PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy to come out in February off 2008

Vanessa
10-08-2007, 01:07 PM
GNR CD Release Set

10/03/07
(antiMusic) Could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GNR fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.
An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GNR fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February. - What to expect? Here is our review of the leaked tracks

binnie
10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
Well, we know that the music exists, but as to whether it will ever see the light of day - who knows?

I'd actually love to hear it, but after all this time it could be the greatest piece of music ever written and it still meet the expectation.

LoungeMachine
10-08-2007, 01:30 PM
When it was initially recorded, it was sequenced to handle the latest 8-track tape players....

I hear it's even in Dolby.

:rolleyes:

NATEDOG001976
10-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
When it was initially recorded, it was sequenced to handle the latest 8-track tape players....

I hear it's even in Dolby.

:rolleyes:

Cool!

I'm getting it on Mini-Disc!

bastardog
10-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Actually I bougth a copy last saturday. I was thinking it was released already and now, after reading this thread, I realize it is not....

Who will buy that shit on february when everybody already had it....

bueno bob
10-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Anybody who wants this stupid thing already has it...and had for a while.

Advice for Axl? Shelve this shit, get back in the studio and spend another 12 years on a solo album, kay fuckwad?

Thanks!

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 09:57 AM
If and when this comes out, it's going to sound like a dated piece of industrial-techno shit. He basically was trying to go with the flow in the mid-90s of the Nine Inch Nails themed stuff, but time has passed the woe-is-me shit by...

Calling this think GNR will be an insult to whatever music they made before burning out and hitting the wall...

katie
10-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Since the late 90's there has been 4 versions that I know of,
each with different tracks. None of em' really hitting the mark.

You can't polish a turd Axel

Give it up

Steve Savicki
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Alot of time has passed since the first announcement of this album. With so much time gone by, it may be that it reflects the effort.

This could be the best Guns N' Roses album yet! :p

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Alot of time has passed since the first announcement of this album. With so much time gone by, it may be that it reflects the effort.

Uh no dude, albums that take forever being inherently great as a reflection of the time taken to record them is a concept with a pretty poor track record...

I think Boston's "Third Stage" comes to mind. A good album, but nothing mind blowing considering it took over eight years to make because Tom Schultz is OC and kind of a dick...

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
This will be GnR's TUSK.

:gulp:

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Naw. TUSK at least had the original band members (well, not technically, but...) and sold some.

Steve Savicki
10-09-2007, 11:28 AM
What's TUSK?

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Naw. TUSK at least had the original band members (well, not technically, but...) and sold some.

It took forever, went waay over budget, and was a critical flop instead of Rumors II as it was advertised...

That's all Im saying.....

Doubt AXL will use the USC marching band either...

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 11:36 AM
What's TUSK?

Use The Google, Steve-o

bueno bob
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/2707992/2/istockphoto_2707992_elephant_tusk_close_up.jpg

:D

NATEDOG001976
10-09-2007, 11:48 AM
Will they have that great song "Oh my god"? from the "End of days" movie on the CD???

LOL.

NATEDOG001976
10-09-2007, 11:51 AM
Maybe the should call it the "Oxy Moron" cd?

Nickdfresh
10-09-2007, 12:00 PM
It took forever, went waay over budget, and was a critical flop instead of Rumors II as it was advertised...

That's all Im saying.....

Doubt AXL will use the USC marching band either...

Oh, I know. But Axl doesn't even deserve that much credit for what is undoubtedly uninspired trend-following shit...

Axl is no Lindsey Buckingham sir. :D

At least Fleetwood Mac managed to hold it together to an extent...

LoungeMachine
10-09-2007, 12:08 PM

Axl is no Lindsey Buckingham sir. :D

LMAO

May very well be the understatement of the decade...

:D

Good old Lloyd Bentsen

ppg960
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Who really cares?
GNR is done-have been for awhile.
Axl is an Asshole that nobody can deal with.

bastardog
10-09-2007, 02:41 PM

jaja.....the copy I have just have 1 good song and I mean good....not excellent or great just good.
The rest are fillers.........even for Def Leppard

binnie
10-10-2007, 03:30 AM
I heard Axl is doing the soundtrack to the next installment of "The Never Ending Story" movies....

