PDA

View Full Version : David lee roth prank call

gunsnmotley
10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yp23NHWBd6A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yp23NHWBd6A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

this is funny:D

chi-town324
10-05-2007, 09:14 PM
no whats funny is that this has been posted already..old news

TVGUY
10-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Burst bubble here.

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Howard Stern's show was funny once, and this wasn't it

jero
10-06-2007, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Howard Stern's show was funny once, and this wasn't it

boring

chi-town324
10-06-2007, 09:23 AM
guns and motley....this aint the site for you

Nickdfresh
10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
People, seriously. If you don't find this shit funny, you're taking yourselves and Dave WAAAAYYYY too seriously.

I fucking nearly drove off the Buffalo Skyway when I heard this shit. Dead-on impression...And being a fan is not the same as being some PR-asslick and sycophant...

But yes, this is old news...

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
People, seriously. If you don't find this shit funny, you're taking yourselves and Dave WAAAAYYYY too seriously.

I fucking nearly drove off the Buffalo Skyway when I heard this shit. Dead-on impression...And being a fan is not the same as being some PR-asslick and sycophant...

But yes, this is old news...

I thought the impression was great! But the material just wasn't funny, IMO.

Howard Stern attempting to make Dave look like an ass is not funny to me.

I don't take it seriously, I just think it's dumb and kind of shitty. But then again, that's Howard Stern! He'd turn on his own mother to get a laugh.

Nickdfresh
10-06-2007, 02:52 PM
I thought the impression was great! But the material just wasn't funny, IMO.

Howard Stern attempting to make Dave look like an ass is not funny to me.

I don't take it seriously, I just think it's dumb and kind of shitty. But then again, that's Howard Stern! He'd turn on his own mother to get a laugh.

It's not Howard Stern, it's Billy Mira, as most of Stern's actual comedy is done by others with Stern as the "ringleader." And Stern's done a lot for Roth by publicizing him and interviewing him constantly throughout the life of his show. And it no more makes Dave look like an ass than any other impression, which is the sincerest form of flattery....

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 04:47 PM
It's not Howard Stern, it's Billy Mira, as most of Stern's actual comedy is done by others with Stern as the "ringleader." And Stern's done a lot for Roth by publicizing him and interviewing him constantly throughout the life of his show. And it no more makes Dave look like an ass than any other impression, which is the sincerest form of flattery....

I know Stern's not doing the impression, but its his show and he's there laughing his ass off at Dave's expense. But, like you said, when he interviews Dave he kisses Dave's ass. That makes him a dick, IMO. Which he is, and he is proud of it.

I would love for Dave to bitch slap him right on the air.

I don't think it's flattery when you have a voice that sounds exactly like Dave and you are on the radio saying you ARE Dave and you are acting like an ass. I think its insulting.

Nickdfresh
10-06-2007, 05:58 PM
I know Stern's not doing the impression, but its his show and he's there laughing his ass off at Dave's expense.

Well, you know what? Dave's a big boy - he can deal with it...

But, like you said, when he interviews Dave he kisses Dave's ass. That makes him a dick, IMO. Which he is, and he is proud of it.

Not at all true! He's asked Dave some tough questions regarding his sexuality, his hair, and why the fuck he was ever dumb enough to quit Van Halen to begin with.

He also has given Dave press when a lot of people wouldn't give him the time of day and he has to some extent contributed in keeping Van Halen, and rock and roll in general, in the public consciousness.

I haven't heard his show in a while and don't have Sirius, and I don't think he's the greatest thing ever as some do. But the downturn in Dave's career was largely self-inflicted...

Dave should have been glad he was relevant enough to even make fun of, which is still in many ways a back-handed compliment. You know how many ex-celebs would give their arm for that?

I would love for Dave to bitch slap him right on the air.

LOL When did Dave ever express any animosity towards Stern?

And Dave had the chance, when Stern interviewed him right before he was to take over for him - which was rather magnanimous in itself, to "bitch-slap" Howard. Dave was congenial and cool.

Do you think Dave is a pussy for not?

I don't think it's flattery when you have a voice that sounds exactly like Dave and you are on the radio saying you ARE Dave and you are acting like an ass. I think its insulting.

LOL You really need to lighten up. No people were harmed in the Dave jokes cut from his public perception circa-1985. Really. And one that he was responsible for creating...

The shit Ed, Al, and Sam said about him was far, far nastier and what is really what hurt Dave. Yet, you've no problem "rockin' out" with the gang all there, eh?

And Dave even worked with Sam in 2002...

chi-town324
10-06-2007, 06:47 PM
people still listen to Stern?...OH YEA for 12.95 a month...i bought in for a year, until i realized he took 9 out of 12 months off...WTF?

jharp84
10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324
people still listen to Stern?...OH YEA for 12.95 a month...i bought in for a year, until i realized he took 9 out of 12 months off...WTF?

That and they tried to sell me almost $300.00 of additional shit for the car stereo for that! I said Howard - gonna miss ya, gonna need ya, BUT LATER!! :mad:

chi-town324
10-06-2007, 06:59 PM
hes funny, but not pay to listen funny...does he still take every friday off?

jharp84
10-06-2007, 07:05 PM
BTW - the roth thinggy was good! So was most of his show when it was on air and free! And I ain't payin to get up at 5:00 am every fuckin day! That shit really fucks up a 3/4 alchy lifestyle!!

chi-town324
10-06-2007, 07:13 PM
amen to dat bro

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, you know what? Dave's a big boy - he can deal with it...

Not at all true! He's asked Dave some tough questions regarding his sexuality, his hair, and why the fuck he was ever dumb enough to quit Van Halen to begin with.

He also has given Dave press when a lot of people wouldn't give him the time of day and he has to some extent contributed in keeping Van Halen, and rock and roll in general, in the public consciousness.

I haven't heard his show in a while and don't have Sirius, and I don't think he's the greatest thing ever as some do. But the downturn in Dave's career was largely self-inflicted...

Dave should have been glad he was relevant enough to even make fun of, which is still in many ways a back-handed compliment. You know how many ex-celebs would give their arm for that?

LOL When did Dave ever express any animosity towards Stern?

And Dave had the chance, when Stern interviewed him right before he was to take over for him - which was rather magnanimous in itself, to "bitch-slap" Howard. Dave was congenial and cool.

Do you think Dave is a pussy for not?

LOL You really need to lighten up. No people were harmed in the Dave jokes cut from his public perception circa-1985. Really. And one that he was responsible for creating...

The shit Ed, Al, and Sam said about him was far, far nastier and what is really what hurt Dave. Yet, you've no problem "rockin' out" with the gang all there, eh?

And Dave even worked with Sam in 2002...

I need to lighten up? lol...look at your response. Now you're bringing the whole band into it. LMAO. OK, NickyD. Why don't you lighten up and not get your nose all out of joint when people don't agree with you. I thought the joke was dumb and insulting. Period.

I never said Dave doesn't like Stern, I never even insinuated it. I said that I (me, DG )would love to see Dave slap him.

I'm sure Dave likes Howard, and no Dave is not a pussy. wtf? Where did that come from?

If he asks Dave questions about his sexuality and his hair, he's even more of an asshole...yeah, thats great press for Dave...thanks for mentioning it. :rolleyes: