• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

Vote for me.

Did anybody else see this? "Vote for me, and I'll give you $1000."

Is that a joke? Is that really the depth this country has sunk to?

That's pathetic enough, but the real pathetic part is that there are more than enough lazy fuckers in this country to jump at it.
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

That's how Chimpy got the rich right wing vote.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• knuckleboner
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

yeah, was it ok when bush proposed his $300 per person tax cut? it's a campaign promise, no different than any other.

it either has merit on its own, or it doesn't.

Comment

• Blackflag
        Banned
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by knuckleboner
        yeah, was it ok when bush proposed his $300 per person tax cut? it's a campaign promise, no different than any other.

it either has merit on its own, or it doesn't.
        The $300 deal was a campaign platform? I don't recall that.

Comment

• jharp84
          Veteran
          • Mar 2004

THIS .....country..... is in bad shape right now my friend!! But that's OK! Cause DLR/VH is playin shows! So fuck the rest and get w/the BEST!!

Comment

• Blackflag
            Banned
            • Apr 2006

So true, so true...

Comment

• knuckleboner
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blackflag
              The $300 deal was a campaign platform? I don't recall that.
              he promised a tax cut during the 2000 election.

Billing himself as a "compassionate conservative," Bush entered the presidential race in 1999, emphasizing tax cuts and changes in federal education policy.

now, i'm not inherently saying that any tax cut is automatically just an election ploy and wrong. sometimes, they're the right thing to do, regardless of when you propose them.

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

he promised a tax cut during the 2000 election.

Billing himself as a "compassionate conservative," Bush entered the presidential race in 1999, emphasizing tax cuts and changes in federal education policy.

now, i'm not inherently saying that any tax cut is automatically just an election ploy and wrong. sometimes, they're the right thing to do, regardless of when you propose them.
                There's a big difference between saying 'I'm going to cut taxes," and saying "I'm going to put $1000 in yoru 401 if you vote for me."

Big difference. Otherwise, she would just say, "I plan on cutting taxes."

Comment

• knuckleboner
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

big difference or semantics?

i would argue that i'd RATHER have somebody fully explain their campaign promise then just make some blanket statement.

if bush says, "i'd like to cut your taxes" but doesn't give me any specifics, how much can i really support that policy decision?

on the other hand, if clinton says, "i'd give everyone who qualifies under these conditions a $1000 tax cut," then i know exactly what she stands for on that particular issue.

Comment

• Blackflag
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2006

big difference or semantics?

i would argue that i'd RATHER have somebody fully explain
                    Do you really think the difference between "I'm going to lower taxes" and "I'm going to put cash in your account" is semantics?

If it were, you wouldn't rather hear the latter.

And, yes, I know you RATHER get it fully explained how much cash is going into your account...but you shouldn't be voting solely on who's putting the most cash in your 401. That's just a carpetbagger race to the bottom.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jul 2004

I'm not sure about this, so correct me if I'm wrong...

But wasn't the $300/600 checks people received from BushCO actually just advances....

I think I remember that people ended paying that back the next year on their tax returns.
                      Originally posted by Kristy
                      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                      Originally posted by cadaverdog
                      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

And it's fucking ridiculous beyond belief that ANYONE is runing on lower taxes, rebates, 401K, bonds, etc.....

We have a half-trillion dollar war to pay for that is off-budget.

The next President will face the same economic crisis that faced Carter.

Nixon handed him the bill for Viet Nam.

Why is no one running on "I'm raising taxes on war profiteers to help pay for the war" ??

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

Do you really think the difference between "I'm going to lower taxes" and "I'm going to put cash in your account" is semantics?

actually, according to your article, hillary's plan was to give people a tax cut, to be rebated to the 401k if they contributed to their own 401k programs. so it is kinda semantics between:

"tax cut" and "$1000 tax cut."

i mean, is it any different than saying, "if elected, i'm going to cut your estate taxes to zero?" or "i'm going to give you a $3000 tax credit for buying a hybrid?" or, "i'm going to remove the marriage penalty for income tax filings?" or...

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                            And it's fucking ridiculous beyond belief that ANYONE is runing on lower taxes, rebates, 401K, bonds, etc.....
                            Exactly, but whatever it takes to get elected, right? Promise whatever it takes.

i mean, is it any different than saying, "if elected, i'm going to cut your estate taxes to zero?" or "i'm going to give you a $3000 tax credit for buying a hybrid?" or, "i'm going to remove the marriage penalty for income tax filings?" or...
                            Ultimately, you're right. But it's very dramatic to say 'everybody gets $1000 if I'm elected." So what's the point of this campaign promise?

Appeal to the moron vote, of which there is plenty. Appeal to the base greed. Fucking cheap carpetbagger tricks.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Appeal to the moron vote, of which there is plenty. Appeal to the base greed. Fucking cheap carpetbagger tricks.
                              Sure worked in 2000, 2002, 2004

Comment

Working...