PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get a hard time about taking pics.?

Diamondjimi
10-02-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a kick ass digi and I plan on snapping like a mofo. I have upper bowl for the 7th and 25 row floors for the 12th.

Anyone had their balls busted by security for takin pics on this tour?

SparkieD
10-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Fuckers scared me into leaving my camera in the car. I'm such a pus. Take the camera in! I know next time, I will.

diamondD
10-02-2007, 07:26 PM
They are looking hot and heavy for cameras. I've gotten that before at a Dave solo show. They were on me in Charlotte about using a camera phone from halfway back. I have read someone post that they took someone's memory stick from them.

I've actually had a video posted on here years ago when Dave walked out on stage and you can see the hand coming at it to take it. lol But it took a lot of talking to get it back after the show.

Ra Power
10-02-2007, 07:55 PM
You know what's funny? I had the 5 star in '04 and I snuck a disposable camera in down my pants (like most others), I didn't want to risk getting a nice camera taken away. Anyway, I was snappity snap-snap-snap all over the place, at the party, at the soundcheck, everywhere. Nothing was said to me until the backstage tour when I tried to take pics of the equipment that said "Van Halen" on it. A big black guy in a sport jacket came up to me and tersely said "NO PICTURES". OK....

m_dixon1984
10-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Don't laugh but I was at the ACC for the 2004 VanGaygar horror and security wasn't checking anyone.

My buddy had a 4 megapixel camera hanging down his pant leg but he might as well have had in his hands.

Take that for what it's worth.

M

Ra Power
10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Since I'm talking about it, I thought I'd share a few photos. I'm using my TV as a monitor right now, so I don't have easy access to my scanner or I'd share them all. The first is Mike and Al's autographs on the "Best Of" CD. The second is Wolfie's on the back of the CD. The third is Mikey during the show. I have pics of the soundcheck, but I'll have to drag my scanner into the living room. And now for the pics:):

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/formattc/cd-1.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/formattc/cdback-1.jpg
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/formattc/Mikey.jpg

Ed:

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n26/formattc/Ed1.jpg

svrwthr
10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Make sure you take a small good digital camera. I have huge one that would never get in. If I were someone taking one in, and getting it in, the flash would have to be turned off so as not to draw attention. I also would take a 128 mb stick as a toss away when they ask for the memory card. Tape the 128 on the back of the camera and if asked to give it up take out the 1-2gb stick and drop on floor while ripping the 128 of the back and handing them the shit 128.

Ra Power
10-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Speaking to the topic of this thread, look at my pics of Mike and Ed. Ed is actually posing for another photog and in the pic of Mike the woman in front of me is taking a photo, in front of god and everybody. ;)

Diamondjimi
10-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by svrwthr
Make sure you take a small good digital camera. I have huge one that would never get in. If I were someone taking one in, and getting it in, the flash would have to be turned off so as not to draw attention. I also would take a 128 mb stick as a toss away when they ask for the memory card. Tape the 128 on the back of the camera and if asked to give it up take out the 1-2gb stick and drop on floor while ripping the 128 of the back and handing them the shit 128.

Great tactic.
I usually make sure the 'ol lady brings a big deep purse and a couple of maxi's in there to throw security off the trail.;)

:cool:

SparkieD
10-02-2007, 10:01 PM
From my vantage point in Charlotte, security didn't give two shits about cameras of any kind. We were in the front row of the lower level, and there were three guards directly in front of us. That's why I'm kicking myself for not carrying mine in. I could've had some first class shots from where I was.

Not only did they not say a word to anybody with a camera, they didn't even care about the weed being burned in close proximity.

BALLYJUNKIE
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
WHY CANT YOU TAKE PICS ? WHAT IS THIS FUCKIN NOTH KOREA .... THIS IS FUCKIN AMERICA ?

Ra Power
10-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
WHY CANT YOU TAKE PICS ? WHAT IS THIS FUCKIN NOTH KOREA .... THIS IS FUCKIN AMERICA ?

