PDA

View Full Version : Piped in Vocals or not? That is the question

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
What is everyone's opinion? What is the consensus?

We've seen evidence. Some would say we've seen proof.

I can't be sure.

tubbyk
10-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Are you ever going to fuck off and stop trolling? That is the only question I want an answer for.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 06:00 PM
You really are an idiot.

So asking what everyone thinks is trolling?

Well, I'm asking everyone except idiots like you.

Go away and cry somewhere else.

SparkieD
10-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I think there's a little enhancement via effects here and there at the soundboard. But no, no piped in vox.

damngoodtimes
10-10-2007, 06:21 PM
who fuckin' cares?

did you go to the show and get rocked the fuck out? THAT'S the question.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 06:25 PM
I did. But was it part fraud?

One could argue that we got rocked the fuck out while the band lipsynced to the CDs.

So if you don't care, don't answer the question. Just be on your way right along with that other fool.

Nickdfresh
10-10-2007, 06:45 PM
It's a valid topic, but it's been covered...

I've no doubt that some vocals on some songs are "piped" in, but are Ed's and Wolf's, which they then sing over into the mic to broaden their sound. Some think that crowd sing-alongs have also been recorded and played back through the mixing board. So they are NOT lip-synching. This is pretty common practice for bands with complex, layered songs like U2.

I don't find this particularly terrible in itself but for the fact that they needed to do this in order to replace Michael Anthony, and Van Halen's musical arrangements have always been stripped down and meant to be preformed live.

We're not talking Pink Floyd here. They shouldn't need such corrections for straight forward arena rock...

PlexiBrown
10-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by SparkieD
I think there's a little enhancement via effects here and there at the soundboard. But no, no piped in vox.

I agree that there are no piped in vocals. No piped in bass either. I was at one show and I have two more coming up so I will check it out again.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 06:53 PM
The evidene of the piped-in vocals is to cover for Eddie, not Wolfgang.

At the Toronto show Wolfgang was clearly singing. You cold see him and hear that it was him.

We're talking about VH.....this is / was once the greatest live band. Piped-in vocals to me is fraud.

If they cant do it, they shouldn't be on the stage. It invalidates it for me.

Yeah, it was a great show. But it's like finding out the girl you're with used to be a guy.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
I agree that there are no piped in vocals. No piped in bass either. I was at one show and I have two more coming up so I will check it out again.

The clip jdrag posted is pretty convincing........Eddie singing when his lips aren't moving.

ELVIS
10-10-2007, 07:00 PM
Or Ed singing while at the same time yelling at his guitar tech...

I'm sure they're piped in...

Northern Girl
10-10-2007, 07:02 PM
Ed can barely talk since they cut out half his tongue. I wouldn't be surprised if he can't sing anymore.

No big deal to me. I don't go to a Van Halen show to hear Ed sing.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
But do you go to the show to hear the real thing?

Northern Girl
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
It's still him singing...just a long long time ago. :D

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:09 PM
I'm with Nick and Elvis here....

No big shock / been covered / whatayagonnado?

It's Milli VAN Halini

I've been getting yelled at from day one about how it's ALL ABOUT DAVE AND ED BACK ONSTAGE TOGETHER PLAYING THE SONGS.

So now you're getting even LESS than 3/4?

Oh, well.

Just don't tell WARF

He'll cancel his plans.........again.

:gulp:

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 07:11 PM
The show is outstanding, just a little tainted now.

jgdrag
10-10-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the input guys, personally I hope they are not. I am a CVH fan from way back in 78 and I accepted Edward's version of this Van Halen because of Roth. But replacing MA and having to pipe in anything to replace any backing vox is kind of a drag to me. Yes, I went to the show and rocked like I was back in the 80s and am going again on Friday.

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
The show is outstanding, just a little tainted now.

With no new material, and baby huey on bass, that bridge was crossed before it began...

But I digress,,,,,,

Ed's not singing, Wolf's not playing.......

