PDA

View Full Version : what happened to fucking ed's guitar

janarak
10-04-2007, 11:26 AM
Jump @ Greensboro , why didnt ed swap his guitar .
There is out of tune and there is fucking hell what was that.
The gig looks great on you tube ,but for jump the guitar is fucking all over.

jhale667
10-07-2007, 09:42 PM
There's a million possibilities, but I hear he's not changing guitars much during the show...
This is probably more of a discussion for Gear Street, but I wonder if he has a TU-2 or something on his board for spot checks,
or is he just handing them off to his tech? Who is his tech now, since the guy who replaced Matt Bruck bailed a few weeks back?
Also, I mentioned it in another thread, I think part of it may be that he's playing prototypes and essentially brand-new guitars
(like the EVH Art Series ones he's only playing for a tune or two in each city that will be later auctioned on Ebay)...guitars (especially ones with locking tremolos with new springs) that are not fully broken in (even if the strings are stretched properly) are temperamental little bitches that love to shift at the drop of a hat, and are vulnerable to the slightest change in temperature or humidity...
But has anyone that's been to the shows thus far noticed him tuning between songs? I'm curious....I want to see his pedalboard for this tour...:p

Coincidentaly, I was talking to one of my guitarist friends the other night about the YouTube vids, and he was like "Yeah, he's playing a lot better than when I saw him in '04, but he's having tuning issues...Does his new tech suck?" :lol:

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 10:16 PM
It's called being lame. I'm a bitch.

Dave's PA Rental
10-07-2007, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by SATAN BUSH
It's called being drunk. It's a bitch.

Just wow. And i'm sure you will get all indignant when someone rises to the bait and starts with the flaming...and you will claim that they started it...

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
Just wow. And i'm sure you will get all indignant when someone rises to the bait and starts with the flaming...and you will claim that they started it...

You actually believe for a second that EVH is suddenly totally clean? "Just wow."

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Some of the YouTube clips have stunningly good guitar solos and rhythm work, and then other songs are totally sloppy, incoherent, messy, and just bad...there are some YouTube clips of the "Ice Cream Man" solo where he nearly nails it, and another where he falls on his face midway through. Same thing on "Running With The Devil." Such a simple solo...and he can't play it to save his life. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

A fanboi couldn't admit that though..."Eddie said he's clean! No WAY is he drinking again! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

LMAO

tod
10-07-2007, 10:34 PM
The 2nd half of the Charlotte show sounds way the hell out in left field. Starting with "I'll Wait", yer scratchin yer head like "That dude is playing rubberbands on a cigarbox or what?"

You actually believe for a second that EVH is suddenly totally clean? "Just wow."

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Some of the YouTube clips have stunningly good guitar solos and rhythm work, and then other songs are totally sloppy, incoherent, messy, and just bad...there are some YouTube clips of the "Ice Cream Man" solo where he nearly nails it, and another where he falls on his face midway through. Same thing on "Running With The Devil." Such a simple solo...and he can't play it to save his life. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

A fanboi couldn't admit that though..."Eddie said he's clean! No WAY is he drinking again! It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!!"

LMAO

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by tod
The 2nd half of the Charlotte show sounds way the hell out in left field. Starting with "I'll Wait", yer scratchin yer head like "That dude is playing rubberbands on a cigarbox or what?"

TOD!!! How DARE you question the mighty EVH!!! He's back with Dave now! That means we all LOVE him again and whatever he says is GOSPEL! Also, we suddenly HATE Michael Anthony now, but don't really know why! And, we all spew "Wolfie kicks ass" just because EVH told us he "shreds!" NOTHING they do is underhanded now, because Dave is back in! You hear me???? How DARE you question the mighty Van Halen's INTEGRITY!!!!!

