X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eyes of the Night
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Ed's Wah ...

Wtf is up with his wah pedal? Did he ever use a wah as much as he's using on this tour? ... I think it sounds like shit and can't understand why he's using it yo ...
    Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...
  • indeedido
    Veteran
    • Feb 2004

probably a soon to be released EVH Brand Wah. I hate his wah sound. CVH has no wah
    This space for rent.

Comment

• BrownSound1
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

He does have one coming out on the market I do believe.

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by BrownSound1
        He does have one coming out on the market I do believe.
        You are correct, sir.
        I think he's kinda over-doing it on the Flange AND the wah, but hey....
        Still playing better than he has in years, IMO....
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• tod
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

I dig the flange and feedback in most of it.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I found the wah irritating, quite frankly....and completely unnecessary.

But it's no surprise to find that he has one coming out on the market, and he's deliberately using it on the tour to generate the kind of "buzz" that is now happening in this very thread.

In fact, I believe that there's a lot of "marketing" going on during the show. I caught the 10/1 show in Philly, and while it was very subtle, they were throwing the "EVH" brand at you at several points during the show.

Frequently, they would "cross-fade" several cameras on the big screen, and invariably one of the cameras would be set to a close-up of the EVH tag on the amps, or the EVH tag on Eddie's guitar strap, or Eddie's sneakers (red, black, white striped).

An attempt to be "artsy?" Perhaps. But I really think it was more of an attempt to sell the EVH brand.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Eyes of the Night
              Veteran
              • Jan 2004

Thanks for da info guys ... and dutchman, ditto brutha ... ditto ...
              Broken down n' dirty dressed in rags ...

Comment

• ELVIS
                Banned
                • Dec 2003

As far as wah's go it sounds good, but a little out of place in Classic Van Halen...

I don't mind it though...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I wish Eddie would have done the EVH brand thing in the 1980's. How cool would that have been? I hated his Kramer endorsement because he never played the guitars Kramer made.

Why not an EVH model with the right setup and pickups?

I'm pretty happy with my EVH phase 90 and flanger. The amps he endorses seem to be good quality but the price on the 5150 III is too much for what it is.

There's two products I would love to see Eddie market. An EVH Floyd Rose that is as good quality as the original ones with the D-Tuner incorporated on it and a EL-84 powered low voltage amps voiced to get Ed's classic sound from the 70's and 80's. Both of those would be cool products.
                  No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

Open that phase 90 and turn the trim pot...

Comment

• naturochem
                      Head Fluffer
                      • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                      There's two products I would love to see Eddie market. An EVH Floyd Rose that is as good quality as the original ones with the D-Tuner incorporated on it and a EL-84 powered low voltage amps voiced to get Ed's classic sound from the 70's and 80's. Both of those would be cool products.
                      Now yer fuckin talkin!! Hand wired, point-to-point EL-34/ECC83 based...

Could you just imagine what something like this would cost with the "EVH" tag on it???
                      CVH LIVE (OAK/SF) '78, '79(X2), '80(X2) +MOR, '81(X3), '82, USFest '83, '84 & 2007!

http://www.hellsangelsmcoakland.com/...Support-V2.jpg

"God rest the souls of that poor family... and pussy's half price for the next 15 minutes." Al Swearengen

Comment

• Coyote
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by naturochem
                        Could you just imagine what something like this would cost with the "EVH" tag on it???
                        The phrase "arm and a leg" springs to mind...
                        Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          ...product I would love to see Eddie market: An EVH Floyd Rose that is as good quality as the original ones with the D-Tuner incorporated on it
                          I'd be willing to be that if that were the case, it'd be FAR more expensive than the $90 or so it takes to upgrade a current OFR with a "big block" and the D-Tuna yourself....

That, and a Floyd with stripes would look GHEY...
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• cdwillis
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Feb 2005

The wah is sort of annoying since I never heard it on any of the classic van halen tunes. Maybe he was fucking around with it a lot on the Hagar shit. I never paid enough attention really, but it just seems to me that this whole tour is just a way for Ed to push his products and get closer to his son.
                            "I've always been academic. I've trained in martial arts since my 12th birthday. I like contact sports, history books and the fine art of ridicule and sarcasm. I can gang-sign the alphabet and I own a Mercury low-rider. I am a black man trapped in a Jewish body."

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

OK, here's one for you guys: I love my EVH Phase90, but wasn't into the Flanger enough to buy one,
                              mostly because I had the "Unchained" setting (or 'Hear About It Later', for that matter) close enough in the MXR Flange model on my Line6 MM-4.
                              Is it worth owning separately? I've only demoed them at stores, never tried one through my own rig,
                              but the preset didn't sound right to my ears...:confused:

Would be curious to try the Wah...I'm already contemplating ditching my (not so) old VOX for a Clyde McCoy version with the Fasel inductor...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...