Mr Badguy
10-10-2007, 09:18 AM
I love a good "Chinese Democray coming out in (enter date here)" thread.

Anyone not started one yet?

binnie
10-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
I love a good "Chinese Democray coming out in (enter date here)" thread.

Anyone not started one yet?

Axl Rose hasn't started one yet.

NATEDOG001976
10-11-2007, 01:39 AM
Maybe Axl will say just kidding...no album...lol.

Jack68
10-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Im more interested in a Vanhalen record when they finish the tour.chinese democracy egads man.Vanhalen can roll this into a continuation as the eagles did.Of course a great record would help.I think Axl overstayed his mystique and welcome,bye bye now freak.I dont know i live in shallow world..VanHalen as is now is a better buy then a shit album which was mixed 8 years ago and the freak is trying to make it to be pet sounds of this generation.strike while the iron is hot and dont try and reinvent the wheel to some extent.

chi-town324
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
doesn't Axel have cornrows or some shit like that now?

Mezro
10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
It took forever, went waay over budget, and was a critical flop

Axl is headed for a giant Tusk, followed by him going insane (like he always do), followed by a frantic phone call to Slash ("you are my brother and I love you" yadda, yadda, yadda).

Mezro...and then Slash's son will play bass on the 2009 "Welcome To The Jungle After The Fumble" Tour...it will all work out...only Steven Adler will still be greeting Walmart customers from atop a mobility scooter...

Steve Savicki
10-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Mezro a frantic phone call to Slash ("you are my brother and I love you" yadda, yadda, yadda).
I thought it would be Izzy at first since he and Axl were childhood friends.

Panamark
10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
I wont even give it a listen..
A single remaining member of a once great group
charading as the original group,

can go and GET FUCKED !

It was mildly amusing when buckethead was playing,
at least you never knew when a piece of leftover KFC
would fall out of his head..

If they get the band back together and release
a new album, I would buy that.. (And pay to see
them live) but fuckit, AXL solo is just not worth it..

Nickdfresh
10-13-2007, 02:57 PM
Isn't there an old thread around here of 'Chinese Democracy' outtakes?

They mostly sounds like bad Depeche Mode meets Nine Inch Nails if I remember right...

Nickdfresh
10-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Panamark
I wont even give it a listen..
A single remaining member of a once great group
charading as the original group,

can go and GET FUCKED !

It was mildly amusing when buckethead was playing,
at least you never knew when a piece of leftover KFC
would fall out of his head..

If they get the band back together and release
a new album, I would buy that.. (And pay to see
them live) but fuckit, AXL solo is just not worth it..

I thought I heard something about the semi-original line-up including slash and Izzy trying to goad Axel back a few months back?

Mezro
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
I thought it would be Izzy at first since he and Axl were childhood friends.

Axl already has him hooked on the Kool-Aid...Izzy would melt back into the fold faster than butter in a camel's ass.

Mezro...now that Steven Adler would be a tough one to lure back...:rolleyes: ...you could pay that fucker with pork rinds and pay him $150 per show...he wouldn't know the difference...

EAT MY ASSHOLE
10-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by Mezro
Axl is headed for a giant Tusk, followed by him going insane (like he always do), followed by a frantic phone call to Slash ("you are my brother and I love you" yadda, yadda, yadda).

Tusk is a GREAT fucking album. One of the weirdest and most artistic albums ever. Lindsey Buckingham gets some truly innovative sounds and songs, and the more commercial stuff from Nicks and McVie are actually pretty melancholy and in some cases - Beautiful Child and Storms - slighly disturbing underneath the pop sheen.

Coming off the wake of Rumors, I'd say Tusk is every bit as punk rock - in the true sense - as anything by the Clash or the Buzzcocks.

jharp84
10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I thought I heard something about the semi-original line-up including slash and Izzy trying to goad Axel back a few months back?

