PDA

View Full Version : VH Setlist starting to stink!!!

delta5150
10-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Me think so, I've listened to all
the bootlegs up and including 10-10-2007, and I just think to myself, why the fuck do they open with "You really got me"?
Why the fuck did they let Wolfie choose the setlist? Why play all the fucking hits? when most of their best songs aren't hits.

You imagine if they take out
"little dreamer", "I'll wait", "You really got me" "Pretty woman" and played for e.g "Loss of control" "D.O.A" "House of Pain", "On fire" :killer:

They really need to change the setlist and make it more hardcore, they could play "drop dead legs" for the first bloody time too

hotdog@ a shake
10-16-2007, 04:43 PM
uh, yeh, ok ...

Grant
10-16-2007, 06:52 PM
They obviously throw in the hits purely for much of the uninitiated who go to the shows. Pretty much every band does it. Why is it so surprising?

Fairwrning
10-16-2007, 07:40 PM
Agree...they should change up a bunch of songs every night or 2...hell..throw in a little 2-3 song acoustic jam..make each show a bit unique..

VAiN
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
It would be great if they at least mixed up the order of the songs played and had a floater or 2 in there to alternate... but hey, I'm not complaining... when you're there it really doesn't matter.

Eyes of the Night
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
I think age has something to do with them not being able to play the "rockers" ...

Fairwrning
10-16-2007, 08:00 PM
I think "You're no good" is kick ass live..but I doubt Dave can hit those highs that go along with the lead..that was legendary shit..they could change the tone a bit and throw it in tho..that would actually play well in an acoustic set..along with " take your whiskey" and a slew of others

vh rides again
10-16-2007, 08:11 PM
daves the greatest, but sorry, for him to try and sing (on fire) would be silly.

same with alot of songs, if you caant do those great songs justice, dont attempt it.

what the fuck do you want them to do? go out there and have everyone saying that sounded like shit?

think about your new posts before you hit the submit button.

Deklon
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
You guys are kidding right? They're playing 25 songs. They're playing at least as well as they ever have. They're playing plenty from every album. Rockers you say? Have you seen I'm the One, HFT, Unchained, Atomic Punk, Cradle Will Rock, Mean Streets. Ummmm, those rock.
Mix up the set list? They never have mixed it up. Most people see them one time, maybe two. Plus, I think we can be pretty confident that this is not a one and done tour. My read of the live show was that they were happier together than ever. I think they believe they sound better too. They'll mix it up next year.

Jurak
10-16-2007, 08:19 PM
As Yoda say, Patience, young skyrocker.......... :D

naturochem
10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
You think Zeppelin will exclude "Stairway to Heaven", in lieu of "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" or some other obscure tune, that happens to be the favorite of a small percentage of their fan-base on the upcoming reunion gig??

Not that RWTD or any VH hits can be compared with STH... but when did the last tour of a major act NOT include some versions of the band's hit list??

Maybe if the tour survives long enough to hit somewhere in your vicinity, they'll have modified their set list to better accommodate your particular favorites! Or you could try sending a telegram...

vh rides again
10-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by naturochem

Not that RWTD or any VH hits can be compared with STH... i beg your pardon, stairways great but, it doesnt trump any vanhalen song bro.
great song, but kinda whiney.

Little Lamont
10-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Give some niggas a million bucks and they'll complain about the shade of green on the bills...

Fairwrning
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
All I am saying is throw out fuckin "Pretty Woman" in favor of "Hear about it later' every once in awhile..the place would implode..the brothers would even have a place to extend a jam with Wolf..

naturochem
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by vh rides again
i beg your pardon, stairways great but, it doesnt trump any vanhalen song bro.
great song, but kinda whiney.

..wasn't saying it "trumped" a motherfuckin' thing, holmes. From a historical perspective to compare the song to any VH song is just moronic.

For the record, "Stairway" ain't on my ipod like the entire VH collection, but I don't think the tune is "whiny" in the least...

From a song writing perspective, there aren't many better R&R tunes around.

