PDA

View Full Version : We Must Defeat Pretty Woman

Deklon
10-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I get to see my first show of the tour tomorrow night at Mohegan Sun, then I get to play poker all night. (If I could only Lear Jet to Pebble Beach in the morning).
Anyway, I'm willing to bet there are not even 5 percent of fans who want to see "Pretty Woman".
Assuming there are some close to the band who check out this site, join me in your dislike of the song on this thread to see if we can get it dropped from the setlist. I know it'll never happen, but it's fun to pretend.

Steve Savicki
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
"Intruder" was enough on the Diver Down album. I honestly thought that was Pretty Woman's long intro.

naturochem
10-04-2007, 03:50 PM
um... you really think a few post's on this forum will result in a set change on a multi-million dollar tour??

Just send me a hundred bucks & I'll get a petition hand-delivered to my cousin the tour manager....

Chong Li
10-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I will be there tomorrow night (section 114) and I want to hear Pretty Woman. I love their version of it. Would be great with Intruder in front of it too.

GREAT SONG!

Nickdfresh
10-04-2007, 03:59 PM
I really like that song. In fact, I even love "Dancing In The Streets."

Hummarstra
10-04-2007, 04:05 PM
Don't mind it.

Steve Savicki
10-04-2007, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
I even love "Dancing In The Streets."
I liked that one better than PW.

Figs
10-04-2007, 04:16 PM
I really liked it when it came out, not overly thrilled with it now, would rather hear another original....but it was a hit.

Remember when they banned the video? Fucked up, I didn't see it for years and years.

10-04-2007, 04:31 PM
I think Van Halen`s cover of pretty woman, is their greatest cover version of a song by a mile. They put their own stamp on that song, it has not dated, and I think they out did the original version!

BrownSound1
10-04-2007, 04:51 PM
I'd rather they drop "I'll Wait" instead of "Pretty Woman." They could replace "I'll Wait," with Hear About It Later or DOA or something.

DirtyDeeds
10-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Please be kind and tell a fan that hasn't had THAT much time online lookin gup VH stuff and who was not born yet when Dave was in the band the first go-round why they banned Pretty Woman on MTV. Please?

janarak
10-04-2007, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by BrownSound1
I'd rather they drop "I'll Wait" instead of "Pretty Woman." They could replace "I'll Wait," with Hear About It Later or DOA or something.

I agree

diamondsgirl
10-04-2007, 05:05 PM

I totally agree. I dig the way they VanHalenized Pretty Woman and so did my dad. He was a huge Roy Orbison fan. That tune ranks up there with my favorite covers of all time.

Hey Brownie, wanna start a We Must Defeat "I'll Wait" thread?? :D

ELVIS
10-04-2007, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by 113
I think Van Halen`s cover of pretty woman, is their greatest cover version of a song by a mile.

yeah, it's WAY better than You really Got Me and You're No Good...:rolleyes:

BrownSound1
10-04-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Hey Brownie, wanna start a We Must Defeat "I'll Wait" thread?? :D

LOL! It is definitely my least favorite Van Halen tune. I still wish they would bust out "Down In Flames," but I know that isn't going to happen. :D

ELVIS
10-04-2007, 05:16 PM
They don't even remember that...

WARF
10-04-2007, 05:17 PM
I'd replace pretty woman with secrets

diamondsgirl
10-04-2007, 05:19 PM
LOL! It is definitely my least favorite Van Halen tune. I still wish they would bust out "Down In Flames," but I know that isn't going to happen. :D

that'd be sweeeet....

I wanna hear Dave bust out his harp on the Full Bug!!

I wouldn't mind NOT hearing Jump (ever again in my life...) :D

diamondsgirl
10-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
that'd be sweeeet....

I wanna hear Dave bust out his harp on the Full Bug!!

I wouldn't mind NOT hearing Jump (ever again in my life...) :D

it would go something like this...(sort of...lol...;) )

<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/__9eCmTupSY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/__9eCmTupSY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Maybe Dave wouldn't be quite so fucked up and Wolfs backround vocals wouldn't be as overpowering as MAs...but you get the idea...

Northern Girl
10-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by DirtyDeeds
Please be kind and tell a fan that hasn't had THAT much time online looking up VH stuff and who was not born yet when Dave was in the band the first go-round why they banned Pretty Woman on MTV. Please?

In the video, they had this girl tied up with these midgets groping her and shit. Parents said they were about to have sex with her. LOL. At the end of the video, the "girl" takes off her wig, and its a guy.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcB-BRSnlf8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcB-BRSnlf8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

Hummarstra
10-04-2007, 06:05 PM
I wanna hear "Fire In the Hole" or "Without You." Then I can die in peace.

Northern Girl
10-04-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Hummarstra
I wanna hear "Fire In the Hole" or "Without You." Then I can die in peace.

That would kill me too.

VAiN
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
It's a fun 'sing along' kind of song when you see them live.. and it's quick too.. under 3 minutes.

Dave's Bitch
10-04-2007, 07:23 PM
i dont know what the set is but it would be awesome to hear somebody get me a doctor or bottoms up instead od pretty woman (which i like) or i'll wait

Nitro Express
10-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Northern Girl
In the video, they had this girl tied up with these midgets groping her and shit. Parents said they were about to have sex with her. LOL. At the end of the video, the "girl" takes off her wig, and its a guy.

<object width="425" height="353"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcB-BRSnlf8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JcB-BRSnlf8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="353"></embed></object>

I never realized it before but Roth as Napolean was filmed in his house. At least the scenes of him in the dining room and front entry hall were.

chi-town324
10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
the only song i want to hear off diver down is hang em high...maybe the full bug...

diamondD
10-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by ELVIS
yeah, it's WAY better than You really Got Me and You're No Good...:rolleyes:

Or even Ice Cream Man. PW is the best cover? No way.

TVGUY
10-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Come on man.. The song is not that bad. You're barking up the wrong tree with this one.

FORD
10-05-2007, 12:15 AM

Let's hope they do exactly that over the course of the next 2 months.

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl

Dave's been quoted as saying that MTV didn't get the joke :D

What cracks me up is that MTV banned the video because they felt it victimzed women...now look at the shit they have on there