PDA

View Full Version : VAN HALEN - the next generation...

DavidLeeNatra
10-06-2007, 12:30 PM
my daughter (13) is on a pupils' message board in germany and there is a forum of =VH= fans...

they were discussing the new tour and the line-up and my little girl wanted to know about the roth - hagar issue...(she hasn't known that there was something like hagar in VH so far :D ) so I showed her the difference from 2004 and 2007...

first thing she asked when she saw hagar in the worchester vid was... "is he gay?"

how proud can you be as a father???

philouze
10-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Dirk, I don't want kids, and I'll never have one (I must fuck for that).. But, you got a hell of a daughter !
"Is he gay ?".... You bet your ass he is !! hehe
Outstanding !

Hummarstra
10-06-2007, 12:47 PM
:)

bantonelli
10-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
my daughter (13) is on a pupils' message board in germany and there is a forum of =VH= fans...

they were discussing the new tour and the line-up and my little girl wanted to know about the roth - hagar issue...(she hasn't known that there was something like hagar in VH so far :D ) so I showed her the difference from 2004 and 2007...

first thing she asked when she saw hagar in the worchester vid was... "is he gay?"

LMAO!!! DavidLeeNatra - PRIDE Baby! PRIDE! They do say that Fathers and Daughters have a Special Bond....in this case =VH= is very insync and she's obviously a ROTH fan. You have taught her extremely well.

She has earned the pride of the RothArmy too!!!

As;) :hula: :daisy:

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 01:53 PM
Funny story -

Every time Van Hagar would come on the radio I would make some kind of random insult about Hagar and turn it off. One day, when my daughter was about 6, "Why Can't this be Love" came on. I immediately heard the sweetest, but yet disgusted, little voice coming from the back seat of my car. She said "Spammy Gaygar!".

Funny thing is, at the time, I had never used that one! She made it up herself! :D

I was very proud.

bantonelli
10-06-2007, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by diamondsgirl
Funny story -

Every time Van Hagar would come on the radio I would make some kind of random insult about Hagar and turn it off. One day, when my daughter was about 6, "Why Can't this be Love" came on. I immediately heard the sweetest, but yet disgusted, little voice coming from the back seat of my car. She said "Spammy Gaygar!".

Funny thing is, at the time, I had never used that one! She made it up herself! :D

I was very proud.

Dave would love this story :D

DavidLeeNatra
10-06-2007, 02:03 PM
we KNOW how to teach the kids... :D

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 03:18 PM
She is now 13, btw. And loves CVH.

My other daughter is 18 and she has thanked me for "teaching" her. She has scored points with some of the guys she has liked because she knew so much about Roth and CVH. Not to mention her CVH logo Tshirt.

And let me tell you about my son...lol...tell me if I'm boring you!

He has CVH on his playlist. He was doing some yard work for me and had his tunes on and he's got at least a dozen or so CVH songs he bagged from my CDs.

Well edjamacated kids. :D

jero
10-06-2007, 03:41 PM
we KNOW how to teach the kids... :D

I wish. Nelly Fortado and Beyonce is what I got. And I've tried fucking everything...

DavidLeeNatra
10-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by jero
I wish. Nelly Fortado and Beyonce is what I got. And I've tried fucking everything...

ouch...it started with the question "dad, you 'got eye of the tiger?'"

and I went "sure, but how about a little 'panama' instead?"...

it worked... :D

DavidLeeNatra
10-06-2007, 04:39 PM
tell me if I'm boring you!

no way... :D

jharp84
10-06-2007, 04:45 PM
"5-er" ! Sorry I didn't get ya in the past!! I thought I did til I checked the "list"! Better "late than never" is my motto in life!

bantonelli
10-06-2007, 06:10 PM
She is now 13, btw. And loves CVH.

My other daughter is 18 and she has thanked me for "teaching" her. She has scored points with some of the guys she has liked because she knew so much about Roth and CVH. Not to mention her CVH logo Tshirt.

And let me tell you about my son...lol...tell me if I'm boring you!

He has CVH on his playlist. He was doing some yard work for me and had his tunes on and he's got at least a dozen or so CVH songs he bagged from my CDs.

Well edjamacated kids. :D

DG - Are you attending the show with your kids? They definitely have a great education and the hippest Mom! I'm sure their friends are envious of their knowledge of the coolest Rock History, compliments of their "Hot for Teacher" (MOM!) :D

...Who ever said that a fine education doesn't first start in the home. ;)

jharp84
10-06-2007, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli

A+++ for that! Bunnie! :ssmile:

Deklon
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM
My 5 and 3 year olds sing a lot of the words to several songs. And get this...they make me play Van Halen songs on the guitar for them all the time. The 3 tear old always makes me play Unchained about 40 times. The play the "drums" and tomborine.

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by bantonelli
DG - Are you attending the show with your kids? They definitely have a great education and the hippest Mom! I'm sure their friends are envious of their knowledge of the coolest Rock History, compliments of their "Hot for Teacher" (MOM!) :D

Not sure if I am going to take one of my kids, if I did, it would be my 13 year old. She's the bigger fan of the bunch.

All my kids knew Dave's voice before they ever saw the light of day! :D

http://blogs.voices.com/voxdaily/pregnant-woman-headphones.jpg

diamondsgirl
10-06-2007, 09:52 PM
My nephew used to ask me to play Unchained in the car.

Yeah...I'm working on my brothers kids too! :D

Halen High
10-06-2007, 10:49 PM

This tour will give the CVH legacy a massive boost. Kids today who have an interest in old school 70s/80s metal/hard rock will definately relate more to the CVH era. They just need to be exposed to it.

In Australia, Motley Crue, GNR, Kiss, ACDC and Ozzy have big fan bases in the 16-25yo rock fan demographic. Yet CVH was always the coolest. Sadly, VH have basically disappeared off the radar here. The boring Van Hagar era and the drama of the last decade has really hurt the VH legacy.

But there's a real chance now. A smoking hot new album and world tour in 2008 would generate a lot of interest in the 1978-84 era.

TVGUY
10-06-2007, 11:06 PM
I give my kids there CVH lesson every weekend.. My two year old boy loves Hot for teacher... I almost bought him the VH tour Tshirt with the pin up girl on it... I really wish I had.

Deklon
10-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Who would gave ever thought we would be here 20 years later talking about our kids and VH? Just makes it all that much better