PDA

View Full Version : I really hope Spammy Hagar reads Entertainment Weekly!

jsadl
10-06-2007, 09:47 AM
I opened up the new Entertainment Weekly this morning and found an excellent concert review of opening night. The EW reviewer scored it an A-. Much praise for Roth.

On the sidebar EW had the results of an online poll. The question was: How do you like your Van Halen? The results 69% Roth, 27% Hagar and 4%Cherone. It made my day!

Article is in the music section towards the back if you want to check it out in the store. Couldn't find it online to post it.

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-06-2007, 10:54 AM
So 27% of the people interviewed are gay. Where ws the poll taken, San Francisco?

DlocRoth
10-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Ba dum bum chhhhhh.

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Oh, I see, an online poll. That many people online are gay? Not that theres anything wrong with that.

philouze
10-06-2007, 11:00 AM
SatanBush is in them 27%.
So is MA !!! lol

10-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Hey, i`ve heard stories of people going to the latest shows wearing shirts, with Sammy`s picture on them. Has there been any fights at the shows? Red Rocker`s Revolution were planning to cause shit before and after the shows , at some of the venues. There was even talk of putting a bounty on Dave`s hair extentions!

Mezro
10-06-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
So 27% of the people interviewed are gay. Where ws the poll taken, San Francisco?

:rolleyes:

Mezro...fucking redneck douche...

vhwithroth
10-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I'm going Oct 22 in Detroit. If i see a person wearing a spammy shirt, I'm gonna deck'em.

Hyman Roth
10-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Doesn't look like the same article - but its EW and its something about opening night...

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2007/10/van-halen-in-ch.html

sadaist
10-06-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by jsadl

The results 69% Roth, 27% Hagar and 4%Cherone.

Originally posted by TAKIN WHISKEY
So 27% of the people interviewed are gay.

I was more surprised that 4% of the people are related to Gary Cherone.

Halen High
10-06-2007, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by 113
Hey, i`ve heard stories of people going to the latest shows wearing shirts, with Sammy`s picture on them. Has there been any fights at the shows? Red Rocker`s Revolution were planning to cause shit before and after the shows , at some of the venues. There was even talk of putting a bounty on Dave`s hair extentions!

'Red Rocker's Revolution'?

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The 'Love Walks In' brigade are not that hardcore.

jharp84
10-06-2007, 11:00 PM
I think the battle is done early!! Too BAD can't say that about IRAQ! CVH/VH2007 WON THE GODDAMN WAR years ago! Think about that! 2004 tour is like CHIMP speach on IRAQ!!

TVGUY
10-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Sammy is crying on bass players shoulder right now.

Nitro Express
10-07-2007, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by TVGUY
Sammy is crying on bass players shoulder right now.

He probably is; even though, he just sold part of Cabo Wabo Tequila for $80 million. The fact that that dude can't let it go and get's pissed when the original singer returns is pretty fucking lame.

It's like Dio getting all pissed and upset that Ozzy sang with Black Sabbath again and did great.

There's band founders and then there's replacement members. Sammy was Roth's replacement. He was a temp. He's the man behind all those forgetable songs like DREAMS.

kastco
10-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by 113
Red Rocker`s Revolution were planning to cause shit before and after the shows , at some of the venues.

Red Rockers Revolution, LMFAO!!! They were going to try and stir shit but everyone kept on asking the Ronald McDonald look alike motherfuckers if they could have a hamburger and fries, make that supersize.

chi-town324
10-07-2007, 10:11 AM
more Spam talk...awesome

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-07-2007, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Mezro
:rolleyes:

Mezro...fucking redneck douche...

No no no, sorry about the stereo type. I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just being stupid.

tod
10-07-2007, 10:26 AM
I doubt Spammy fans are going to be picking fights in between trundling to the concessions and wondering if they spent too much on parking for their minivans

Originally posted by 113

Jérôme Frenchise
10-07-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by jsadl
69% Roth, 27% Hagar and 4%Cherone. It made my day!

Doesn't make mine... Still 31% of deaf and dumb fucks! :mad:

The only "polls" that make it are general elections, though. :cool:

bueno bob
10-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Nitro Express
It's like Dio getting all pissed and upset that Ozzy sang with Black Sabbath again and did great.

Except that he doesn't...lol

NATEDOG001976
10-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Sweet!

Binky
10-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Yeah no dissing Dio he may be tiny but he still rocks (saw Heaven and Hell in Belgium so I make a valid point).

Y' see, people know what they want. Hagar is all this, I love you shit whereas Roth is very, hey man I wanna rock and roll I wanna party! And shag your girlfriend later. Sammy is like, whhhoaaa you're really a man? Lets get dooooown! Whereas Roth is like, triplets? I'm writing off the week! Roth is a role model. A sexy role model, but a role model in the least. I wanna be rocked out by someone who knows what they're talking about, who can party, who loves girls and drinks beer. Not a man who looks like Tinky-Winky.

The words "Cherone in Van Halen" are very alien to me. I'm surprised anyone knew who he was. And the 4% who voted for him are clearly Journey fans. And Art Garfunkel. And Labourites. Oh sorry, USA, is the equivalent Democrat? *^_^* lml

BALLYJUNKIE
10-08-2007, 07:14 PM
ENOUGH THREADS ABOUT SAMMY HAGAR ,WHAT SAMMY THINKS ,DOES OR FEELS ..... IGNORE HIM ...... THE VAN HAGAR ERA IS DEAD ,LET IT BE ....... SAMMY HAGAR AND THE VAN HAGAR ERA IS NOT WORTH TALKING ABOUT ITS DEAD !!! LETS MOVE ON ......PLEASE LET THIS BE THE LAST SAMMY THREAD EVER OR IM GOING TO START TO THINK YOU GUYS ARE REALLY VAN HAGAR FANS ....ENOUGH !!!

binnie
10-10-2007, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by sadaist
I was more surprised that 4% of the people are related to Gary Cherone.

Me too! LOL

naturochem
10-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by Binky
Hagar is all this, I love you shit whereas Roth is very, hey man I wanna rock and roll I wanna party! And shag your girlfriend later.

Why would Dave want to carpet some dude's, skank??

naturochem
10-10-2007, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by naturochem
Why would Dave want to carpet some dude's, skank??
Whoops....my bad???
Sorry, didn't notice you hail from UK-land....

Note - *Friendly* edification below:

Dave usually want's to "Fuck" some guy's girlfriend.
"Shag" is a type of carpet once used here in the ol' USofA....

:sex:

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Who cares about the fat clown?

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Spammy = Poop!

SNIPER
10-11-2007, 02:15 AM
Sammy Hagar needs to work a fucking taco truck with Mike down in East L.A. That would get their heads on straight if they made in through the fucking night. Ha!

hain23x
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
99.9% of reviews have been great for the tour. Even the naysayers are comin' around