PlexiBrown
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
It is a killer set list and one that you will never see again. It is a kick ass tour. Some people are just never happy.

naturochem
10-16-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Fairwrning
All I am saying is throw out fuckin "Pretty Woman" in favor of "Hear about it later' every once in awhile..the place would implode..the brothers would even have a place to extend a jam with Wolf..

I surely agree... along with DOA, Take your Whiskey, On Fire...etc etc...

But, like I'll take the kid without bitching like a pistol-whipped whore, the set list will work just fine if it continues to deliver the kind of performances VH fans NEVER expected to witness again...

BALLYJUNKIE
10-16-2007, 10:47 PM
drop dead legs ,full bug ,hear about it later ...... maybe wolfie cant play or hasnt practice those songs ......who knows

janarak
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Throw in mwm or cgtsnm.
They didnt totally dismiss it at the press conference .

bigdaddyb
10-17-2007, 12:04 AM
why not let the entire US see the show first then 2nd leg change a few songs. I want to see the show as is but if the set stays the same next tour then there's a good reason to complain.

madraoul
10-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Seriously, it's only been about 23 years since we've seen them together. At least let the guys say hi.

bueno bob
10-17-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by madraoul
Seriously, it's only been about 23 years since we've seen them together. At least let the guys say hi.

Actually, we've never seen them together. This is a "new band", remember?

WACF
10-17-2007, 02:11 AM
The set list is fine...considering this this is the first time they have played together for so long.

Next tour(Fingers crossed)...I would expect some changes.

The only song I question is "I'll wait"...but I'll take it.

With a killer catalogue there are alot of good songs being left out.

We need a double set...LOL....

Dan
10-17-2007, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by PlexiBrown
It is a killer set list and one that you will never see again. It is a kick ass tour. Some people are just never happy.

Great Post.:)

BrownSound1
10-17-2007, 03:21 AM
This is a joke thread right?

No I'm not crazy about "I'll Wait," but I see nothing wrong with the setlist. I think their current version of "Little Dreamer" blows away any previous version they have done. 22 years of EVH playing goddamn "Why Can't This Be Love," and people are complaining about "Oh, Pretty Woman?" Give me a fucking break.

I also say fuck the idea of playing acoustic. This is Diamond Dave and EVH we're talking about here, fuck some Unplugged type of shit.

Like I said at the beginning of my post, I don't care for "I'll Wait." I would love to see them drop that in favor of "Hear About It Later," but if they don't I'm not losing any sleep over it. Be glad they are able to do a tour and play what they are.

adamhlava
10-17-2007, 07:00 AM
i beg your pardon, stairways great but, it doesnt trump any vanhalen song bro.
great song, but kinda whiney. Are you really going to try and convince anyone that Van Halen is the better of the two groups?:rolleyes:

delta5150
10-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Dave's singing much better than ever and I'm confident he can tackle those good songs, plus he's got wolfie doing a good job on vocals, it's not as if he sang those songs well in the first place jeje!

binnie
10-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Little Lamont
Give some niggas a million bucks and they'll complain about the shade of green on the bills...

This man speaks the truth.

chi-town324
10-17-2007, 07:57 AM
went last night to the Rosemont show...the set list is fine!!!...every song kicked ass!!!

chi-town324
10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
2 hrs of non stop in your face...VAN HALEN !!!

ZahZoo
10-17-2007, 11:52 AM
The set list is fine...

Get off the internet and quit listening to every boot being put up.

jharp84
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Nothing is ever perfect! But last night's show was FUCKIN GOOD ENOUGH!! pardon the pun!!

jgdrag
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by ZahZoo
The set list is fine...

No shit

Steve Savicki
10-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Delta5150, are VH even touring La Coruna (Spain?)

TAKIN WHISKEY
10-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324

And that my friend, is enough for me.

Steve Savicki
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Delta5150, the setlist may evolve by the time they reach your area. :p

Fairwrning
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
I read that Ed threw in a bit of "Girl gone bad" in his solo last night...there ya fuckin go..just a SMALL change generates some buzz...so fuck off if you think the setlist should be ironclad every night.

VanHalener
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
Starting to stink? WTF is wrong with you my brother? Had too much Van Halen? Good for you. You're one of the few.