(BTW, fanboi's amongst us...that was called sarcasm. Or not.)

jhale667
10-07-2007, 10:45 PM

There's no other explanation EVH's current bipolar performances. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

Mini-strokes? Now there's a left-field theory...
I haven't heard anything that made me think he was boozin' again yet, just sounds like equipment issues to me...
Fuck, I hope he's still on the wagon....:(

Dave's PA Rental
10-07-2007, 10:52 PM

Nope. Never said that. I agree that there are times when his fingers seem to detach from his brain.

I'm just calling you out for deliberately trying to stir up shit here. You are trying to bait people to argue with you. You ride in on your high-horse, intent on bringing all of us Rothtards into the light with you...but you are just looking for a fight. I didnt realize that people still did that. Well, whatever. Have fun.

I do like how in other threads, you immediately get outraged when people you bait start to call you names and such...have you noticed that I havent called you a single thing. And that must really bug you, because you immediately start calling me names when I reply calmly to your rediculous posts. Huh.

Oh well, nothing to see here people...move along...

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:01 PM
Nope. Never said that. I agree that there are times when his fingers seem to detach from his brain.

I'm just calling you out for deliberately trying to stir up shit here. You are trying to bait people to argue with you. You ride in on your high-horse, intent on bringing all of us Rothtards into the light with you...but you are just looking for a fight. I didnt realize that people still did that. Well, whatever. Have fun.

I do like how in other threads, you immediately get outraged when people you bait start to call you names and such...have you noticed that I havent called you a single thing. And that must really bug you, because you immediately start calling me names when I reply calmly to your rediculous posts. Huh.

Oh well, nothing to see here people...move along...

I wasn't "baiting;" I firmly believe that EVH is still boozing it up. That's why I posted it. And, supported specific instances as to WHY I came to that conclusion. That's not a "rediculous" post, as you call it.

And, I'm NEVER outraged when a fanboi calls me names. I find it entertaining; I'm more intrigued when I get an actual intelligent response that I can have a discussion with. However, it is quite enthralling as well to call out any fanboi that attempts to take me on with the same rote/trite/cliche responses that never end.

To each his own. OWN.

VAiN
10-07-2007, 11:06 PM

LMAO

Wow.. all of this after 4 or 5 shows.. on youtube, no less. Fuck off.. I saw them in Charlotte & Greensboro - which is easily half of the shows you've seen on youtube.. Eddie is killing it.. there may be sometimes when he's simply 'going for it' - but you don't get that. Eat a dick.

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
Wow.. all of this after 4 or 5 shows.. on youtube, no less. Fuck off.. I saw them in Charlotte & Greensboro - which is easily half of the shows you've seen on youtube.. Eddie is killing it.. there may be sometimes when he's simply 'going for it' - but you don't get that. Eat a dick.

And here, everyone, is proof of everything I've posted above...take a look at what this fanboi responded with. Completely backs EVH now, since Dave's back in the fold. "Eddie is killing it." Hmmm...must have not paid attention to those clips that I referenced.

And of course, the expected fanboi-ism....ending his post with of course a "gay" reference to a penis. It never fails.

Dave's PA Rental
10-07-2007, 11:16 PM
It's called being drunk. It's a bitch.

This is a standalone post. You hadnt "supported specific instances as to WHY I came to that conclusion" until after I said something.

That by itself is baiting, and again, you backpedal.

For some reason, one mysterious neck-slide during one song on a YouTube clip becomes (and i'm paraphrasing) "sometimes he's not playing..." after a logical question was asked by me, that granted, you did seem to conceed.

Now you backpedal again and try to seem innocent in your enlightenment of us, the poor fanboi (cant believe I just typed that) unwashed masses...

And again, I didnt think that people still got a kick out of doing what you are doing...

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:19 PM

For some reason, one mysterious neck-slide during one song on a YouTube clip becomes (and i'm paraphrasing) "sometimes he's not playing..." after a logical question was asked by me, that granted, you did seem to conceed.

Again, in the thread which you are referring to, the first post in that thread addresses the idea that Wolfgang is playing at least some of the time. Again, read competently and thoroughly as I addressed in said thread.

