PDA

View Full Version : Ki$$ology III on the way

Mr Badguy
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
KISS has set a December 18, 2007 release date for the third volume of a definitive DVD collection, "Kissology – Vol. 3 1992-2000". The set will contain nearly 10 hours of KISS live on stage, including songs that didn't make it into the broadcast or CD version of the MTV "Unplugged" performance; and the much-heralded Queens, NY Coventry Show from December 1973 — the band's first-ever concert filmed in makeup in its entirety.

"Kissology - Vol. 3 1992-2000" has been super-expanded to four DVDs, featuring over 100 live performances, commentary from Paul Stanley, Gene Simmons, Bruce Kulick and Tommy Thayer as well as a 20-page full-color booklet.

Five concerts are included:

* Detroit – 1992
* Detroit – 1996
* Los Angeles – 1998
* New Jersey – 2000
* Queens, NY - 1973

One version of the release will feature a fifth bonus disc of KISS' performance at the KROQ Weenie Roast on June 15, 1996. Tracks include: "Deuce", "Love Gun", "Calling Dr. Love", "Firehouse", "Shock Me", "100,000 Years", "Detroit Rock City", "Black Diamond" and "Rock and Roll All Nite".

==========================

Source: Blabbermouth

Mr Badguy
10-16-2007, 03:54 PM
They`ve done it again.

If you want the 1973 footage then you have to buy the crappy "Alive III" show, MTV unplugged and a bunch of reunion concerts that don`t hold a candle to the stuff on Vol.1.

Get your wallets out.

Steve Savicki
10-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Not buying it.

ace diamond
10-16-2007, 05:24 PM
I'M GETTING IT.

DrMaddVibe
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Both of those Detroit shows were as fine as they ever played live. The setlists were on fire and they really brought the show.

I was able to catch every single night.

I have a boot of each that isn't the greatest quality. They had cameras rolling and a LOT of them. I'll be busting out the 1st communion dough for these!

cMb
10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.kissonline.com/news/images/2_kissology3a.JPG

On a side note, I picked up Megadeth's 'Warchest' earlier this week & there is a smokin version of 'Strange Ways' on it. It is described as an out-take 'Kiss My Ass' track. Most likely not used for the album because it's a Frehley penned song & Gene & Paul didn't want to pay Ace...:rolleyes:

WACF
10-16-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm in...

binnie
10-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Part of me hates their blatent money grabbing tactics, but the other part of me really wants this....

DeadMan1984
10-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Sweet, Revenge, Unplugged, and Reunion 96-00 stuff and nothing from 2001-now! AWESOME and we get a 1973 concert, it's like X-Mas a week early.

ace diamond
10-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I was at the Dodger Stadium show on Helloween 1998. fucking gfreat show.......i have a killer boot of it.....be nice to have this.

the new jersey 2000 and detroit 1996 shows are not the full shows. i have a pro-shot boot of the nj 2000 show and i have seen the setlist from detroit 1996......they played other stuff not listed,like 2,000 man,
c'mon and love me, and several more.
the new jersey 2000 show is missing i love it loud, lick it up,2,000 man.
otherwise a great show.

ace diamond
10-17-2007, 01:49 PM
27-6-2000 Continental Airlines Arena, E. Rutherford, NJ

Setlist:

Detroit rock city
Deuce
Shout it out loud
I love it loud
Shock me
Firehouse
Do you love me
Dr.love
Heavens on fire
Let me go rock and roll
2000 man
Psycho circus
Lick it up
God of thunder
Cold gin
100 000 years
Love gun
I still love you
Black diamond
Beth
Rock and roll all nite

jharp84
10-17-2007, 02:04 PM
I'm Buyin!

ace diamond
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
I'm Buyin!
me too.....but i want the version that will have the kroq weenie roast as the bonus disc........i was there.

Terry
10-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
They`ve done it again.

If you want the 1973 footage then you have to buy the crappy "Alive III" show, MTV unplugged and a bunch of reunion concerts that don`t hold a candle to the stuff on Vol.1.

Get your wallets out.

I'm passing on this one.

The 1973 footage doesn't hold enough interest to warrant shelling out the dough for the 1992-2000 footage I have no interest in.

Got Vol 1 and 2, and even with 2 the third disc got play once, and that's probably all it's ever gonna get (have no use for the mid-1980s KISS and beyond).

Once I scoop up the new TSRST release next month and the 5 disc Blade Runner dvd release in December, I'm done.