DON'T CHANGE A MUTHAFUCKIN' THANG!

jharp84
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
DUNG-DAN-DUNG-DAN-DUNG-DA - DING!!!! it was fuckin LOUD!!!!! Awesome!

vh rides again
10-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by adamhlava
Are you really going to try and convince anyone that Van Halen is the better of the two groups?:rolleyes:

absofuckinlutely
i seen zepplin, and to tell you the truth i wasnt that impressed but i didnt know what i was seeing either.

as far as im concerned vanhalen blows zepplin off the stage and the map.
but im a vanhalen fan.

zepplins a great group, they have some really good rockin songs they are one of my favorite groups, and i only like a few, but to me it is no comparison.
david lee roth is twice the frontman that robert plant ever was at any time, and (had) a way better rock and roll voice by far if you ask me.

but hey, im a vanhalen fan, theres no music that compares to vanhalen for me.

i love zepplin.

jharp84
10-17-2007, 07:54 PM
absofuckinlutely
i seen zepplin, and to tell you the truth i wasnt that impressed.

as far as im concerned vanhalen blows zepplin off the stage and the map.
but im a vanhalen fan.

zepplins a great group, they have some really good rockin songs they are one of my favorite groups, and i only like a few, but to me it is no comparison.
david lee roth is twice the frontman that robert plant ever was at any time, and (had) a way better rock and roll voice by far if you ask me.

but hey, im a vanhalen fan, theres no music that compares to vanhalen for me.

i love zepplin.

I hope you and/lady are at Billy goat Thurs! Juice

chi-town324
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Get ready to get your heads blown apart....in a good way of course...IT WILL BE FUCKING LOUD, and IN YOUR FACE !!!! trust me !!!!

chi-town324
10-17-2007, 08:00 PM
oh and non stop...and i mean NON STOP!!

vh rides again
10-17-2007, 08:02 PM
you bet your ass ill be there, im gonna be there at at about 330-400pm.
fuck man ive been working my ass off trying to get jobs done or at least put a bandaide on em till i get back home.

but fuckin A im ready to slam some beers, smoke some rope, which i dont regularly do very often and have a good time.

its gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

just look for the baldheaded motherfucker with the chinese eyes, doublefisting a couple budweisers and wearing a vanhalen shirt, with a hot looking chick that he has no buisness being with, thats me.

jharp84
10-17-2007, 08:05 PM
you bet your ass ill be there, im gonna be there at at about 330-400pm.
fuck man ive been working my ass off trying to get jobs done or at least put a bandaide on em till i get back home.

but fuckin A im ready to slam some beers, smoke some dope, which i dont regularly do very often and have a good time.

its gonna be hard to sleep tonight.

Well! Listen my Rock Island bradda-fucckka!(don't ask!) I bring the goddamn joint I forgot to bring last night! And live cd's for the ride home! You better be there!! :bottle: :smoke2:

chi-town324
10-17-2007, 08:20 PM
i will be there by 5 brothers!!!

David Lee Rocks
10-18-2007, 09:02 AM
The set list is fine...

Get off the internet and quit listening to every boot being put up. thats what Im saying, I havent listened to many of em, I wanna keep some level of surprise to all this, although I know most of what they are playing, I dont know what order its in, I wanna keep it that way

Carmine
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
The set list smokes! Besides, of the 25 songs that they're playing, how many of them would you think that they could "replace"?

Not many...

I think there's a signifigance behind YRGM as the opener. It was the bands first "hit" back in 78. Nostalgic? Perhaps...

I'll Wait fuckin KILLS live....

Pretty Woman does too...

they both sound incredibile...

20 of these 25 are getting played every time they tour, if there is to be future tours beyond this one.

After seeing 4 shows so far, it is getting a little bit "stale" as far as everything is the same for the most part. The stories, what they say here and there but, I still feel fuckin jacked up when I leave and thats all that matters.

conmee
10-18-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm pissed... the setlist does suck... where is "Could This Be Magic?" and "Dancin In The Streets" and "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?" Not only that, we need more acoustic (and cowbell) I want Spanish Fly, and I think they should haul a sofa out to the end of the catwalk and play Sinnner's Swing unplugged.

