• Show
Clear All
  • Vanessa
    Roadie
    • Jun 2007

Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy to come out in February off 2008

GNR CD Release Set

10/03/07
    (antiMusic) Could it be? After many false starts and rumored release dates it does look like it is finally going to happen. That's right the new Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" has a release date. At least in the UK which usually sees releases the day before the US does. If your valentine is a GNR fan then you'll have the perfect gift next year. So you gotta have just a little more patience.
    An astute reader informed us today that Amazon's UK store is now listing the release date for Chinese Democracy as Tuesday February 12, 2008. (which we confirmed) UK releases usually come out on Monday so this may be an exception or a typo but two other leading UK retailers list a February 11th release date. At press time the US Amazon site does not list the album. The UK site lists Geffen/Universal as the label. So news of Axl's split with the label might not be entirely true but obviously the label would like to recoup the millions they have sunk into the effort. Early mixes of few tracks leaked last year and were meet with rave reviews by the true believers and many expected an imminent release of the album when Axl announced a world tour late last year where he previewed some tracks from the CD. Then a management shuffle came and Axl issued a statement saying the release was coming soon.

Now that you are jumping up and down in celebration we have to tell that this isn't the first time a UK based retailer has published a release date for "Chinese Democracy". In February, HMV's website excited GNR fans when they listed a September 2007 release date. Which will all know did not come to pass. A check of their site today shows a release date of February 11, 2008 which falls in line with the Monday release for UK releases. However, to add more fuel to the fire that this is legit, Virgin Megastore's UK site also lists a 2/11/08 release date. So with three leading retailers listing a release that week we may finally, at last see "Chinese Democracy" come to pass in February. - What to expect? Here is our review of the leaked tracks
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Well, we know that the music exists, but as to whether it will ever see the light of day - who knows?

I'd actually love to hear it, but after all this time it could be the greatest piece of music ever written and it still meet the expectation.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

When it was initially recorded, it was sequenced to handle the latest 8-track tape players....

I hear it's even in Dolby.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
        Veteran
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
        When it was initially recorded, it was sequenced to handle the latest 8-track tape players....

I hear it's even in Dolby.

Cool!

I'm getting it on Mini-Disc!
        http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
        Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
        Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• bastardog
          Commando
          • Feb 2004

Actually I bougth a copy last saturday. I was thinking it was released already and now, after reading this thread, I realize it is not....

Who will buy that shit on february when everybody already had it....
          Bastardog

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Anybody who wants this stupid thing already has it...and had for a while.

Advice for Axl? Shelve this shit, get back in the studio and spend another 12 years on a solo album, kay fuckwad?

Thanks!
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

If and when this comes out, it's going to sound like a dated piece of industrial-techno shit. He basically was trying to go with the flow in the mid-90s of the Nine Inch Nails themed stuff, but time has passed the woe-is-me shit by...

Calling this think GNR will be an insult to whatever music they made before burning out and hitting the wall...

Comment

• katie
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

Since the late 90's there has been 4 versions that I know of,
                each with different tracks. None of em' really hitting the mark.

You can't polish a turd Axel

Give it up

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Alot of time has passed since the first announcement of this album. With so much time gone by, it may be that it reflects the effort.

This could be the best Guns N' Roses album yet! :p
                  sigpic

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                    Alot of time has passed since the first announcement of this album. With so much time gone by, it may be that it reflects the effort.

This could be the best Guns N' Roses album yet! :p
                    Uh no dude, albums that take forever being inherently great as a reflection of the time taken to record them is a concept with a pretty poor track record...

I think Boston's "Third Stage" comes to mind. A good album, but nothing mind blowing considering it took over eight years to make because Tom Schultz is OC and kind of a dick...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

This will be GnR's TUSK.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Naw. TUSK at least had the original band members (well, not technically, but...) and sold some.

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

What's TUSK?
                          sigpic

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Naw. TUSK at least had the original band members (well, not technically, but...) and sold some.
                            It took forever, went waay over budget, and was a critical flop instead of Rumors II as it was advertised...

That's all Im saying.....

Doubt AXL will use the USC marching band either...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Steve Savicki
                              What's TUSK?
                              Use The Google, Steve-o

Comment

Working...