PDA

View Full Version : Interesting coverage from WMMR in Philly

MmboSlmrCasalad
10-04-2007, 10:15 AM
Living in Central Jersey now, I get to hear both NYC and Philly radio. WMMR was all over these two shows and it was really great tuning in on my drives to and from work lately.

However, the jock that was on at around 7:00/7:30 the past two nights really blew it. He said Monday night's show was really good and he gave it a B-minus. Hmmmm...OK, maybe he's "judging harshly" I thought.

THEN the truth comes out. The manager of the Wachovia Complex actually got on air and jokingly berated him for his grade, but really stood up for the band and questioned how he could find fault with them playing all the hits plus others like "Romeo Delight" and "Atomic Punk". Mind you, this is a suit, albeit a very cool one from the sounds of it.

The jock then goes on and says how he missed hearing songs like...I won't even mention the titles, but they were all Hagar-era shit. I immediately called the station and asked, "Who IS that sissy on the air right now? I'm just getting home from work now and after the day I had, I have to listen to this?" Whoever answered apologized and said they agreed with me.

Just having a little fun there.

However, and I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the guy who was praising VH said he was at soundcheck and they played "Outta Love Again" and "Hear About it Later"! Truth?

Hardrock69
10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Stupid fucking DJ.

What a fucking limp-wristed, homo-sheep-pussy motherfucker.
:rolleyes:

Jurak
10-04-2007, 11:57 AM
yeah....what he said. :D

MCMLXXXIV
10-04-2007, 12:06 PM
Looks to me like Spambo is tryin' to buy his way out of oblivion.

:lol:

ULTRAMAN VH
10-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by MmboSlmrCasalad
Living in Central Jersey now, I get to hear both NYC and Philly radio. WMMR was all over these two shows and it was really great tuning in on my drives to and from work lately.

However, the jock that was on at around 7:00/7:30 the past two nights really blew it. He said Monday night's show was really good and he gave it a B-minus. Hmmmm...OK, maybe he's "judging harshly" I thought.

THEN the truth comes out. The manager of the Wachovia Complex actually got on air and jokingly berated him for his grade, but really stood up for the band and questioned how he could find fault with them playing all the hits plus others like "Romeo Delight" and "Atomic Punk". Mind you, this is a suit, albeit a very cool one from the sounds of it.

The jock then goes on and says how he missed hearing songs like...I won't even mention the titles, but they were all Hagar-era shit. I immediately called the station and asked, "Who IS that sissy on the air right now? I'm just getting home from work now and after the day I had, I have to listen to this?" Whoever answered apologized and said they agreed with me.

Just having a little fun there.

However, and I don't know if this has been mentioned, but the guy who was praising VH said he was at soundcheck and they played "Outta Love Again" and "Hear About it Later"! Truth?

It was probably the same dickhead who was playing the When It's Love video on the portable bigscreen that was set up outside the Wachovia Center on the first night, post show. It was a perfect evening and everyone is filing out of the arena and I hear and see Fatgar era VH being played. Assholes!!!!

fryingdutchman
10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm guessing it was that idiot Matt Kord?

Are you surprised that someone who looks like this...

http://www.wmmr.com/graphics/pics_matt.jpg

is pining away for songs from the Hagar-era?

Most of the DJ's on WMMR (and on Philly radio in general) are complete toolbags.

jharp84
10-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by fryingdutchman

Most of the DJ's on WMMR (and on Philly radio in general) are complete toolbags.

ALL THE CRITICS WHO PUT DOWN VAN HALEN FUCKIN LOOK LIKE
ELVIS COSTELLO!! :asshole: DID NOT USE QUOTES THERE!!

PlexiBrown
10-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Does wmmr still have that homo Pierre Robert?

rustoffa
10-04-2007, 09:17 PM

Another great story about a suit loving the CVH:

This Mercedes pulls up at the BP one day....directly behind my motorcycle. One of the big four-door deals. I glanced over, and noticed the dude behind the wheel was pointing at me...and talking frantically to some chick....I'm guessing a secretary or some shit. Anyhoo, the fucker gets out, and walks directly towards me while I'm pumping gas. Think five-hundred dollar shirt and cufflinks. I got about halfway through "WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?", when he interrupted me.

"IT AIN'T VAN HALEN WITHOUT DAVID LEE ROTH!!....THAT'S FUCKING KILLER!!!" (referring to my shirt)

He just went on and on about how shitty vanhagar was...the chick eventually walked over and tapped on her watch. One glare later, she was headin' for the car like a trained seal.
:D

fryingdutchman
10-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

Yup! They sure do.

They'll carry his ass out of that studio in a body bag. He's a lifer at that station.

His ass is a cock garage...that's for sure.

Mezro
10-04-2007, 10:48 PM

Wasn't this bag sniffer part of WDRE back in the day?

Mezro...I remember seeing him walking around Manayunk back when he had his Nelson-esque blond hair...fucking pool tool...

fryingdutchman
10-04-2007, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Wasn't this bag sniffer part of WDRE back in the day?

Mezro...I remember seeing him walking around Manayunk back when he had his Nelson-esque blond hair...fucking pool tool...

Holy Shit!!!

Hey Mez....good to see you.

Yes, I do believe he was a part of WDRE at one point.

Did you come home to attend any of the Philly shows?

Mezro
10-05-2007, 12:26 AM
Holy Shit!!!

Hey Mez....good to see you.

Yes, I do believe he was a part of WDRE at one point.

Did you come home to attend any of the Philly shows?

Holy shit indeed. How goes things back in PA dutchie?

WDRE...brings back some great memories. I remember driving home late one night and listening to them sign off for the very last time.

I did not make it home for either of the Philly shows (scheduling conflicts suck my prick) but I have tickets for San Jose and Oakland.

Mezro...I would have loved to seen them back home...Philly is a VH town in a major fucking way...

Mezro
10-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown

Pierre Robert: the gentle hippy that looks like a sloth and smells like patchouli.

Mezro...fuck him back into the carny whore that flap squirted him into this world...

DrinkingSection
10-05-2007, 09:11 AM

ARE YOU KIDDING MamBO?!!??

"HEAR ABOUT IT LATER??!!!!!"

christ, seeing them pull that one out would almost be worth getting on a plane for...

....would be too cool to hear them launch into that.

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-05-2007, 11:37 AM
I love both songs. Hope they work these into the set list. Drop I'll Wait and Pretty Woman. The dude would have no reason to lie, so I'm sure it's true.

MmboSlmrCasalad
10-05-2007, 01:03 PM
I found it hard to believe, but that's what the guy on the air said...