Next we'll read AL is doing his WEEKEND AT BERNIES impression, and Dave is actually singing, but secretly thinking of someone else the whole time......

You can't go home again....

jgdrag
10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
No we can't go home Lounge, but we could try to enjoy ourselves for a while until it becomes too much which could be tomorrow

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by LoungeMachine
With no new material, and baby huey on bass, that bridge was crossed before it began...

But I digress,,,,,,

Ed's not singing, Wolf's not playing.......

Next we'll read AL is doing his WEEKEND AT BERNIES impression, and Dave is actually singing, but secretly thinking of someone else the whole time......

You can't go home again....

Dude Wolfie is playing the bass, and he's singing. There's no question about it.

The backing vocals piped-in are for Ed's shortcomings, judging by the clips posted.

There hasn't been a single clip to evidence that Wolfgang isn't legit.

jgdrag
10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
One could argue he isn't legit because he is there walking the catwalk throwing picks like some seasoned veteran.
It's like the CEO of a company hiring his son straight out of school for the job you want

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 07:46 PM
That's not his fault. And what's the big deal about throwing picks?

He's playing the bass, he's singing, and he sounds outstanding. That's as legitimate as it gets.

He sounds every bit as good as MA, maybe even better.

From what I've heard MA isn't such a great singer anymore.

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Dude Wolfie is playing the bass, and he's singing. There's no question about it.
There hasn't been a single clip to evidence that Wolfgang isn't legit.

You obviously carry different degrees of evidence for each member.

No question?

There's been 2 threads questioning it.

So, you're allowed to "question" an aspect of the tour, but dismiss all others?

Prove your claim then.

:rolleyes:

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:50 PM

I can't be sure.

But you're "sure" about wolfie...

Too funny.

Hypocrite?

Troll?

Comfused?

You decide.....

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:55 PM

He's playing the bass, he's singing, and he sounds outstanding. That's as legitimate as it gets.

Then what makes you question EVH ?

Especially to the point of starting a thread about it?

You're so sure about wolfie, yet have all thses questions about spED

Why not give us your expert opinion?

Get in your time machine if need be....

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
The clips claiming Wolfie isn't really playing have all been proven by the resident music experts to be bullshit.

If you visit DDLR, read Sesh's excellent analysis of the clip.

Try going to a show and seeing for yourself, instead of letting everyone else tell you what to think.

Then, once you've seen it yourself, make your claim.

Dave's PA Rental
10-10-2007, 07:57 PM
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 07:59 PM

Try going to a show and seeing for yourself, instead of letting everyone else tell you what to think.

I can't be sure.

LMMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you follow your own advice?

You can't be sure, and want to know everyone else's consensus.....

but now you tell ME to make my own determiniation???

What a fucking hypocritical, attention whore dumbass....

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Dave's PA Rental
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Banning isn't good enough anymore....

Kill the trolls.

There's not a jury in the world that would vote to convict....

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM
As usual, you just exposed who the real ignorant, attention whore dumbass is.

You are totally incapabale of making any reasonable, calm and informed argument on any subject. You rely on bullying to try and get by, because you're a little lonely man with nothing else going on.

But be careful who you bully, cuz you're way out of your league little man.

And until you see a show, shut the fuck up. You can't make an informed decision.

The question are for those who have SEEN a fucking show, little man.

Now go away and troll somewhere else.

Jackass.

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:03 PM

I can't be sure.

I just had to see these two statements side-by-side once again, just to be sure I wasn't hallucinating...

Oh. My. God.

Baby's On Fire
10-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Try reading it again stupid. Even you might realize what an idiot you are.

Leave it to you to start throwing shit on a legitimate discussion. You really are a sad, lonely little man.

All the proof I need is the amount of time you spend on this site. That's what's amazing. A little pathetic man with no life.

No go troll elsewhere. Seeing as you have nothing else going on in your life.

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:07 PM
I read it again.....