Hardrock69
10-07-2007, 11:28 PM
Again, in the thread which you are referring to, the first post in that thread addresses the idea that Wolfgang is playing at least some of the time. Again, read competently and thoroughly as I addressed in said thread.

Well well.

Fucking fagboy cannot keep his fucking mouth shut.

Fucking loser.

According to you, there are no concerts happening.

There are just 4 animatronic wax figures onstage, programmed to move to a pre-selected pattern, while pre-recorded music comes out of the PA.

What mental institution are you at, Larned?

You are typical of the ignorant po-dunk farmers that are grown around Poop-Chute, Kansas.

Fucking inbred hog-slop fuckboy.
:rolleyes:

VAiN
10-07-2007, 11:30 PM
To deny that was is going on is fucking fantastic is retarded. 1980 Eddie is 27 years ago... 2007 Eddie isn't too bad either. If you can't appreciate what's in front of you then you're fucked anyway. Oh - and Eat a dick.

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Hardrock69
Well well.

Fucking fagboy cannot keep his fucking mouth shut.

Fucking loser.

According to you, there are no concerts happening.

There are just 4 animatronic wax figures onstage, programmed to move to a pre-selected pattern, while pre-recorded music comes out of the PA.

What mental institution are you at, Larned?

You are typical of the ignorant po-dunk farmers that are grown around Poop-Chute, Kansas.

Fucking inbred hog-slop fuckboy.
:rolleyes:

Wow....this guy takes the fanboi cake. I think he set a record for the most attempted "gay" referenced insults (all fanboi's exhibit this behavior). I mean, look at that post...absolutely NOTHING of substance to the topic, but endless penis-inspired rants. "Fagboy," "Poop-Chute," "Inbred fuckboy."

Keep it up, fanboi. I don't even HAVE to respond...you own yourself as a fanboi just fine.

LMAO

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by VAiN
To deny that was is going on is fucking fantastic is retarded. 1980 Eddie is 27 years ago... 2007 Eddie isn't too bad either. If you can't appreciate what's in front of you then you're fucked anyway. Oh - and Eat a dick.

Wow, it's actually unreal how easily it is to predict these boi's behavior. They just can't help themselves...not an original thought, insult, or statement to be made. Wow.

jhale667
10-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Funny how the guy accusing everyone of starting the gay references is the one spelling boy with an "i"..

Which, in itself is GHEY......:rolleyes:

Just sayin'.....

SATAN BUSH
10-07-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by jhale667
Funny how the guy accusing everyone of starting the gay references is the one spelling boy with an "i"..

Which, in itself is GHEY......:rolleyes:

Just sayin'.....

Using the term "fanboi" with the "i" was addressed in another thread. It is used because NOTHING gets at a fanboi MORE than actually calling them a "fanboi," spelling and all. They HATE that. Then, they usually respond with some sort of "gay" referenced statement, intending to insult, yet all it accomplishes is calling said fanboi out as even MORE of a fanboi. It's a win-win situation for a REAL fan.

LOL

jhale667
10-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Using the term "fanboi" with the "i" was addressed in another thread.

OK, must've missed that one. I thought it was a case of...

http://e.photos.cx/tomato-0ac.gif

SATAN BUSH
10-08-2007, 12:02 AM
Wow, THAT was clever. And, funny too! You're cool!

FORD
10-08-2007, 12:05 AM
5. Humane slaughter
The most efficient and widely available method of humanely destroying sheep is a gunshot to the brain from a close range.

The use of firearms is subject to the provisions of the Firearms Act 1996.
Note:

* A .22 calibre rifle or pistol is adequate for humane destruction of sheep. High velocity hollow point ammunition should be used. Use two magazines per firearm to minimize reloading time.
* To provide maximum impact and the least possibility of misdirection, sheep should be shot at point blank range. The person using the firearm should move quietly through the pen with the sheep. Under no circumstances should the sheep be shot "over the fence".
* Never fire while the animal is moving its head; wait for a quiet interval before firing.

