X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • janarak
    Roadie
    • Aug 2004

what happened to fucking ed's guitar

Jump @ Greensboro , why didnt ed swap his guitar .
    There is out of tune and there is fucking hell what was that.
    The gig looks great on you tube ,but for jump the guitar is fucking all over.
  • jhale667
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

There's a million possibilities, but I hear he's not changing guitars much during the show...
    This is probably more of a discussion for Gear Street, but I wonder if he has a TU-2 or something on his board for spot checks,
    or is he just handing them off to his tech? Who is his tech now, since the guy who replaced Matt Bruck bailed a few weeks back?
    Also, I mentioned it in another thread, I think part of it may be that he's playing prototypes and essentially brand-new guitars
    (like the EVH Art Series ones he's only playing for a tune or two in each city that will be later auctioned on Ebay)...guitars (especially ones with locking tremolos with new springs) that are not fully broken in (even if the strings are stretched properly) are temperamental little bitches that love to shift at the drop of a hat, and are vulnerable to the slightest change in temperature or humidity...
    But has anyone that's been to the shows thus far noticed him tuning between songs? I'm curious....I want to see his pedalboard for this tour...:p

Coincidentaly, I was talking to one of my guitarist friends the other night about the YouTube vids, and he was like "Yeah, he's playing a lot better than when I saw him in '04, but he's having tuning issues...Does his new tech suck?"
    Originally posted by conmee
    If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
    Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
    I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
    Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
    Originally posted by eddie78
    I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
      Banned
      • Apr 2004

It's called being lame. I'm a bitch.
      Last edited by FORD; 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SATAN BUSH
        It's called being drunk. It's a bitch.
        Just wow. And i'm sure you will get all indignant when someone rises to the bait and starts with the flaming...and you will claim that they started it...
        Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
          Banned
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
          Just wow. And i'm sure you will get all indignant when someone rises to the bait and starts with the flaming...and you will claim that they started it...

You actually believe for a second that EVH is suddenly totally clean? "Just wow."

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Some of the YouTube clips have stunningly good guitar solos and rhythm work, and then other songs are totally sloppy, incoherent, messy, and just bad...there are some YouTube clips of the "Ice Cream Man" solo where he nearly nails it, and another where he falls on his face midway through. Same thing on "Running With The Devil." Such a simple solo...and he can't play it to save his life. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

A fanboi couldn't admit that though..."Eddie said he's clean! No WAY is he drinking again! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

LMAO

Comment

• tod
            Roadie
            • Mar 2004

The 2nd half of the Charlotte show sounds way the hell out in left field. Starting with "I'll Wait", yer scratchin yer head like "That dude is playing rubberbands on a cigarbox or what?"

You actually believe for a second that EVH is suddenly totally clean? "Just wow."

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Some of the YouTube clips have stunningly good guitar solos and rhythm work, and then other songs are totally sloppy, incoherent, messy, and just bad...there are some YouTube clips of the "Ice Cream Man" solo where he nearly nails it, and another where he falls on his face midway through. Same thing on "Running With The Devil." Such a simple solo...and he can't play it to save his life. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

A fanboi couldn't admit that though..."Eddie said he's clean! No WAY is he drinking again! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

LMAO

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
              Banned
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by tod
              The 2nd half of the Charlotte show sounds way the hell out in left field. Starting with "I'll Wait", yer scratchin yer head like "That dude is playing rubberbands on a cigarbox or what?"

TOD!!! How DARE you question the mighty EVH!!! He's back with Dave now! That means we all LOVE him again and whatever he says is GOSPEL! Also, we suddenly HATE Michael Anthony now, but don't really know why! And, we all spew "Wolfie kicks ass" just because EVH told us he "shreds!" NOTHING they do is underhanded now, because Dave is back in! You hear me???? How DARE you question the mighty Van Halen's INTEGRITY!!!!!

(BTW, fanboi's amongst us...that was called sarcasm. Or not.)

Comment

• jhale667
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.
                Mini-strokes? Now there's a left-field theory...
                I haven't heard anything that made me think he was boozin' again yet, just sounds like equipment issues to me...
                Fuck, I hope he's still on the wagon....
                Originally posted by conmee
                If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                Originally posted by eddie78
                I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nope. Never said that. I agree that there are times when his fingers seem to detach from his brain.