You now are telling people to do EXACTLY the opposite of yourself, hence this thread....

How am I fucking up your "legitimate" thread by posting your 2 quotes?

LMMFAO

Fucking hypocritical troll

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:08 PM

What was your initial post again????

LMMFAO

PlexiBrown
10-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Ed can barely talk since they cut out half his tongue. I wouldn't be surprised if he can't sing anymore.

In 2004 I was front row center stage for soundcheck and it was just Ed, Al and Mike. Spam stayed at the hotel. Ed was singing then and he is singing now.

franksters
10-10-2007, 08:19 PM
i don't give 2 shit about ed's voice anyway, as far as I'm concern they could have back up singer on stage like any other major band, and not have to deal with this issue...

but they are Van Halen and they chose otherwise...

What rock and roll without a little controversy?

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:21 PM

I can't be sure.

Gets funnier each time.....

Northern Girl
10-10-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
In 2004 I was front row center stage for soundcheck and it was just Ed, Al and Mike. Spam stayed at the hotel. Ed was singing then and he is singing now.

I couldn't care less either way, but I saw the clip in question; and Ed missed his cue and practically snapped his neck getting to the mic. OOPS!

LoungeMachine
10-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Try reading it again stupid. Even you might realize what an idiot you are.

Leave it to you to start throwing shit on a legitimate discussion. You really are a sad, lonely little man.

All the proof I need is the amount of time you spend on this site. That's what's amazing. A little pathetic man with no life.

No go troll elsewhere. Seeing as you have nothing else going on in your life.

LMMFAO

Ah, the last desperate gasp of any troll...

Denegrate and insult anyone who dares to hold the thread-starter to their OWN words...

Yes, I'm throwing shit on your "legitimate" discussion. :rolleyes:

I can't be sure.

jgdrag
10-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Why don't we just enjoy this clip or the first 40 seconds of it

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGIoE6QvyYE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wGIoE6QvyYE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Freewheelin
10-10-2007, 08:50 PM
I could give less than a shit if Ed sings or quacks as long as he plays that guitar like a motherfucker , Dave sounds great the shows have been great so what the fuck ? We aint traveling back in time but we are getting a chance to see Dave and ED on the same stage together tearing up the house while Sam plays the Tic Toc Lounge in Tunafish Wyoming . Hell just watching the Youtubes makes me happy .

Dave's PA Rental
10-10-2007, 10:02 PM
See, now that clip absolutely convinces me that Eddie is singing.

It's a two part fucking harmony at the 1:30 mark...Wolfie starts it, granted Eddie is turned away from the mic, but when he turns back to the mic, you suddenly hear the lower part (that he is singing).

Are you people on crack that you cant get that?

jgdrag
10-10-2007, 10:20 PM
That we agree(1:30 mark), but as Elvis mentions earlier , at the 40 second mark(vob file mark)(2:16 youtube mark), questions arise where the harmony is consistant but Edward is talking to somebody offstage or did you miss that? That would be post 11 of this thread. Put the pipe down! Just fuckin with ya D PA R

Northern Girl
10-10-2007, 11:49 PM
I don't think the intent is to lip sinc, but just to sing over it. It's an enhancement and apparently a good safety net when things go awry.

jharp84
10-10-2007, 11:58 PM
MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE!! GO TO THE SHOW/DON"T GO TO THE SHOW! BUT SSSSSSSHHHHHHUUUUUUTTTTT TTTTTHHHHEEEEEFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK UP about this now! I have two shows comin up! And "NOTHIN" REPEAT- FUCKIN NOTHIN GONNA RAIN ON MY PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lookie:

Northern Girl
10-11-2007, 12:00 AM
NO ONE'S FORCING YOU TO READ IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jharp84
10-11-2007, 12:02 AM
JFC!! My Buddy asked me just last night................... He said - Juice- doobage...........?????????????????/ I says ...............Buddy!!!>>>>
I would LIKKKKAAAAAHHHH to remember this as it has been 22-23 GODDAMN! YEARS MONTREAL!! So i says NO! But Now I MAY HAVE TO! NEVER IN MY RIGHT MIND WOULD I THINK ALL THIS BULLSHIT WHEN DLR/EVH TAKE THE FUCKIN STAGE!!! MO-FUCK! The juice 2007-2008 QUIT DRINKIN TOUR HAS BEEN POSTPONED INDEFINETLY!!

jharp84
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Northern Girl

Are ya sure? I thought I had incentive here?! :o

jharp84
10-11-2007, 12:06 AM

I don't think your understanding what I am saying here young lady! But that's OK cause I will fuck your girlfriend!! After the show of course! :killer:

WACF
10-11-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't think the intent is to lip sinc, but just to sing over it. It's an enhancement and apparently a good safety net when things go awry.

This may be close to what is going on....heavy on the enhancement IMO.

binnie
10-11-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by damngoodtimes
who fuckin' cares?

Exactly.

Case closed.

Unchainme
10-11-2007, 06:27 AM
it's live...Trust me, I've seen it ;)

Hyman Roth
10-11-2007, 07:32 AM

I agree. Its a minute argument. Some kind of backing tracks are used all over the place (not just vocals) in just about every concert you see. Even the metal bands pipe in some kind of intro somewhere. Its been going on for decades. The more appropriate question is if the use of backing tracks is atmospheric or are they what you are hearing exclusively? The Van Halen I saw was 98% live and it sounded great. At the concert, any backing tracks are largely inaudable and you can clearly hear both Ed and Wolf actually singing - flat notes and all.

jgdrag
10-11-2007, 07:42 AM
As a friend of mine said," if it makes you happier believing they're not pumping in vocals, then stick with whatever makes you happy"

SparkieD
10-11-2007, 08:20 AM
Oh. My. God.

Holy shit! Who woulda thought Lounge was a Rush Limbaugh fan:eek:

I watched that clip over and over, and I stand behind my original post that there's some soundboard enhancement by way of effects. No piped in bullshit.

Nickdfresh
10-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Exactly! THEY'RE NOT LIP SYNCHING!!

They ARE SINGING! Just over a track of them singing in a studio...

You can't fucking tell me that when two guys, not noted for the quality of their voices, sound like The Mormon Tabernacle Choir when they sing are not getting help!

jgdrag
10-11-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Nickdfresh
Exactly!

You can't fucking tell me that when two guys, not noted for the quality of their voices, sound like The Mormon Tabernacle Choir when they sing are not getting help!

If you get a chance to download Philly 10/01 from JTT. Have a listen to RD at the 40 second mark and 4:37 mark

Hyman Roth
10-11-2007, 11:06 AM

Respectfully, you are sensationalizing minutia. There is no choir. In
fact, the track is barely audible over the real vocals when you hear it
on the boots and completely inaudible when you hear it live. They
don't even use a track on every song. Dave is singing his heart out,
Ed's playing is inspired, Wolf is pulling off the bass, and as stated by
Ziggy Smalls in his great review of the Cleveland show last night, "Al is
a rock". The band seems to be getting along and having fun on the
stage and the audience each night is most certainly in extacy. What's
the problem?

I understand and agree with your underlying premise: that it is a
shame MA couldn't have been on the stage for this tour and it is petty
and greedy that he has been ommitted. Yet his absence has hardly
affected the music - the band sounds fantastic. There is just no way it.

jero
10-11-2007, 11:22 AM

Nuff said.

Bullshit thread anyway. Finally, finally after two decades of the fat rocker we see and hear the dreamteam again, and what do we get?

Pussy threads about possible lip synching......weak.

Nickdfresh
10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Hyman Roth
Respectfully, you are sensationalizing minutia. There is no choir. In
fact, the track is barely audible over the real vocals when you hear it
on the boots and completely inaudible when you hear it live.