ME TOO! FOO! :)

jharp84
10-13-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
Tusk is a GREAT fucking album. One of the weirdest and most artistic albums ever. Lindsey Buckingham gets some truly innovative sounds and songs, and the more commercial stuff from Nicks and McVie are actually pretty melancholy and in some cases - Beautiful Child and Storms - slighly disturbing underneath the pop sheen.

Coming off the wake of Rumors, I'd say Tusk is every bit as punk rock - in the true sense - as anything by the Clash or the Buzzcocks.

Love this site! Start thread 'bout AXL fucked up rose and get dwon to fleetwood's TUSK!

Jack68
10-13-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE

Always loved Tusk.

bueno bob
10-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Honestly, I imagine "Chinese Democracy" will eventually go the way of "Smile"...except nobody will really be wondering what he was aiming for 30 years after the fact as was the case with Brian Wilson...

Even if it does get to a certain release date, I'd bet dollars to donuts that Axl will decide at the last second to scrap a track or two in favor of something new, decide he hates the artwork, decide he wants to change the album title and recall everything back from the printer...

There's like 4 completed versions of this album making the rounds now, aren't there? I've heard two and they're not much more than pseudo-Marilyn Manson bullshit. Even as that, it's not particularly good and nothing that's going to even remotely NEAR the build up it's (kinda) had.

After these many years, Axl could release an album to threaten the status of "Appetite for Destruction" in the history of rock music and it'd still be considered a letdown. And we all know that's NOT going to happen...

Panamark
10-14-2007, 08:58 AM
An AXL without wheels is a stationery wreck....

Nickdfresh
10-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jharp84
ME TOO! FOO! :)

Naw. I read some stuff and Slash has done a recent interview (I'm not postin' it, but you can get it with Google "News") in which he basically states that it's "never going to happen." He also basically says he wonders why everyone lives in the past? Cares only about the GNR days blah blah blah....

I think someone might remind him that GNR was the last time he did anything interesting that was really relevant and the stuff with Velvet Revolver is just a bore-fest for me...

It'd be nice if these clowns stopped "using their illusions" and reformed...

katie
02-27-2009, 04:50 AM
Any news when this is coming out?

FORD
02-28-2009, 01:33 AM
Shut this fucking cunt down!

Julius
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
I'm moving this to the dump....

katie
02-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Shut this fucking cunt down!

http://img.tesco.com/pi/Books/L/19/9780099255819.jpg

katie
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
What is the release date on this Shaun?

FORD
03-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Neurotic Outsiders blows away Chinese Hypocrisy AND Vomit Revolver

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1REWnPfy9Sc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1REWnPfy9Sc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FORD
03-01-2009, 11:58 PM
This song sounds 100 times closer to "Appetite for Destruction" than anything Ax-hole Rose will ever record with his band of halfwit bucketheaded studio session men.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/czj9cUEtKfc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/czj9cUEtKfc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

katie
03-02-2009, 04:34 PM
Off topic

Angel
03-02-2009, 04:42 PM
From what I understand, telling a cunt like you to fuck off is NEVER off topic...

so fuck off, cunt!

katie
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
From what I understand, telling a cunt like you to fuck off is NEVER off topic...

so fuck off, cunt!

Why are you so fat?

Angel
03-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Is that the best you can do little girl? You're playing with the big boys here, you'd better come up with something better than that!

Like we've told you numerous times, FUCK OFF CUNT!
:dafinger:

Hellraiser!!
03-03-2009, 08:42 PM
This song sounds 100 times closer to "Appetite for Destruction" than anything Ax-hole Rose will ever record with his band of halfwit bucketheaded studio session men.

Well FORD, as much as we all hate Axl and Scott...I really think the last Velvet Revolver album is pretty cool!!!

And Chinese Democracy was one of the best stuff released last year, it wasn't the best just because Stone Gods blew everybody!!!!

katie
03-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Is that the best you can do little girl? You're playing with the big boys here, you'd better come up with something better than that!

Like we've told you numerous times, FUCK OFF CUNT!
:dafinger:

Is swearing aloud on this forum?