Under normal circumstances, the recommended method of humane killing of livestock is a brain shot, followed by bleeding out. The bleeding out of large numbers of sheep at the side of a burial pit is not possible, for logistical and safety reasons.

DPIWE experience is that even the most careful operator using a single shot will wound, rather than kill outright, a small percentage of sheep. Wounded animals cannot be assumed to be unconscious.

It is vital to ensure that all sheep are dead before placing them in the pit. There should be no heartbeat, breathing or eye movement. A small percentage of sheep may require a second shot, or bleeding out.

The recommended position and direction for the use of a firearm is illustrated below.

http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/Images/LBUN-5353JT/$File/land_sheepbullet1.jpg
Recommended position and direction of fire for the firearm - hornless sheep and rams.

Using a firearm: Shoot at point (a) just behind the poll in the direction of the animal’s muzzle.

http://www.dpiwe.tas.gov.au/inter.nsf/Images/LBUN-5353LW/$File/land_sheepbullet2.gif
Recommended position and direction of fire for firearm - horned sheep and rams.

Using a firearm: Shoot at a point in the middle of the face just above the level of the eyes whilst aiming along the neck.

SATAN BUSH
10-08-2007, 12:10 AM
Dick, my FAVORITE type of fanboi is one who doesn't even REALIZE that he IS one...or yet, is in complete DENIAL that he is, in fact, a sheep. You see, a fanboi IS a sheep...which makes all of your posts even that much more inane. You can't BE a sheep and actually try to insinuate that someone who is clearly the OPPOSITE of a fanboish sheep is one.

No matter how hard you try, trying to force yourself to believe that someone is what YOU actually ARE is NOT going to change the fact that you embody, completely, what you HATE.

Oh, ouch.

FORD
10-08-2007, 12:19 AM
Funny how a pathetic washed up loser who DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING LIKE VAN HALEN OR DAVID LEE ROTH is trolling a website referring to everyone with some homoerotic word like "fanboi".

You are a pathetic excuse for a carbon-based life form, sheep.

FORD
10-08-2007, 12:20 AM
BTW, are you going to keep lying about hiding behind the AOL proxy.

And you're not in Kansas either, Toto.

riggodrill44
10-08-2007, 12:25 AM
Someone put this guy out of his misery.

FORD
10-08-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by riggodrill44
Someone put this guy out of his misery.

His mom's abortion doctor tried, but apparently he dragged himself off into the gutter.

Nitro Express
10-08-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by jhale667
There's a million possibilities, but I hear he's not changing guitars much during the show...
This is probably more of a discussion for Gear Street, but I wonder if he has a TU-2 or something on his board for spot checks,
or is he just handing them off to his tech? Who is his tech now, since the guy who replaced Matt Bruck bailed a few weeks back?
Also, I mentioned it in another thread, I think part of it may be that he's playing prototypes and essentially brand-new guitars
(like the EVH Art Series ones he's only playing for a tune or two in each city that will be later auctioned on Ebay)...guitars (especially ones with locking tremolos with new springs) that are not fully broken in (even if the strings are stretched properly) are temperamental little bitches that love to shift at the drop of a hat, and are vulnerable to the slightest change in temperature or humidity...
But has anyone that's been to the shows thus far noticed him tuning between songs? I'm curious....I want to see his pedalboard for this tour...:p

Coincidentaly, I was talking to one of my guitarist friends the other night about the YouTube vids, and he was like "Yeah, he's playing a lot better than when I saw him in '04, but he's having tuning issues...Does his new tech suck?" :lol:

The nut clamp might have not been torqued down tight enough. This will make the strings stick in the nut and fuck the tuning up big time.

Nitro Express
10-08-2007, 12:41 AM
TOD!!! How DARE you question the mighty EVH!!! He's back with Dave now! That means we all LOVE him again and whatever he says is GOSPEL! Also, we suddenly HATE Michael Anthony now, but don't really know why! And, we all spew "Wolfie kicks ass" just because EVH told us he "shreds!" NOTHING they do is underhanded now, because Dave is back in! You hear me???? How DARE you question the mighty Van Halen's INTEGRITY!!!!!