I disagree. I think there is a substantial backing track on some songs, and the sound level varies according to need, and blends in with the singer's live voices because it's just more of their voices on a digital sound board...

They don't even use a track on every song. Dave is singing his heart out,
Ed's playing is inspired, Wolf is pulling off the bass, and as stated by
Ziggy Smalls in his great review of the Cleveland show last night, "Al is
a rock". The band seems to be getting along and having fun on the
stage and the audience each night is most certainly in extacy. What's
the problem?

I understand and agree with your underlying premise: that it is a
shame MA couldn't have been on the stage for this tour and it is petty
and greedy that he has been ommitted. Yet his absence has hardly
affected the music - the band sounds fantastic. There is just no way it.

I agree with all of the above and didn't say there was a "problem" per sea since I am a fan of bands that openly flaunt their backing tracks, like U2 does on songs like "Beautiful Day" or "Vertigo" live. And then of course, there is Pink Floyd that largely pioneered backing tracks.

However, I do have two small problems. The one being the obvious is that they got rid of Mike, and partially replaced him with a tape machine.

Secondly, I recall Dave mocking the fact that he went to a Pink Floyd concert in 1977 (Animals Tour) and complained that he heard a tape playing, and claiming that when he did things with Van Halen, and later solo, it was all live. That's fine, but the above music was essentially stripped down arena rock unlike either Floyd or U2. Combine that with Ed's "I'll never do a nostalgia tour" nonsense, and these guys come off a tad disingenuous...

WACF
10-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Money will do that to you....

Unchainme
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
The party I was with argued that at least Dave sang live...He took a few breaks in between the lryics, singing not whole lines..

Thats what convinced me.

Baby's On Fire
10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
It's not a question of is it right or wrong. It's only a matter of whether it's happening. Whether it's right or wrong is a matter of opinion.

So Jero can fuck off. Another guy responding to a "bullshit pussy thread",. I guess he's a pussy then.

Hey Lounge. Notice that NO ONE is backing you on your trolling?

Why don't you go away, and make this a nice place to be? You're a weak, hypocritical, pathetic troll. You're tired, and your out of gas. Run along now.

You're exactly like Sammy. Both of you have Little Man Syndrome.

But that's enough said. The consensus obviously agrees.

The VH show in 2007 is excellent; maybe piped-in vox are just a safety net? Maybe it's a fraud? It's a matter of personal choice.

I'm torn in my opinion. I just don't know. But the fact VH is on stage again is cool, regardless.

LoungeMachine
10-11-2007, 09:14 PM

Why don't you go away, and make this a nice place to be? You're a weak, hypocritical, pathetic troll. You're tired, and your out of gas. Run along now.

You're exactly like Sammy. Both of you have Little Man Syndrome.

LMMFAO

I really hurt your little feelings, didnt I?

Poor thing.

You mean NO ONE backed my opnion that this was a stupid thread, started by an attention whore, who answered his own question, and then proceeded in chiding others for doing as he did himself?

You read into this thread only what you want to see, in a weak attempt at not feeling as stupid as your own posts showed you to be.

I'm enjoying reading the reviews of it, and you turning on those in here who disagree with you.

Too bad you can't use your time machine and impeach this thread, eh?

Thanks for the laughs, Skippy.

LoungeMachine
10-11-2007, 09:21 PM

Really?

No one else thought this thread was bullshit?

Let's see....

Originally posted by tubbyk
Are you ever going to fuck off and stop trolling? That is the only question I want an answer for.

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
who fuckin' cares?

It's a valid topic, but it's been covered...

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jharp84
PLEASE!! GO TO THE SHOW/DON"T GO TO THE SHOW! BUT SSSSSSSHHHHHHUUUUUUTTTTT TTTTTHHHHEEEEEFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK UP about this now! I have two shows comin up! And "NOTHIN" REPEAT- FUCKIN NOTHIN GONNA RAIN ON MY PARADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lookie:

Originally posted by jero
Nuff said.