I'm just calling you out for deliberately trying to stir up shit here. You are trying to bait people to argue with you. You ride in on your high-horse, intent on bringing all of us Rothtards into the light with you...but you are just looking for a fight. I didnt realize that people still did that. Well, whatever. Have fun.

I do like how in other threads, you immediately get outraged when people you bait start to call you names and such...have you noticed that I havent called you a single thing. And that must really bug you, because you immediately start calling me names when I reply calmly to your rediculous posts. Huh.

Oh well, nothing to see here people...move along...
                  Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2004

Nope. Never said that. I agree that there are times when his fingers seem to detach from his brain.

I'm just calling you out for deliberately trying to stir up shit here. You are trying to bait people to argue with you. You ride in on your high-horse, intent on bringing all of us Rothtards into the light with you...but you are just looking for a fight. I didnt realize that people still did that. Well, whatever. Have fun.

I do like how in other threads, you immediately get outraged when people you bait start to call you names and such...have you noticed that I havent called you a single thing. And that must really bug you, because you immediately start calling me names when I reply calmly to your rediculous posts. Huh.

Oh well, nothing to see here people...move along...

I wasn't "baiting;" I firmly believe that EVH is still boozing it up. That's why I posted it. And, supported specific instances as to WHY I came to that conclusion. That's not a "rediculous" post, as you call it.

And, I'm NEVER outraged when a fanboi calls me names. I find it entertaining; I'm more intrigued when I get an actual intelligent response that I can have a discussion with. However, it is quite enthralling as well to call out any fanboi that attempts to take me on with the same rote/trite/cliche responses that never end.

To each his own. OWN.

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

LMAO
                      Wow.. all of this after 4 or 5 shows.. on youtube, no less. Fuck off.. I saw them in Charlotte & Greensboro - which is easily half of the shows you've seen on youtube.. Eddie is killing it.. there may be sometimes when he's simply 'going for it' - but you don't get that. Eat a dick.
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                        Wow.. all of this after 4 or 5 shows.. on youtube, no less. Fuck off.. I saw them in Charlotte & Greensboro - which is easily half of the shows you've seen on youtube.. Eddie is killing it.. there may be sometimes when he's simply 'going for it' - but you don't get that. Eat a dick.

And here, everyone, is proof of everything I've posted above...take a look at what this fanboi responded with. Completely backs EVH now, since Dave's back in the fold. "Eddie is killing it." Hmmm...must have not paid attention to those clips that I referenced.

And of course, the expected fanboi-ism....ending his post with of course a "gay" reference to a penis. It never fails.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It's called being drunk. It's a bitch.
                          This is a standalone post. You hadnt "supported specific instances as to WHY I came to that conclusion" until after I said something.

That by itself is baiting, and again, you backpedal.

For some reason, one mysterious neck-slide during one song on a YouTube clip becomes (and i'm paraphrasing) "sometimes he's not playing..." after a logical question was asked by me, that granted, you did seem to conceed.

Now you backpedal again and try to seem innocent in your enlightenment of us, the poor fanboi (cant believe I just typed that) unwashed masses...

And again, I didnt think that people still got a kick out of doing what you are doing...

Comment

• SATAN BUSH
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2004

For some reason, one mysterious neck-slide during one song on a YouTube clip becomes (and i'm paraphrasing) "sometimes he's not playing..." after a logical question was asked by me, that granted, you did seem to conceed.

Again, in the thread which you are referring to, the first post in that thread addresses the idea that Wolfgang is playing at least some of the time. Again, read competently and thoroughly as I addressed in said thread.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Again, in the thread which you are referring to, the first post in that thread addresses the idea that Wolfgang is playing at least some of the time. Again, read competently and thoroughly as I addressed in said thread.
                              Well well.

Fucking fagboy cannot keep his fucking mouth shut.

Fucking loser.

According to you, there are no concerts happening.

There are just 4 animatronic wax figures onstage, programmed to move to a pre-selected pattern, while pre-recorded music comes out of the PA.

What mental institution are you at, Larned?

You are typical of the ignorant po-dunk farmers that are grown around Poop-Chute, Kansas.

Fucking inbred hog-slop fuckboy.

Comment

Working...