Because of copyrights. They're afraid someone will take pics and try to sell them when they reserve the right to do that.
The reason: Good ol' American greed. :)

DirtyDeeds
10-02-2007, 11:42 PM
Oh yeah, my fucking cell phone is going to take a great fucking shot, with its lens the size of a grain of sand. If the motherfucking photographers are that insecure about their work, maybe they should consider another profession.

If I paid $150 to be there, which I did, AND THEN SOME for my shitty seats I basically gave away, I have the right to take an incredibly crappy photo that won't come out well with my damn cell phone to try and savor the memory.

Dan
10-02-2007, 11:52 PM
I have huge one that would never get in.

:D

Vanessa
10-03-2007, 11:43 AM
well i'm going to try and do my best to sneak my camera into the arena, but the security at staples center are assholes:D

Diamondjimi
10-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Trust me, a handful of Maxi pads on top will do the trick!;)

Jurak
10-04-2007, 12:16 PM
I have huge one that would never get in.

Originally posted by Dan
:D

:D :D

diamondD
10-04-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
From my vantage point in Charlotte, security didn't give two shits about cameras of any kind. We were in the front row of the lower level, and there were three guards directly in front of us. That's why I'm kicking myself for not carrying mine in. I could've had some first class shots from where I was.

Not only did they not say a word to anybody with a camera, they didn't even care about the weed being burned in close proximity.

They busted a guy and hauled him out for burning in the floor. Just depends on how big of an asshole the pretend-a-cops feel like being.

jharp84
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Fuck em! Take it in and shoot! If a fuckin ape comes, pull out a $20.00 MONEY TALK?? NO ask AC/DC?? And then FUCK their girlfriend! AND FILM THAT JFC!!

TVGUY
10-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Each venue is different I guess... Charlotte was checking heavily but Greensboro hardly gave us a glance.

SparkieD
10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by diamondD
They busted a guy and hauled him out for burning in the floor. Just depends on how big of an asshole the pretend-a-cops feel like being.

There was this little old black dude who has worked shows in Charlotte for as long as I can remember. He was in front of us. When that joint was burning near us, he just sat down, smiled, and started waving his arm as to diffuse the smoke. There was a much younger guard also in front of us. He looked like he would've been a hardass, but he didn't stop the pix or the weed. Guess all the cool security personnel were down in front of 114.

DirtyDeeds
10-05-2007, 12:13 AM
When I got to my awesome seat right on the ramp, there was a security guard right there. But I was flipping out with joy at how truly awesome my seat was, and I said to my mom (who I brought to the show as a birthday gift) "Oh my God, we're so close, I could reach out and give Dave a high-five!" The security guard, who I was NOT talking to, then went, "I don't think so."

I could tell right then and there the guy was a douche-bag.

Ra Power
10-05-2007, 05:33 AM
The wannaberealcops at concerts have far too much latitude, especially considering how much we pay these days.

PS> I saw a rentacop get the FUCK beat out of him at a concert once for trying to bust someone for smokin'. He got rushed by what seemed like half a section and the real cops had to come drag his bloody beat-to-fuck ass out .

DirtyDeeds
10-05-2007, 11:00 AM
This is what I see the duties of a security guard being:

Break up any fights that might happen in the audience.

Make sure no fans get on stage.

No more, no less.

Diamondjimi
10-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
This is what I see the duties of a security guard being:

Break up any fights that might happen in the audience.

Make sure no fans get on stage.

No more, no less.

I agree. But it seems most of these flashlight cops are on a $10 per hr. power trip. I've told a few to go fuck themselves when leaving a show. (The ones who were goofs to me during the show anyway)...

Basically they don't want fans documenting any of THEIR fan abuse...

Bands and promoters should embrace things like Youtube and fan photos . It's done wonders for this VH tour. The band is fuckin rockin this tour . Youtube and fans photos have proven to nay sayers and disbelievers of the tour that it is fuckin killer and is worth the $$$$....

:donkey: Van Hagar= PWN3D