Might, MIGHT, pick up the 1973 show disc via Netflix and dup it if the footage and audio are any good (presuming the discs are all made available individually, which they'd pretty much have to be).

Got PLENTY of KISS stuff, between all the CD upgrades, boots and offical vid releases.

Tough titties for Gene and Pauline, but I'm done.

jharp84
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
Hear Ya! I'll copy you on the 73' I'm gettin for the 96" Pro-shot! They are now toast! But at least they took care of their "peeps"!!

Terry
10-17-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by jharp84
Hear Ya! I'll copy you on the 73' I'm gettin for the 96" Pro-shot! They are now toast! But at least they took care of their "peeps"!!

fuckin A

binnie
10-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Being an ardent Kiss fan must be a great thing: you'll always have product to buy.

That being said, with the amount of merchandise, I doubt that you could ever have everything...

Terry
10-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by binnie
Being an ardent Kiss fan must be a great thing: you'll always have product to buy.

That being said, with the amount of merchandise, I doubt that you could ever have everything...

The band slapped the logo on so many things, it'd be hard to collect them all...

Outside of the cd's and vids, have no interest in any of the rest of the merchandising, myself.

cMb
10-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm not a Kiss collector, but I do have a lot of posters, videos & books by/about Kiss.

The original Kisstory books they put out around the reunion era are really nice. I have 2 of them auto'd by the original 4.

They made Kisstory 2 books a few years later, but that one kind of sucked & there was no autographed run of them.

As for all the stupid shit they sell at Spencers or whatever, I wouldn't pay a dime for that crap.

Mr. Vengeance
10-20-2007, 06:28 PM
I will buy it!!!

jharp84
10-20-2007, 06:34 PM
All I need is a pro-shot 1996 reunion dvd/cd! Ya see Gene's collection room in the tv show! HOLY SHIT!!

ace diamond
10-21-2007, 07:19 PM
dude....i have one on vhs.atlanta......2 different versions. ver.1 is the regular film edit of the show with 2 minor signal drops.1 during the intro and beginning of deuce....the other during king of the night time world. not reall a big deal.

version 2 is without and glitches,however from the beginning of the show up to shock me.....the footage is only the camera that is mounted on the left of the drums so all you see is peter criss. after it gets to shcok me,it goes to the footage of one of the cameras in front in the pit between the stage and barricade in front of gene.

jharp84
10-21-2007, 07:21 PM
VERY COOL! I still gotta buy the DVD to make COLLECTION COMPLETE! BUT FUCKIN A! YOURS WOULD BE A WELCOME ADDITION TO THE HOUSE OF JUICE BOOT MUSEUM!

ace diamond
10-21-2007, 07:44 PM
dude....i've got tha fuckin motherload when it come to kiss boots!!!!
but yeah.....i'm gonna get all the bonus discs too!!!!
as with volumes 1 and 2...........i got all the bonus discs!

ace diamond
10-31-2007, 04:10 AM
hey,the detroit 1992 show is not the full setlist. missing is hotter than hell and firehouse.
it was part of a 3 song medley parasite/hotter then hell/firehouse. also missing is i want you.

ace diamond
10-31-2007, 04:14 AM
I was at the Dodger Stadium show on Helloween 1998. fucking gfreat show.......i have a killer boot of it.....be nice to have this.

the new jersey 2000 and detroit 1996 shows are not the full shows. i have a pro-shot boot of the nj 2000 show and i have seen the setlist from detroit 1996......they played other stuff not listed,like 2,000 man,
c'mon and love me,black diamond and several more.
the new jersey 2000 show is missing i love it loud, lick it up,2,000 man.
otherwise a great show.

Vinnie Velvet
10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Vol. 1 and 2 were great.

I will be buying this one.

The Detroit 96 show was great --- maybe not '76 caliber great, but great nonetheless.

Also, the 92 show would be cool as well -- word has it that its not the heavily doctored and edited Alive III version of the show -- so it should be better.

It'll complete the collection.

Mr Badguy
10-31-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
Also, the 92 show would be cool as well -- word has it that its not the heavily doctored and edited Alive III version of the show -- so it should be better.

That`s good news.

The version on "Kiss Konfidential" looks as if it`s been synced to the "Alive III" album versions and they appear to be miming.

Worth it if only for Paul Stanley`s ridiculous prancing about at the start of "Love gun".

Mr Badguy
10-31-2007, 05:56 PM
And here it is:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9wOi7d1T8Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W9wOi7d1T8Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mr Badguy
10-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Watching him doing it without a guitar is worse:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6MVyGvoHBs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R6MVyGvoHBs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ace diamond
10-31-2007, 06:19 PM
i miss eric carr. so sad about what happened to him.

