PDA

View Full Version : Another live Rush DVD in the works?

Mr Badguy
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
According to the official RUSH newsletter, the Canadian rock trio will film a live concert DVD at Ahoy in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on October 16 and October 17. More information will be made available soon.

As previously reported, RUSH's appearance on IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson's radio show, which was originally scheduled for Friday, October 12 has been postponed until November 9 (tentatively).

You can listen to Bruce's weekly BBC 6 Music radio show, aptly named "The Bruce Dickinson Friday Rock Show", live via the Internet between 10:00 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. U.K. time at BBC.co.uk.

RUSH's 18th studio album, "Snakes & Arrows", debuted at No. 3 on the Billboard album chart with sales of 93,000 copies. The disc is the first collection of all-new RUSH material since 2002's "Vapor Trails" and the 27th RUSH release to make the Billboard album chart. The band's chart peak was in 1993, when "Counterparts" debuted at No. 2.

===========================

Source: Blabbermouth

Mr Badguy
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
It would be easy to see this as a cash in, but personally, I will be first in line for this.

It`s a pretty different set from "Rush in Rio" and "R30", so the more live Rush, the better.

I just hope they don`t butcher it the way they did with "R30", where someone assumed we didn`t want the whole show and cut out a lot of they tracks that appeared on "...in Rio".

I have a bootleg of the whole R30 New York radio City Hall show and it fuckin` rocks.

Give us the whole show, you cunts.

Shaun Ponsonby
10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
HA!

I was about to post this myself...got it through the newsletter.

I actually don't care how many live releases bands make...I love seeing them. If you have a problem with it, don't buy it.

I just wish they would have made the "Chronicles" DVD a little more interesting rather than simply convert the original VHS and add a few more 80s videos rather than add some earlier footage (which, evidentally, turned up of "R30")

WACF
10-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Mr Badguy
It would be easy to see this as a cash in, but personally, I will be first in line for this.

It`s a pretty different set from "Rush in Rio" and "R30", so the more live Rush, the better.

Yeah...I'll be there too...

Originally posted by Mr Badguy

I just hope they don`t butcher it the way they did with "R30", where someone assumed we didn`t want the whole show and cut out a lot of they tracks that appeared on "...in Rio".

I have a bootleg of the whole R30 New York radio City Hall show and it fuckin` rocks.

Give us the whole show, you cunts.

Yes...why in the hell do they cut the shit out of this stuff.
I wonder whose decision that is...

I am hoping for the same picture and sound quality of R30...that thing set one hell of a standard!

Shaun Ponsonby
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
I prefer the Rio DVD myself.

I think its because of the crowd.