PDA

View Full Version : Will MMA decline into obscurity??

naturochem
10-12-2007, 10:24 PM
With Couture now hanging up the gloves & Liddell soon to follow, what now becomes of current 'worlds fastest growing sport'?

Will Douchebag Dana White actually start paying athletes more than construction workers??

It's been quite amazing what this team of second rate businessmen and a former doorman have been able to accomplish, yet the 1st real test of staying power for the entire sport will soon approach.

I anticipated the merger with Pride having a large positive effect on the sport; however, the way it's been handled has been laughable... With the exception of incorporating Rampage into the UFC gamut, there has been nothing remotely positive accomplished since the consolidation of the two heavyweights of the MMA game.

Liddell / Wanderlei Silva had (maybe still HAS..) the potential to be an amazing draw, & an incredible fight as well!! (If it happens, the house is going on Silva with odds..) But since he lost to Rampage, I think Chuckie is having second thoughts about taking on the ugly fucker, and is seriously considering following Randy's departure from the sport altogether.

To make matters worse, cheap fuck White then goes & loses the opportunity to sign Fedor Emelianenko, with whom Randy has wanted to fight forever -- Dana says because the Russian's people were total lamefuck morons (this coming from a guy who'd fight his mama for the right amt o'dough) -- over what was obviously monetary issues... I'm thinking there is no bigger head in all of sports right now, than Doorman White!

So with the latest fiasco (Couture) on the table, that fuckin' dildoe White is considering taking Liddell / Silva off of the UFC 79 card on Dec 29th & letting Hughes / Serra be the headliner!! I've got news, there ain't gonna be NEAR the interest in that fight & if he doesn't pull something positive quickly, this sport will likely decline into Arena Football hell...

There was a time when I thought White was the businessman of the decade, pulling the sport out of the gutter in a few years & getting PPV dough to rival (& even surpass!) that of boxing... Now I think he's going to dump everything he's helped to create right down the fuckin' toilet....

BITEYOASS
10-13-2007, 09:56 PM
What a coincidence, I just read an interview from last year in which Dana White admits that he gambles often. Chances are that whatever was suppose to be paid, wound up at the craps table.