This whole tour is horseshit!!! Too many hits!!!! I need more covers and more cowbells!!!! And why aren't they ending with Happy Fucking Trails!!!!!! Goddammit, I'm selling my tix on eBay RIGHT NOW! (to paraphrase Sammy)!!!!!

lmao

That is all.

Icon.

The Truth
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by conmee
I'm pissed... the setlist does suck... where is "Could This Be Magic?" and "Dancin In The Streets" and "Where Have All The Good Times Gone?" Not only that, we need more acoustic (and cowbell) I want Spanish Fly, and I think they should haul a sofa out to the end of the catwalk and play Sinnner's Swing unplugged.

This whole tour is horseshit!!! Too many hits!!!! I need more covers and more cowbells!!!! And why aren't they ending with Happy Fucking Trails!!!!!! Goddammit, I'm selling my tix on eBay RIGHT NOW! (to paraphrase Sammy)!!!!!

lmao

That is all.

Icon.

You forgot to add "Notre Flame Sucks" too....

out.

conmee
10-18-2007, 12:55 PM
Goddam, what is with all the Irish hatin'?!?!? Truth, don't follow in the footsteps of that heretic Lounge.... no good can come of it... lol

Hey, the Irish are 1-6 and I have hope for at least 3 more wins this season...

That is all.

Icon.

P.S. WARF, keep an eye on The Truth for deviant behavior. Carry on!

slimdon
10-18-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by delta5150
Me think so, I've listened to all
the bootlegs up and including 10-10-2007, and I just think to myself, why the fuck do they open with "You really got me"?
Why the fuck did they let Wolfie choose the setlist? Why play all the fucking hits? when most of their best songs aren't hits.

You imagine if they take out
"little dreamer", "I'll wait", "You really got me" "Pretty woman" and played for e.g "Loss of control" "D.O.A" "House of Pain", "On fire" :killer:

They really need to change the setlist and make it more hardcore, they could play "drop dead legs" for the first bloody time too

I don't want to start my post with "You're retarded... ", but you're complaining, so I will. "You're retarded."

delta5150
10-18-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Steve Savicki
Delta5150, are VH even touring La Coruna (Spain?)

Maybe that's the problem :(

delta5150
10-18-2007, 05:24 PM
The set list is fine...

Originally posted by slimdon
I don't want to start my post with "You're retarded... ", but you're complaining, so I will. "You're retarded."

Tranquilo muchachos!!

naturochem
10-18-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by delta5150
Tranquilo muchachos!!

Retrasado, estúpido...

http://spams-ukwildcatbasketball.com/assclown.mbe.jpg

Eyes of the Night
10-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by chi-town324

Yeah man, I second that yo ...

Eyes of the Night
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by conmee

lmao

That is all.

Icon.

Niiice! ...

Dude, your back in seattle homes? ... you going dec 3rd? ...

that is all

chi-town324
10-19-2007, 10:24 AM
been to both shows in Chicago...i need a few days to recover...set list?...go see the show...then talk to me about a set list

Parnelly
10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Deklon
You guys are kidding right? They're playing 25 songs. They're playing at least as well as they ever have. They're playing plenty from every album. Rockers you say? Have you seen I'm the One, HFT, Unchained, Atomic Punk, Cradle Will Rock, Mean Streets. Ummmm, those rock.
Mix up the set list? They never have mixed it up. Most people see them one time, maybe two. Plus, I think we can be pretty confident that this is not a one and done tour. My read of the live show was that they were happier together than ever. I think they believe they sound better too. They'll mix it up next year.

I agree with this man. I mean sure we would all love to hear D.O.A. Women In Love Top Jimmy, and Drop Dead Legs. But this is a reunion tour. They are going to play these tunes out. Drawing the old crowd that always loved them and newcomers have never heard of em(Total nubs if they havent). IMO I'd like to hear Cant Get This Stuff No More and Me Wise Magic. But in time and some new songs to throw in the mix, im sure they will change it up.

EDIT: Dancing In The Streets would be fuckin sweet though.