Terry
11-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Know what? Had only glanced at the initial track listings, hadn't noticed the Unplugged 1995 stuff was on there, so I'm gonna end up getting it, too...

But NO FUCKIN' WAY am I getting KI$$ology 4 ;)

The sweet part is if Kissology 3 holds true to the projected release date, said date will coincide with the release of the 5 disc Blade Runner Ultimate Collector's Edition dvd as well.

Vinnie Velvet
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Terry

But NO FUCKIN' WAY am I getting KI$$ology 4 ;)

There won't be a volume 4 since this was always going to be a 3 volume collection.

After all, what is there to document after 2000??

The only thing which may be SOMEWHAT worthy is the Japan/Aussie 2001 shows they did with Singer in Pete's makeup (with Ace).

I think the 3 volume is perfect -- pre-scab days.

Terry
11-03-2007, 08:35 AM
There won't be a volume 4 since this was always going to be a 3 volume collection.

After all, what is there to document after 2000??

The only thing which may be SOMEWHAT worthy is the Japan/Aussie 2001 shows they did with Singer in Pete's makeup (with Ace).

I think the 3 volume is perfect -- pre-scab days.

Was being only half-facetious by suggesting there would be, but wouldn't be a shock to see one come out despite the theoretical dearth of unused footage after Vol 1 -3

Terry
11-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
That`s good news.

The version on "Kiss Konfidential" looks as if it`s been synced to the "Alive III" album versions and they appear to be miming.

Worth it if only for Paul Stanley`s ridiculous prancing about at the start of "Love gun".

He sure minces and prances about like a poofter...seemingly not something he did with as much hyper-femininity in the 1970s.

Think it really came to fore with the Heaven's On Fire video; ironically, taking the makeup off seemed to bring out the woman in him. Perhaps casting off the costumes finally freed him to express to the fans his true self; a poncing purple and pink pickle puffer.

Vinnie Velvet
11-05-2007, 01:17 PM
He sure minces and prances about like a poofter...seemingly not something he did with as much hyper-femininity in the 1970s.

Think it really came to fore with the Heaven's On Fire video; ironically, taking the makeup off seemed to bring out the woman in him. Perhaps casting off the costumes finally freed him to express to the fans his true self; a poncing purple and pink pickle puffer.

Actually, when I was watching KISSOLOGY Vol. 2, I noticed that Paul really started the more dancing and less actual guitar playing by the time they did Brazil in 1983.

Of course, they were ready to remove the makeup, which they ended up doing anyway by the fall of that year.

So, when you say Paul became more of a woman when the makeup came off is totally true. :D

Also, without the heels it gave Paul more mobility to do so much more of that gay prancing and dancing.

God, check out the vid to 'You Make Me Rock Hard', I could have sworn it was Cher and not Paul there.

Terry
11-05-2007, 10:25 PM
Actually, when I was watching KISSOLOGY Vol. 2, I noticed that Paul really started the more dancing and less actual guitar playing by the time they did Brazil in 1983.

Of course, they were ready to remove the makeup, which they ended up doing anyway by the fall of that year.

So, when you say Paul became more of a woman when the makeup came off is totally true. :D

Also, without the heels it gave Paul more mobility to do so much more of that gay prancing and dancing.

God, check out the vid to 'You Make Me Rock Hard', I could have sworn it was Cher and not Paul there.

Saw him and Simmons doing some PSA on VH1 Classic, in makeup. Simmons just looked tired and sounded bored, while Stanley came across like an old lady.

Didn't Frehley and Criss jokingly refer to Stanley as "He/She" back in the 1970s?

indeedido
11-05-2007, 10:55 PM
There will probably be a best of for volume 4. The best of the previous three, plus some rare scene of Ace drinking cool aid at Paul's birthday party.

monkeythe
11-05-2007, 10:59 PM
As much as we rip on Gene for ripping off his fans, I'm actually jealous and wish my favorite band put out more than 3 worthwhile songs in the past 23 years

Vinnie Velvet
11-06-2007, 10:05 AM
Saw him and Simmons doing some PSA on VH1 Classic, in makeup. Simmons just looked tired and sounded bored, while Stanley came across like an old lady.

Didn't Frehley and Criss jokingly refer to Stanley as "He/She" back in the 1970s?

That is true.

I think it was during their very early days, say 74-75.

And from what I remember reading, it was Peter who came up with the "he-she" thing.

:D