Bullshit thread anyway. Finally, finally after two decades of the fat rocker we see and hear the dreamteam again, and what do we get?

Pussy threads about possible lip synching......weak.

LoungeMachine
10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
Here's my favorite part of the thread.

You start a thread saying you can't make up your mind, and ask for everyone else's opinion

I can't be sure.

Then, when the thread starts turning on you, you tell people to go and make up their own minds, instead of LETTING EVERONE ELSE TELL YOU WHAT TO THINK

This is classic attention-whore material you got going on, Baby.

Well done. :D

LoungeMachine
10-11-2007, 09:29 PM

That you're a douche?

yep.

Dave's PA Rental
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by jgdrag
As a friend of mine said," if it makes you happier believing they're not pumping in vocals, then stick with whatever makes you happy"

And just as easily, the opposite statement can be made to you.

Nah-nah-nah...pppbbbbbbtttttttt.

Kennedy
10-11-2007, 09:55 PM
There are key guitar sections piped in for sure.

jgdrag
10-11-2007, 10:39 PM
And just as easily, the opposite statement can be made to you.

Nah-nah-nah...pppbbbbbbtttttttt.

Yes it can, but I have already been to the show and am going again tomorrow night. I don't have a problem with the background singing, I just like to know what I am getting for my money.

TVGUY
10-11-2007, 11:17 PM
Holy shit.. did you hear on the Jump video clip... I clearly heard a keyboard and Eddie was playing guitar the whole time!!! WTF.. does he have an extra set of fingers I'm not aware of..
That's it.. I want my money back!!! What a fraud!!

LoungeMachine
10-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Holy Shit!!!

You guys are not going to believe this, but....

Look at the Youtubes again, closely.

But look at the audience, not the band.

SOME OF THE APPLAUSE AND SCREAMS DON'T LINE UP!!!

They're sweetening the audience tracks!!!

Unbelievable.

LoungeMachine
10-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Welp, must be about time to dump this....

DlocRoth
10-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Listen to Kip....

He is wise in the ways of piping.

jero
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Holy Shit!!!

You guys are not going to believe this, but....

Look at the Youtubes again, closely.

But look at the audience, not the band.

SOME OF THE APPLAUSE AND SCREAMS DON'T LINE UP!!!

They're sweetening the audience tracks!!!

Unbelievable.

LOL.

DLR'sCock
10-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by DlocRoth
Listen to Kip....

He is wise in the ways of piping.

That's funny, I remember a buddy of mine telling me in 1990 how when he saw Winger in 88/89 at some club he could have sworn that the bass was not all real, or at least part of the time. I remember him telling me that he distinctly saw Kips hands in the air, but heard the pulse of the bass through the PA.

I think this the first time i have thought about that since he told me back then. I have no idea about whether what is true or not, nor do I care.

Nickdfresh
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Kennedy
There are key guitar sections piped in for sure.

Like where?

jero
10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Like nowhere

paternity ins
10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
See, now that clip absolutely convinces me that Eddie is singing.

It's a two part fucking harmony at the 1:30 mark...Wolfie starts it, granted Eddie is turned away from the mic, but when he turns back to the mic, you suddenly hear the lower part (that he is singing).

Are you people on crack that you cant get that?

i agree 100%. it's totally obvious that ed is singing on this song, at least.

what i've heard from friends who went (i didn't) - most of the backing vox are straight wolf and ed, but that certain anthemic-type parts (e.g., the chorus of "beautiful girls") are "beefed up," which probably means they are run through some sort of processing to make the backing vocals sound "bigger."

it's still them doing it, and it's really not that much different than adding compression, reverb, delay, etc.. to the dave's vox (which they do), and it's not more "cheating" than the phase shifter ed is using on this particular song.

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
You really are an idiot.

What a little cunt you are.

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:00 PM
You really are an idiot.

What a little cunt you are.