Something like that.....dunno why their foray into metal sounded like Black Sabbath. Easier to try and replicate??
:confused:

That's just the way Ginn's guitar tone was. All that glorious distortion and feedback, just like Iommi.

Of course when Van HALEN 1 came out, Henry wasn't even in Black Flag yet, but he's always said it was one of his favorite albums, and in fact described it as "so punk it made Johnny Rotten look like a hairdresser".

And as much as I admire Mr. Lydon's work, I had to laugh at that comment.

rustoffa
10-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by FORD
That's just the way Ginn's guitar tone was. All that glorious distortion and feedback, just like Iommi.

That "My War" riff reminds me of "Light Up The Sky!"
:D

FORD
10-05-2007, 02:36 AM
That "My War" riff reminds me of "Light Up The Sky!"
:D

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7nJqT1YBHdI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7nJqT1YBHdI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Rat Salade
10-07-2007, 08:28 PM
who give a fuck what that fucking asshole thinks. he making new music? no

he can run his tounge up the crack of my ass.

FORD
10-07-2007, 09:41 PM
You're on a VH/DLR board, and you're complaining about another artist who hasn't released new music in a while??

Isn't it Ironic, Alanis?

DavidLeeNatra
10-09-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by FORD
You're on a VH/DLR board, and you're complaining about another artist who hasn't released new music in a while??

Isn't it Ironic, Alanis?

:lol:

bueno bob
10-21-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Rat Salade
who give a fuck what that fucking asshole thinks. he making new music? no

he can run his tounge up the crack of my ass.

Who are you, again? :confused:

TheRothMan
10-22-2007, 12:08 AM
Who the fuck is Henry Rollins?

naturochem
10-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by TheRothMan
Who the fuck is Henry Rollins?

Ever hear of "Black Flag"?

Rollins band?

http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/news/images/r/Rollins_Henry/henryrollins180x180.jpg

DLR'sCock
10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
I played a gig with Rollins Band in 91 and I know Sim and Andrew, and I was lucky enough to jam with Sim Cain once. You guys should check out Rollins' show on IFC.

binnie
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
Rollins and Roth have a lot in common: they are both very witty and write great lyrics. The difference being that Dave is an optimist, and Rollins isn't!

binnie
10-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Rollins not an optimist?! You mean when he says things such as "The pursuit of happiness with a woman is a waste of time (as quoted from Jane Magazine)?"

He never struck me as not being optimistic. In fact, I used to (and still do) look to his words and music whenever I'm down in the dumps. They give me a kick in the ass, so I can go on dealing with the rest of the world. And as he said, as bad as you think life is, it's still "fucking awesome." Thanks, Rollins! :)

Yeah, his music makes me feel better too, but more because I think he's a kindred spirit - its good to find someone who's as disillusined as I am!

He's not ultra-pessimisitc, but he's nowhere near as optimistic as Dave.

rustoffa
10-22-2007, 11:24 PM
I have to stop now or this will turn into an essay about how much The Man and his work means to me. And in Main is not the place to do it! :)

That right there is candor rarely seen 'round these parts.

This is the main Van Halen and David Lee Roth Discussion Forum. Gives us your views on Classic Van Halen, Roth Solo, any Roth related tour, or Roth Radio.......

You're still in the ballpark dude...thankya!!!!
:)