PDA

View Full Version : You know the most impressive thing so far?

Firebrand
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I fully expected one of the nose in the air critics to rip the reunion to pieces in their reviews, but as of yet, I have not read or heard a single negative word. Really, really surprising, and very impressive.

And you know what else? The thought of scaled down, raw rock n roll laced with a heavy side dose of sheer fun seems to be turning even the most emo of the flock on! Can it be that Van Halen might have another opportunity to re-invent and re-invigorate rock yet again??

Seems all the stars and planets are at least pointing that way, and I say about damn time. I am sick and tired of hearing sampled this and sampled that at concerts and on disc...I paid $150 a ticket four years ago to see The Eagles, and even THEY had canned music and vocals!

Turn the damn guitar amp up, mix in a little delay and phase, give me bass and drums and DLR and let's put a musical TASER in the butt cheeks this nation has waited 23 years on!

PS - yes I am thrilled at how well it has been going. Can you tell?

Eyes of the Night
10-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Yeah man, I agree and killer post FB! ... doing what they do best and the funny thing is I feel as though my soul has been rejuvinated feelin' a feeling I haven't felt before ... I was only 13 when I heard my first Halen and by then the mighty van halen had been broken up ... so this tour is kicking my ass already, what a display of magic spreading it all around ... here have some stars kid ...

Ra Power
10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I'm really surprised at the critical acclaim too. Not even because VH sucks, but because of the expectations of the critics.

VAiN
10-02-2007, 10:50 PM
You can't deny them. This tour is going to have the exact opposite effect of the 04 mess... this tour is going to get better and better and stronger and stronger with every show. I'm listening to Philly 10.01.07 as I type this and they are killing it and it's only 3 shows in.

Firebrand
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
My hope is that they will add some dates down deep in Dixie so I can go see them...I was skeptical when all this started, and now I've been Missouried - they've shown me!!

It brings tears to my eyes to see Ed and Dave as...well, as thrilled as they seem to be onstage together.

I didn't rip the Sammy years, because there was some decent music made. But for all it might have been, it just wasn't Van Halen.

This is. About time.

tubbyk
10-08-2007, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Eyes
Yeah man, I agree and killer post FB! ... doing what they do best and the funny thing is I feel as though my soul has been rejuvinated feelin' a feeling I haven't felt before ...

I'm right there with you. I haven't stopped grinning since that initial press conference and the YouTube videos have been playing non-stop ever since the first concert. It's better than I ever expected it to be, and reading all the critics raving about the boys just caps it off perfectly.

It's stupid but seeing Eddie and Dave having such a fantastic time and joking around with each other on stage gives me such an enormous happy.

binnie
10-08-2007, 10:34 AM
I don't wanna piss on the camp fire here, but's it onely a matter of time before some Coldplay-loving journalists slams this reunion.

Life is full of assholes like that.

But yeah, I am surprised that the haters haven't come out of the woodwork so far.

MAPRamone
10-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by binnie
I don't wanna piss on the camp fire here, but's it onely a matter of time before some Coldplay-loving journalists slams this reunion.

Life is full of assholes like that.

But yeah, I am surprised that the haters haven't come out of the woodwork so far.

Too true, but again that would only be business as usual. Back in the day, when tha mighty VAN HALEN were in their prime the critics loathed them.