(BTW, fanboi's amongst us...that was called sarcasm. Or not.)

Give people what they want and they will suck your dick. Mike was the nicest guy in the world but he chose to befriend Sammy. We would pour gasoline on him and light him on fire just for that reason. :D

Nitro Express
10-08-2007, 12:43 AM
If Sammy and Mike showed up to a VH show now the fans would grab those guys and force feed them hot sauce and tequila until they fucking died in agonizing pain.

Satan
10-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Unholy shit, what an insult to the proud name of Satan http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/teufel/g010.gif

SATAN BUSH
10-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by FORD
Funny how a pathetic washed up loser who DOESN'T EVEN FUCKING LIKE VAN HALEN OR DAVID LEE ROTH is trolling a website referring to everyone with some homoerotic word like "fanboi".

You are a pathetic excuse for a carbon-based life form, sheep.

Whoops...I forgot ANOTHER fanboi-ism.

You see, one of the most FAMOUS fanboi-isms is when that fanboi INSISTS that you must hate someone because you voice your opinion when they do something negative that tarnishes their legacy.

You see, to be a FAN, then you obviously LOVE the band, and it royally PISSES YOU OFF when they do something COMPLETELY f*cked up...such as trying to erase Michael Anthony's songwriting and pics, being drunk onstage with $200 a pop tickets, pre-recorded background singing and bass tracks, no regard for the fans, etc. You see, a REAL FAN has no problems with pointing this out.

A fanboi, such as yourself, Dick, crys, "You must HATE Van Halen and David Lee Roth!!!" You see, I LOVE real Van Halen. You know, before they were an embarassment. You remember those times don't you? I'm sure you do. Remember, 99% of everyone here HATED the modern Van Halen until Dave was back in. Then, suddenly, like the good sheep you are, everyone is suddenly kissing VH's collective ass. Not me. You see, I have integrity. I am a REAL fan and don't accept sh*t as a substitute.

Again, you seem to have no grasp of the meaning of the word "sheep" used in a fanboi context. A sheep is one who mindlessly follows. You know, the type that do exactly as I described above, Dick.

And, "fanboi" could ONLY be considered homoerotic by someone of your (lack of) wit.

I find it hilarious how you continually accuse me of being what YOU are in your vain attempt to cover up your own self-disgust. Sheep? Hardly. If I were, I'd be gung-ho crazy over this current tour. You know, like YOU are. Bah bah!

And, no...I'm not in Kansas. And, I'm on Internet Explorer. And, I'm not Frank. However, I will be, just for you...Dick.

You REALLY make this TOO easy. Seriously, "dude."

Wawazat
10-08-2007, 03:42 AM
Whoops...I forgot And, no...I'm not in Kansas. And, I'm not Frank.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u109/summni/WizardOfOz_3.jpg

binnie
10-08-2007, 04:02 AM
This thread is hilarious!

Quite remarkable....

naturochem
10-08-2007, 08:27 AM
some retarded WHOGIVESAFUCK nonsense
You should be tied to a tree, properly greased and repeatedly ASS-RAPED!!!

That "fanboi" enough for ya, you geeky motherfucker??

Go troll under a ball bag where you're fuckin wanted, moron!

This asshat's for you...
http://www.heaven666.org/images/tea-bagged-101.jpg

Polk High
10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
on "Running With The Devil." Such a simple solo...and he can't play it to save his life. Either he's having mild TIA's at some moments, or at those moments in time, he's drunk. But, it's clear that at times, he's impaired.

LMAO

I've seen the youtube versions of RWTD and am shocked how bad Ed sounded in them. I think Byoung has outperformed him. Is it possible Ed has lost it? He does sound spot on in other songs though. Dave on the other hand his voice has been great he hasn't been running around as much though but his voice makes up for that Al has been good, but who notices a drummer, I assume they have a bass player as well he's doing fine as well.